BANGKOK 25 April 2019 04:47
CharlieH

What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

Watched two good movies over last 2 days.............."Replicas", with Keanau Reeves and although it didn't get a great rating on IMDB I thought it was good, with a twist at the end.

Then, "A Private War", about Marie Colvin, the war correspondent who was killed in Syria, who was played superbly by Rosamund Pike.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

"...'A Private War', about Marie Colvin, the war correspondent who was killed in Syria, who was played superbly by Rosamund Pike.

I hope that is revealed early in the film and that you didn't give away the ending - haven't seen the film yet, and knew nothing about Marie Colvin, although now I know she was killed in Syria before I've seen the film.

9 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

I hope that is revealed early in the film and that you didn't give away the ending - haven't seen the film yet, and knew nothing about Marie Colvin, although now I know she was killed in Syria before I've seen the film.

Ah yes............Her story is well known and a book has just had its review and a doco made about her, and there have been numerous newspaper articles, so thought most knew, but sorry if you didn't. Having said that there is a narrative at the beginning of the film, which is a bit of a giveaway in this respect.

I watched the film about Winston Churchill and thoroughly enjoyed it even though I knew he was dead, so don't let that stop you watching this movie.

I've been search high, low, wide for whatever is a=available ? to view the new Srat Trek Discovery TV series...

well I've finally stumbled on to imkantv, from out of China! 

The site has grabbed the entire 2 seasons to date... 

now the base site is of coarse all in Chinese, but translates okay!

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://imkan.tv/&prev=search 

the Search for 'ST:Discovery' 

all available episodes, to date:

Edited by tifino
  • Like 1

Wayne , u tube prem jan 2019 dont know if anyones seen this but 4 me  1 st episode up there with the funniest i've ever seen,,  cant see a whole series sustaining  THAT edge ,  b v hapi 2 b proved wrong   however  lookin 4 ward to a binge 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Wayne , u tube prem jan 2019 dont know if anyones seen this but 4 me  1 st episode up there with the funniest i've ever seen,,  cant see a whole series sustaining  THAT edge

Watched complete season last week.

Great all the way through to the end.

It is marked as a "returning series" on "next episode.net" so it looks like there may be a season 2😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tried to watch what I thought would be a good doco type move called, "Get the ball, Pass the ball" about Barcelona's halcyon days.............but most talking in Spanish, with no subtitles. Anyone seen any or a download which includes them??

12 hours ago, Thai Chi said:

Watched complete season last week.

Great all the way through to the end.

It is marked as a "returning series" on "next episode.net" so it looks like there may be a season 2😁

Yep Its shallow sharp ultra dark ,  quirkly cool...  and just to top that its hillarious..

• Like 2

anyone who loves seeing millennials get shafted will like

Fyre Fraud.....a bernie Madoff type story for the instagram generation.

Its a documentary from Hulu...dot watch the Netflix one it's a bit dry

Baptiste - Really looking forward to this one.

Coming soon.

Inspector Julian Baptiste was great in The Missing.
This is a spin off.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Baptiste - Really looking forward to this one.

Coming soon.

Inspector Julian Baptiste was great in The Missing.
This is a spin off.

I look forward to it too.

Hope you'll let us know when it starts.

• Like 1

3 more nice tv shows from Spud 17,

Schuld, pretty interesting legal drama from Germany (each episode is different so makes a nice change of pace)

Solo (about a cop infiltrating the mafia in Rome)....slightly less gripping than Gomorra

Girl from Nowhere...thai Netflix series about a schoolgirl who's goes around teaching people a lesson.

• Like 2

Alpha - about a boy who becomes a man after being separated from his tribe of people in Europe 10k years ago. Befriends a dog/wolf and learn to survive together. Decent. Itunes.

Very disappointed with fast and furious making a spin off with Hobbs and Shaw. Betrayed.