What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

3 Days of the Condor, All the Presidents Men, The Great Gatsby, The Sting, Butch Cassidy and many more. I didn't enjoy The Old Man and a Gun though.

I like all of those you mentioned and although The Old man.........wasn't one of his best, still an ok movie for me.

18 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Have you ever seen Jeremiah Johnson?? An all time favourite of mine, but made some time ago and it was a long movie and had an "intermission" time half way through it!

Yes I have that one in my collection. I like most of his films, but got to admit "The Old Man with Gun" was a disappointment.

Mind, did fall asleep half way through. Maybe I should watch it again all the way through next time, could be it's a good film after all :unsure:

Saw two movies last two days - one awful, one great.

I didn't see director Steve McQueen's 3rd feature "12 Years a Slave" because I thought it was the sort of film that was going to give me a headache from anger over the injustice I expected to be portrayed.

His 4th feature, "Widows" is finally available.

MV5BMjM3ODc5NDEyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTI4

Total timewaster.

Very flat - a lot of scenes feel like they filmed the rehearsal.

The actors sometimes seem to be acting in different films.

Terrible script - the central caper and the way it is conducted is so absurd, and the big plot twist doesn't evoke shock and surprise but "Ok. So what?" because everything is already on the level of episodic TV plus some swearing and a tad of nudity.

I ended up getting my anger headache anyway, because the next day I decided to watch a film I'd seen very long ago - Costa-Gavras' 3rd feature "Z" (1969).

Half a century later, this film has lost none of its punch and power.

MV5BYTk0NmQ2YzEtNjJhNi00YWM2LThkZmQtNDY1

A thriller about what became a major worldwide scandal in Greece.

As the forward to the film states "Any resemblance with non-fictitious events or people, living or dead, is not a coincidence.

It is INTENTIONAL".

Stirring and exciting.

I also felt sadness as it makes me think of what is going on now in Venezuela with the USA launching a coup to destroy a democratically elected government there.

If you haven't seen this, definitely worth viewing, and if you have seen it, definitely worth viewing again.

(If one of the thugs looks familiar

MV5BODAxOWRlZGEtNWQyZS00YTE0LWE5ZDAtZDIw

he was the man on an elevated train that Gene Hackman raced in a car to overtake in "The French Connection" - Marcel Bozzuffi).

11 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Yes I have that one in my collection. I like most of his films, but got to admit "The Old Man with Gun" was a disappointment.

Mind, did fall asleep half way through. Maybe I should watch it again all the way through next time, could be it's a good film after all :unsure:

Yes it was a bit "average" IMO, but ok, still better than a lot of rubbish I am seeing on my torrent site!

59 minutes ago, Concrete said:

The Sting was a good movie, however that was made in 1973. Since then he's been in a lot of duds. Really only old women rate him now.

When you have something positive to say, I'm sure people will take notice of you.

Friends, Heroes, Frazier, 2 1/2 Men, Homeland, Blacklist and of course Breaking Bad !! Movies- Cinema Paradiso, The Story of 1900, Once upon a time in the west, Paint your Waggon, The first wife’s club, Somethings gotta give

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

4 hours ago, xylophone said:

Yes it was a bit "average" IMO, but ok, still better than a lot of rubbish I am seeing on my torrent site!

Yep, I'm with you about The Old Man and The Gun.

Thought it was OK, but I get enjoyment out of just watching guys

like Redford and Eastwood.

That they're still involved in movies in their eighties, is an achievement 

in itself I reckon.

Both are absolute legends.

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Yes, but does everyone have the same taste? No? Then vive la difference.

I asked about an Eastwood movie who critics have praised a lot in the last 20 years. Didn't expect to get ambushed by Redford groupies still watching the 1970s flicks.

33 minutes ago, Concrete said:

I asked about an Eastwood movie who critics have praised a lot in the last 20 years. Didn't expect to get ambushed by Redford groupies still watching the 1970s flicks.

I see you're still trying to get noticed.

1 hour ago, Concrete said:

Didn't you read the link I added to your Redford's 10 worst movies? It was Eastwood's 50 worst. He's had plenty of lemons in his career, but I guess they are all winners to a fanboy.

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

Didn't you read the link I added to your Redford's 10 worst movies? It was Eastwood's 50 worst. He's had plenty of lemons in his career, but I guess they are all winners to a fanboy.

That's great but he's had some good ones in the last 20 years unlike many other people.

That list contains some of his big hits like Million Dollar Baby and his cop films which made him famous.

Obviously you didn't read it.

Don't feed the troll.

Joined less than 24 hours ago and has already made over 70 posts.

Mostly just baiting people.

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Series.. Project Blue Book, X files sort of thing, I am the night  ..about the Black Dahlia case. 

The Passage, decent series,  Les Miserables  a BBC products very good,

regards Worgeordie

Thank you for those 3. I will wait until the series is finished; then I'll download and binge watch. At the moment I'm waiting for s22 of Silent Witness and S9 of Vera to finish. Until then I'm enjoying The Marvellous Mrs Maisel and old episodes of Death in Paradise.

Archived