Jump to content
BANGKOK 25 April 2019 04:47
CharlieH

What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

Recommended Posts

Watched two good movies over last 2 days.............."Replicas", with Keanau Reeves and although it didn't get a great rating on IMDB I thought it was good, with a twist at the end.

 

Then, "A Private War", about Marie Colvin, the war correspondent who was killed in Syria, who was played superbly by Rosamund Pike.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xylophone said:

"...'A Private War', about Marie Colvin, the war correspondent who was killed in Syria, who was played superbly by Rosamund Pike.

I hope that is revealed early in the film and that you didn't give away the ending - haven't seen the film yet, and knew nothing about Marie Colvin, although now I know she was killed in Syria before I've seen the film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

I hope that is revealed early in the film and that you didn't give away the ending - haven't seen the film yet, and knew nothing about Marie Colvin, although now I know she was killed in Syria before I've seen the film.

Ah yes............Her story is well known and a book has just had its review and a doco made about her, and there have been numerous newspaper articles, so thought most knew, but sorry if you didn't. Having said that there is a narrative at the beginning of the film, which is a bit of a giveaway in this respect.

 

I watched the film about Winston Churchill and thoroughly enjoyed it even though I knew he was dead, so don't let that stop you watching this movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been search high, low, wide for whatever is a=available ? to view the new Srat Trek Discovery TV series...

 

well I've finally stumbled on to imkantv, from out of China! 

 

The site has grabbed the entire 2 seasons to date... 

 

now the base site is of coarse all in Chinese, but translates okay!

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://imkan.tv/&prev=search 

 

the Search for 'ST:Discovery' 

all available episodes, to date:

Edited by tifino
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wayne , u tube prem jan 2019 dont know if anyones seen this but 4 me  1 st episode up there with the funniest i've ever seen,,  cant see a whole series sustaining  THAT edge ,  b v hapi 2 b proved wrong   however  lookin 4 ward to a binge 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Wayne , u tube prem jan 2019 dont know if anyones seen this but 4 me  1 st episode up there with the funniest i've ever seen,,  cant see a whole series sustaining  THAT edge

Watched complete season last week.

Great all the way through to the end.

It is marked as a "returning series" on "next episode.net" so it looks like there may be a season 2😁

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to watch what I thought would be a good doco type move called, "Get the ball, Pass the ball" about Barcelona's halcyon days.............but most talking in Spanish, with no subtitles. Anyone seen any or a download which includes them??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Thai Chi said:

Watched complete season last week.

Great all the way through to the end.

It is marked as a "returning series" on "next episode.net" so it looks like there may be a season 2😁

Yep Its shallow sharp ultra dark ,  quirkly cool...  and just to top that its hillarious..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone who loves seeing millennials get shafted will like

Fyre Fraud.....a bernie Madoff type story for the instagram generation.

Its a documentary from Hulu...dot watch the Netflix one it's a bit dry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baptiste - Really looking forward to this one.

Coming soon.

Inspector Julian Baptiste was great in The Missing.
This is a spin off.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Baptiste - Really looking forward to this one.

Coming soon.

Inspector Julian Baptiste was great in The Missing.
This is a spin off.

 

 

I look forward to it too.

Hope you'll let us know when it starts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 more nice tv shows from Spud 17,

 

Schuld, pretty interesting legal drama from Germany (each episode is different so makes a nice change of pace)

 

Solo (about a cop infiltrating the mafia in Rome)....slightly less gripping than Gomorra

 

Girl from Nowhere...thai Netflix series about a schoolgirl who's goes around teaching people a lesson.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alpha - about a boy who becomes a man after being separated from his tribe of people in Europe 10k years ago. Befriends a dog/wolf and learn to survive together. Decent. Itunes.

 

Very disappointed with fast and furious making a spin off with Hobbs and Shaw. Betrayed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...