What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

What's with all these movies, TV series etc now in HEVC format? My Media player won't play anything in that format, so no use to me unless I bother trying to convert them, which apparently is a rather lengthy process.
Smaller file size for same quality picture. Less memory taken up and quicker to download. Plays on my computer with windows media player classic and win 10.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might be a fraction over my fighting weight.    

Slightly off topic but any chance of you changing your Avatar? That's half an hour of my life gone.

Watched, "Danger Close" about Australian and New Zealand soldiers face overwhelming odds as they fight for their lives during the Battle of Long Tan in Vietnam.   As it happens a friend of m

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

Smaller file size for same quality picture. Less memory taken up and quicker to download. Plays on my computer with windows media player classic and win 10.

It will play on my computer as well, but I like to watch movies on the big screen via a portable media player.

Edited by giddyup
On 9/4/2019 at 2:51 PM, Nemises said:

Hoping someone can help with a subs problem... English subtitles work fine from subscene.com but whenever I try Thai subtitles it always displays subs in an unknown language.

Yes, I’ve changed (& saved)the filter from “English” to “Thai” each time. The downloaded file name even says it’s a Thai subtitle.

You do have Thai fonts installed on the device that displays the subs ?

some subtitles say they are Thai but are  either fake or just display "gobbledygook" no matter what font you use

sometimes you can open the *.srt file  with a text editor  and sort out the "Unicode encoding" of the file

EditPad Lite  version 7.6.4   has a good built in tool for that.

1732884847_textencoding.jpg.ef1b127d72480b5dc5d12530101cae38.jpg

• Like 1
It will play on my computer as well, but I like to watch movies on the big screen via a portable media player.
Sorry, missed the portable media player reasoning. Why worry though, HVEC torrents are still a minority format, just download your preferred format.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

Sorry, missed the portable media player reasoning. Why worry though, HVEC torrents are still a minority format, just download your preferred format.

It's just that I see that format more and more on download sites and wondering if this is the future.

It's just that I see that format more and more on download sites and wondering if this is the future.
I understand your concern. If you wish to pay the money you can buy a portable media player that will play it. If the format becomes popular the price of the players will come down. Same thing has been happening for years.

• Like 1

Temple

New 8 part series starting this Saturday.

Summary: About an illicit surgery operating in the murky depths of the London underground. Daniel Milton (Strong) wants to do good but is increasingly compromised by his dodgy clientele.

• Thanks 1

I recently enjoyed

Carnival Row, alternate earth Victorian London with fairies and other monsters, plenty of gore, tits, bums and violence.

Complete season released, Orlando Bloom is the star.

Sanditon, Jane Austin period drama, up to episode 3 now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • CharlieH locked and unpinned this topic