What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/1/2019 at 11:10 PM, SooKee said:

Really no idea how this one slipped under the radar seeing as I tend to hunt this type of stuff out.  Halfway through season one of the Starz (currently two season) series 'Counterpart' starring J K Simmons: "A hapless UN employee discovers the agency he works for is hiding a gateway to a parallel dimension that's in Cold War with our own, and where his other self is a top spy. The war slowly heats up thanks to spies from both sides."

Great story / script, very good acting, unfolds in a very clever way.  Great stuff.

+1 for Counterpart, seen season1, loved it.

Project Blue Book is good stuff as well, currently airing on Discovery channel; 10 episodes out so far. It's about UFO's in the 1950 USA based on files from the US air force so a real story, I download each series as fast as they come out and will rather not being disturbed when watching it, ha-ha.

Sirens, in the middle of season1, a bit slow going, not given up yet.

Thanks to everyone posting; got heaps of good info about movies/TV series to download.

13 minutes ago, Rally123 said:
5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I don't think I'm allowed to post a link?

However, it's on skytorrents

Dubbed into Russian apparently..

Arghh! I d/l it but haven't watched it yet. Just checked, and you're correct.

I followed the d/l from an English link somewhere else and it never occurred to me someone would post a Russian link in English.

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

It annoys the hell out of me to see smug 15 year olds walk free on a rape charge though. Can't tell me that cock and bull story he came back with wasn't drummed up by his low life lawyer. They really are bottom feeders.

One thing that annoys me is the amount of abuse coppers have to put up with from these scrotes now.

When they're getting booked in, it's like they're in a hotel.

"what type of meals do you want, how many blankets, pillows". FMD!

Who'd be a copper these days.

"Finding Steve McQueen", interesting movie,based on true events.

a gang of bank robbers go to California to rob a bank that they

think holds $30 million of a Nixon slush fund.

well worth a watch,i think.

regards worgeordie

5 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Was it just me or did Billion kind of fizzle out when all the nemesis sat down and had a glass of wine at the end of season 3?

I'll have to watch the new series to make an informed response.

On 3/17/2019 at 6:30 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

Was it just me or did Billion kind of fizzle out when all the nemesis sat down and had a glass of wine at the end of season 3?

no its good so far....there are more villains now....Grigorov the Russian oligarch played by Joh Malkovich is good, if a bit cliched.

From now on its more about Ax vs Taylor while Chuck tries to claw his way back into power.

Just finished the Netflix epic on Madeleine McCann....was good to see it all in one place.

some crazy stuff that you cannot make up.

Also enjoying motherfatherson a BBC drama series with Richard Gere as a media tycoon with family problems.

The case against adman syed ...hbo doco also continues

5 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

no its good so far....there are more villains now....Grigorov the Russian oligarch played by Joh Malkovich is good, if a bit cliched.

From now on its more about Ax vs Taylor while Chuck tries to claw his way back into power.

Just finished the Netflix epic on Madeleine McCann....was good to see it all in one place.

some crazy stuff that you cannot make up.

Also enjoying motherfatherson a BBC drama series with Richard Gere as a media tycoon with family problems.

The case against adman syed ...hbo doco also continues

I think it did fizzle out tbh. Im not keen on the Taylor character either or that midget rival of Ax. I really liked chucks wife to begin but now I just don't fancy her anymore. Maybe she needs to perform more golden showers. Connerty as well. Kind of a loser feel for the guy. Best character was the guy with 2 families. Dollar bill.

Code 37: Sex Crimes

Been waiting for this one to arrive.
Series 1 available now with hard coded subs.

Summary: Chief Inspector Hannah Maes starts her new job as head of the Ghent police department that deals with sexual offences, aka Code 37s. Together with her three colleagues she must create a team that tackles the most serious and violent sexual crimes.

Trapped season 2 with hard-coded subs now available on TPB.

Season 1 was very good.

Summary: In a remote town in Iceland, Police desperately try to solve a crime as a powerful storm descends upon the town.

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

Trapped season 2 with hard-coded subs now available on TPB.

Season 1 was very good.

Summary: In a remote town in Iceland, Police desperately try to solve a crime as a powerful storm descends upon the town.

Got into it last night....very good....

On 3/13/2019 at 10:16 AM, bluesofa said:

I'd say it's a little amusing. I'm sticking with it due to liking Martin Clunes, but I can't really see it being much of a success. Not his best role IMHO.

I'm just about to watch E03. The thought that keeps creeping into my mind is an attempt at Victor Meldrew suffering depression.

i like clunes, but this just didn't hit the spot

watching 'Proven Innocent', 'tin star', 'presidents at war', the enemy within, new season of 'the good fight' and 'for the people', new series 'mother father son'

On 3/16/2019 at 8:41 PM, Will27 said:

One thing that annoys me is the amount of abuse coppers have to put up with from these scrotes now.

When they're getting booked in, it's like they're in a hotel.

"what type of meals do you want, how many blankets, pillows". FMD!

Who'd be a copper these days.

i'm glad i was in in the 80's, not so many rules then, until PACE came along.

Just finished watching Netflix take on the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann ... evidence suggests the little girl was taken, and we can disregard the nasty internet trolling around the parents. Touched on this subject ... child abduction ... and it’s pretty shocking what is going on under our noses. Governments need to put more resources into stopping this.

28 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

The Mule, Clint Eastwood as a 90 year old drug mule

regards worgeordie

I thought it was a bit average to be honest. Kudos to the 89 year old Eastwood for directing and acting though.

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

Just finished watching Netflix take on the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Does the prog get answers to the 48 questions Kate McCann refused to answer when questioned by the police? I'd only watch it if it did.

3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Touched on this subject ... child abduction ... and it’s pretty shocking what is going on under our noses. Governments need to put more resources into stopping this.

Above is 'Off topic'. 

I won't bother watching 'The Disappearance of Madeline McCann' as the documentary contains nothing new.

The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann landed as a full eight-part series. Was it worth the wait? Did it confound the rumours and the doubters? No and no, not by any conceivable metric.

It was a simple retelling – in what felt almost like real time, so leadenly was it done – of the story of the three-year-old’s disappearance from the holiday resort of Praia da Luz one terrible night in May 2007. It was a blatant cash-in on the vogue for the true-crime series that have become a staple of Netflix’s output since the success of Making a Murderer a few years ago, but without any of the justifications previous works in the genre have provided. It was not the disinterment of a forgotten case, it was not the re-examination of a suspected miscarriage of justice. It offered no new facts, no new insight. It didn’t even have a point of view.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/mar/15/disappearance-madeleine-mccann-netflix-review-moral-failure

Archived