BANGKOK
CharlieH

What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Wow !

Did you watch it - what were your thoughts on the lifers in solitary, who cannot sit down, & have to walk all day?

On 12/13/2019 at 10:49 AM, ThaidDown said:

Midsomer Murders series 21  is available, 4 episodes from usual places.

Not airing in UK until next year.

(if info already posted apols)

is there anyone still breathing in midsomer

• Haha 1

Just downloaded two mini series ,one from 2007 called Jekyll ,a modern take on Jekyll and Hyde ,so far really good ,also a  new series See about the future where everyone is blind , what can i say? <deleted> just took on a new meaning .

On 12/14/2019 at 5:58 PM, faraday said:

Did you watch it - what were your thoughts on the lifers in solitary, who cannot sit down, & have to walk all day?

Hence my WOW comment.

Toughest prison I have seen. Glad I didn't go there !

Jeremy Bambers case has been dramatized and will be screened in Jan. I have always felt he was fitted up...

White House Farm

Edited by evadgib
  • Thanks 2

The Oslo Killing

New six part series.

Summary: In April 1974, Anni Nielsen Iranzo was found brutally murdered at her home in Oslo, Norway.
It's an unsolved crime that spans four decades and crosses several countries: Norway, Spain, Argentina and the U.S.

New ITV series called Sticks and Stones.

Looks interesting.

Also dvd screener season is here...Uncut Gems with Adam Sandler...looked vaguely interesting

but I had to turn it off after 15 minutes...will try again in a few days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Uncut Gems with Adam Sandler. This is not a comedy, but it does have it's amusing moments. One word describes this movie. Intense. Loved it.

Saw Knives Out, a movie much hyped as the Oscars draw nearer. This has Daniel Craig in the role as an amateur sleuth brought in to investigate a supposed suicide. Much use of flashbacks, plot twists and numerous red herrings but the film, for me, never gets beyond tedious. The cast includes Chris Pine, Christopher Plummer, Don Johnson, Michael Shannon and Jamie Lee Curtis but does not add up to the sum of its parts. Craig wanders into "ham" territory and this is not a good audition from him for any post Bond roles.

Avoid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Couldn't really get into Uncut Gems....maybe Sandler was miscast...????

However there s another screener released that is just brilliant.

Portrait of a Lady On Fire.

I loved this film....beautiful in its storytelling and production. Top Marks.

22 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Couldn't really get into Uncut Gems....maybe Sandler was miscast...????

However there s another screener released that is just brilliant.

Portrait of a Lady On Fire.

I loved this film....beautiful in its storytelling and production. Top Marks.

Thought Sandler was perfect as the frenetic compulsive gambler, trying to stay one step ahead of the loan sharks. Problem is people only want to see him in comedy roles.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 6:58 PM, faraday said:

I can't find it now, but I watched a much worse one than that about the Russian prisons in Siberia.... 

The inmates were walked down the corridor with their hands behind their back & their hands had to be higher than their head so they had to stoop low (Try it yourself) & all the time there was these huge German Shepherds barking away at them... 

Wish I could find the show, if anything doesn't scare the <deleted> out of you about going to prison that will... 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I can't find it now, but I watched a much worse one than that about the Russian prisons in Siberia.... 

The inmates were walked down the corridor with their hands behind their back & their hands had to be higher than their head so they had to stoop low (Try it yourself) & all the time there was these huge German Shepherds barking away at them... 

Wish I could find the show, if anything doesn't scare the <deleted> out of you about going to prison that will... 

It's called " Inside Russias Toughest Prisons." There's a copy on the rare burger

• Thanks 1