What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

Documentary - The Death of Aimee Spencer

Thought this was pretty good.

Suumary: In 2016, the Geordie Shore extra and webcam model Aimee Spencer was found lying mortally injured having fallen from a flat window in Brighton. In the flat was one Daniel Lewis, intoxicated on class A drugs. What happened? Cameras follow the case from the initial arrival of police to Lewis’s arrest. Footage ranges from the heartbreaking to the worryingly intrusive, but the programme evidently has the blessing of Aimee’s family.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched Secret City. Drama involving dodgy dealings between certain Australian intelligence agencies and the Chinese. Not bad and quite a good story but I've watched a couple of these now and the story always seems to unfold in quite a flat and lifeless way, more like they're making a soap. Seems to lack the "gotta watch the next episode" impact that some manage to achieve.

Also watching The Durrells. Very pleasant light hearted comedy in the style of Darling Buds of May. Story follows a widow who in 1935 carts her 4, at times troublesome, kids off in search of a better life in Corfu.

Posted using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Will27 said:

Documentary - The Death of Aimee Spencer

Thought this was pretty good.

Suumary: In 2016, the Geordie Shore extra and webcam model Aimee Spencer was found lying mortally injured having fallen from a flat window in Brighton. In the flat was one Daniel Lewis, intoxicated on class A drugs. What happened? Cameras follow the case from the initial arrival of police to Lewis’s arrest. Footage ranges from the heartbreaking to the worryingly intrusive, but the programme evidently has the blessing of Aimee’s family.

Thanks for posting - you do post info on some interesting documentaries, cheers.

Found it on tpb.

6 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Looking for assistance on how to find & add English subtitles for foreign movies that I’ve downloaded. Sorry if it’s been asked before. Thanks in advance for any help.

https://subscene.com/

Set filter to English

You will see many subtitles - try to match the download copy you have with subtitles with the same name i.e. A.Private.War.2018.720p.BluRay.x264.-(YTS.AM)

This ensures the subs and movie are synced - dialogue comes at the same time the actors lips moved.

Altho subs without the same name can also be OK.

VLC player lets you speed up or slow down the subs to sync

Dark Son: The Hunt for a Serial Killer

I didn't mind this one.

Summary: Did a Welsh child murderer go on to become Jack the Stripper - the man behind the biggest case of unsolved serial murders in UK criminal history? Prof. David Wilson investigates.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06x6cxl

I thought “Jack the Stripper” was from Boyztown...

13 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

https://subscene.com/

Set filter to English

You will see many subtitles - try to match the download copy you have with subtitles with the same name i.e. A.Private.War.2018.720p.BluRay.x264.-(YTS.AM)

This ensures the subs and movie are synced - dialogue comes at the same time the actors lips moved.

Altho subs without the same name can also be OK.

VLC player lets you speed up or slow down the subs to sync

One of the reasons i got Netflix, I don't need the subs but the GF does and I know how to download and fiddle around with it. However the GF does not and I got bored finding subs and worried about her doing it and getting a virus (you never know with unskilled computer people). Now with Netflix no longer a problem.

One of the reasons i got Netflix, I don't need the subs but the GF does and I know how to download and fiddle around with it. However the GF does not and I got bored finding subs and worried about her doing it and getting a virus (you never know with unskilled computer people). Now with Netflix no longer a problem.

Yeah, Netflix is great. It is amazing how much stuff has Thai subs...

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

Yeah, Netflix is great. It is amazing how much stuff has Thai subs...

Yes or English subs, gf prefers English subs to assist with her English. Anyway I am just a lazy SOB and did not want to go trawling through websites to find a sub that matches and at the same speed. Its not that much work but doing it a lot gets boring.

I still have torrents and newsgroups for series / movies not on netflix but she will just have to do with netflix alone.

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Dark Son: The Hunt for a Serial Killer

I didn't mind this one.

Summary: Did a Welsh child murderer go on to become Jack the Stripper - the man behind the biggest case of unsolved serial murders in UK criminal history? Prof. David Wilson investigates.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06x6cxl

Thanks for posting the details about this one too. It's on tpb.

Watched "Tombstone" for the umpteenth time last night as it's one of my favourite Western zone is a good fill-in when I want to watch something which I don't know I will get to the end of...........!

In my opinion, everything about this movie is great and in particular Val Kilmer's portrayal of Doc Holiday is probably his best role ever and I still marvel at it.

11 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Just watched "The Impossible". A sappy tear-jerker about a family at a Phuket resort caught in the Tsunami. 

I thought it was worth seeing, but I like sappy, tear-jerker type stuff...

Supposed to be a true story...

I liked that too and thought that the Tsunami scenes were riveting/chair gripping stuff!

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I liked that too and thought that the Tsunami scenes were riveting/chair gripping stuff!

Pretty good acting as well. Would have been nice to have had a summary of sorts at the end with facts about the tsunami. As long as the credits ran I thought they were going to have something. 

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:00 AM, Will27 said:

Baptiste - Really looking forward to this one.

Coming soon.

Inspector Julian Baptiste was great in The Missing.
This is a spin off.

Thought episode 1 was really promising.

The short-priced favourite to win this years Best Picture Academy award is “Roma”.

I’ve just watched it and I’m wondering if I’m the only person in the world who found this movie one of the most painfully boring ever?

If it wins, the bar will be set low.

I am not a Malcolm McDowell completist, and yes, he is still alive. However a few of my favorite films ever are O Lucky Man! and Clockwork Orange.

So I watched a film he starred in the same year as Clockwork Orange (1973), Long Ago Tomorrow, and I was blown away by his performance. 

Title Song O Lucky Man!

Archived