BANGKOK
CharlieH

What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

On 12/3/2019 at 11:49 AM, xylophone said:

Yes, I would have to agree with you and I thoroughly enjoyed it, although a friend switched it off early because he said he "couldn't get into it"??. Although it was a long movie and covered quite a few different aspects, I thought it was well enough paced and structured to allow the viewer to follow it without too much hassle.

As "ExpatOilWorker" has said, I also enjoyed the, "Rambo – Last Blood" movie, and I still occasionally hark back to the original one which I thought was quite unique for its time.

I also watched "The Report", which I was a little sceptical about when I read some reviews, however I was so glad I watched it because it was smart and intriguing, and filled in a few holes of my knowledge about the particular time and incidents in the movie.

The BBC "War of the World's" series looks okay and has a different element in it which I am still waiting to see how it pans out.

And as others have said, the David Attenborough serious, or indeed anything he does, is/are just superlative and I have no problem if he embraces climate change, because it is something we should all be looking at in my opinion – – actually I'll rephrase that; it is something that we should all be doing something about, rather than just looking at! 

Thanks for The Report, well worth watching.

• Like 1

Just noticed the latest season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is out.  Just watched the first episode so far and it was, indeed, marvelous.  Terrific writing, acting, sets, the works.

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Just noticed the latest season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is out.  Just watched the first episode so far and it was, indeed, marvelous.  Terrific writing, acting, sets, the works.

Thank you very much for this info. One of the great shows on tv

• Like 1

Upright

This new Aussie show looks like it could be a good one.

All 8 episodes available at the usual places.

Summary: Two misfits, thrown together by chance in the middle of the Australian desert, forge

bonds in a quest to transport a precious piano from one side of the country to the other.

• Thanks 1

Just caught a pretty interesting comedy series from Showtime called Work In Progress.

About a fat bull dyke who gets romantic with a. female trans person.

Normally I would never have thought this would appeal to me....but it is pretty watchable.

Chuckles galore. Only one episode so far

On 12/6/2019 at 9:49 AM, Blue Muton said:

As requested, a reminder that "Reprisal" is due to premiere on Hulu today, so may appear at 'other places' tomorrow.

The first 20 minutes looked promising, but then it degenerated badly into cartoon characters.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The first 20 minutes looked promising, but then it degenerated badly into cartoon characters.

Thanks. Saved my time and hard drive space.

4 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Thanks. Saved my time and hard drive space.

Only my opinion. It does get a 7.4 rating on IMDB so someone must have liked it.

Edited by giddyup

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Only my opinion. It does get a 7.4 rating on IMDB so someone must have liked it.

With 401 votes - perhaps the cast - IMDB ratings have very little real meaning for new releases or low vote counts such as this.  

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 10:24 AM, steelepulse said:

Looking forward to "The Irishman" coming to Netflix at the end of next month.  Pacino, De Niro, Pesci and Scorsese directing.  Running time of 3.5 hours but all the reviews in so far say it's really good.

It was about 80 minutes too long. An incredible indulgence on the part of Scorcese. The performances were great, and the CGI and production was great. But, there were some 11 minute scenes, that should have been 4 minutes long. And within 24 hours, the film completely left my consciousness. NOT a classic. A perfectly decent film, that was way too long. Not worth all the hype.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Thankfully, not everyone is tuned to the same station.

20 hours ago, Will27 said:

Upright

This new Aussie show looks like it could be a good one.

All 8 episodes available at the usual places.

Summary: Two misfits, thrown together by chance in the middle of the Australian desert, forge

bonds in a quest to transport a precious piano from one side of the country to the other.

What "usual places" are those? Tried about 6 well known torrent sites and can't find it at any of them.

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What "usual places" are those? Tried about 6 well known torrent sites and can't find it at any of them.

TPB was the first place I looked. S01 complete has been on there 2 days now.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

TPB was the first place I looked. S01 complete has been on there 2 days now.

That's weird, didn't show up first time I looked. Thanks.