What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

With Australian underworld figure Tony Mokbel being stabbed in jail a few days
ago, thought it might be an idea to let people know about the Oz series Underbelly.

If you like crime shows, this is one of the better ones.

Summary: Each season of this multi award winning Television series takes you through a 13 episode run in the rise and fall of real life Australian underworld figures as told from both sides of the law. As each new season unfolds you are in a different time period and City with new Crime Bosses and the Police that try to bring them to justice.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:53 PM, carmine said:

Anyone know where i can get a download of the Nat Geo documentary Free Solo?

If you haven't already seen it, this one is now available at TPB and

most of the regular websites.

On 2/9/2019 at 6:00 PM, Daffy D said:

Available here:- https://www.limetorrents.info/T-34 -T-34-2018-HD1080P-x264- -Chs-Russian-aac-kankan-ws-torrent-12176181.html

Unfortunately it's in foreign language (Russian?) and hard coded in foreign subs (Chinese?)

????

T-34 English subs

https://subscene.com/subtitles/t-34/english/1930542

My movie copy -

T-34 2018 WEBRip by Dalemake

Subs above in sync

Just binge watched the first 6 episodes ( season 1 ) of Sneaky Pete on a plane, started off a little unsure but when Bryan Cranston appeared things started to hot up and now can’t wait for the next flight to finish season 1 off !!
Hopefully season 2 was as good ( anybody ?? ) and season 3 should be starting soon .

15 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Just binge watched the first 6 episodes ( season 1 ) of Sneaky Pete on a plane, started off a little unsure but when Bryan Cranston appeared things started to hot up and now can’t wait for the next flight to finish season 1 off !!
Hopefully season 2 was as good ( anybody ?? ) and season 3 should be starting soon .

I really enjoyed season 2 as well:smile:

THE LUNCH BOX , INDIA 2014  set in mumbai  the tale of an unhappy housewife who realises  her husbands lunchbox which she daily carefully makes is delivered to the wrong person, she realises that its gone astray and in the next one writes a note,  the guy who its delivered to is a lonely older guy about to retire and via daily notes they become friends ,, IMO  a delightfully engaging film. 8 /10

36 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

THE LUNCH BOX , INDIA 2014  set in mumbai  the tale of an unhappy housewife who realises  her husbands lunchbox which she daily carefully makes is delivered to the wrong person, she realises that its gone astray and in the next one writes a note,  the guy who its delivered to is a lonely older guy about to retire and via daily notes they become friends ,, IMO  a delightfully engaging film. 8 /10

Seconded.

MV5BMTUwMzc1NjIzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODUy

That's director Ritesh Batra's 1st feature (2013).

The only thing that bothered me when I first watched it was that I thought there is no way that the lunchbox delivery could really exist.

But it does - a fascinating and unique cultural custom.

After that I watched his second, "The Sense of an Ending (2017), which I would recommend highly.

Great cast - Jim Broadbent. Charlotte Rampling. Harriet Walter - really impressive - she shows how to take a small part and make it special.

MV5BNDg0NjI4NjAtY2JlOS00MWVjLTkzZTItNWE4

I love "unraveling the truth" films - when they work, which this one does.

(Iranian director Ashgar Farhadi's films are another great example of this. Such as:

MV5BYzI1ZDI3ODctMTdmYi00MTAxLTlhY2MtZGMz

2012 Academy Award - Best Foreign Language Film).

Watched the movie "Mary Queen of Scots" last night and thought it was good, more so because it gave another insight to the machinations behind the reigns of both Mary and Elizabeth.

I enjoyed the Elizabeth I movies, which contained some historical facts, although not in actual timeline, however this one was different because it sort of went behind the scenes, and if I was to draw a conclusion in just a few lines, I would say certainly that Mary was the victim of greed, betrayal and split loyalties by her nobles and family, whereas Elizabeth, not so much.

One thing about living oseas is you do miss some good stuff from your home country , thank god for TVF and IMDB !!

Just watched Dead Man’s Shoes (2004), a gritty violent movie about revenge.

From IMDB:

“Richard returns home from military service to a small town in the Midlands. He has one thing on his mind: revenge. Payback for the local bullies who did some very bad things to his brother. At first his campaign employs guerrilla tactics, designed to frighten the men and put them ill at ease. But then he steps up his operation, and one by one these local tough guys are picked off by the terrifying angel of vengeance that Richard has become.”

6 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

One thing about living oseas is you do miss some good stuff from your home country , thank god for TVF and IMDB !!

Just watched Dead Man’s Shoes (2004), a gritty violent movie about revenge.

From IMDB:

“Richard returns home from military service to a small town in the Midlands. He has one thing on his mind: revenge. Payback for the local bullies who did some very bad things to his brother. At first his campaign employs guerrilla tactics, designed to frighten the men and put them ill at ease. But then he steps up his operation, and one by one these local tough guys are picked off by the terrifying angel of vengeance that Richard has become.”

Will take a look, thanks.

That's director Shane Meadows.

His next film which he wrote and directed, "This Is England" (2006), is a masterpiece. Unforgettable.

MV5BMTg3NTM1NDUzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTI2

Was just thinking about it within the last few days.

Also reminded of it frequently due to USA news, as even though it depicts 1983 England it's very reminiscent of the discontent in the USA and the simplistic scapegoats people turned to which led to Trump.

One of the great child performances by 1st timer Thomas Turgoose (2nd from left), and brillant work by Stephen Graham (middle):

MV5BYTFlNWY2OTItODY3MC00ODAzLTllNjEtOGNm

One of the great child performances by 1st timer Thomas Turgoose (2nd from left), and brillant work by Stephen Graham (middle):

Another great child actor was David Bradley , his performance in this touching/funny/gritty story about a young lad and his trials and tribulations suffered on growing up in late 60’s Barnsley and his friendship with his pet kestrel was legendary.

The humour in the school football scene is masterful and brings back memories of 1960’s Yorkshire.

( sub titles might be required for anyone not familiar with a strong Yorkshire accent ). [emoji51]

IMG_1246.JPG

4 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Another great child actor was David Bradley , his performance in this touching/funny/gritty story about a young lad and his trials and tribulations suffered on growing up in late 60’s Barnsley and his friendship with his pet kestrel was legendary.

The humour in the school football scene is masterful and brings back memories of 1960’s Yorkshire.

( sub titles might be required for anyone not familiar with a strong Yorkshire accent ). emoji51.png

IMG_1246.JPG

The child performance they all have to be judged against:

MV5BZGFmNTU2NjYtM2IxYy00OTgzLWI0NjYtYmM2

Roddy McDowall in John Ford's 1941 "How Green Was My Valley".

Archived