Jump to content

What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)


Recommended Posts

Documentary - The Death of Aimee Spencer

 

Thought this was pretty good.

Suumary: In 2016, the Geordie Shore extra and webcam model Aimee Spencer was found lying mortally injured having fallen from a flat window in Brighton. In the flat was one Daniel Lewis, intoxicated on class A drugs. What happened? Cameras follow the case from the initial arrival of police to Lewis’s arrest. Footage ranges from the heartbreaking to the worryingly intrusive, but the programme evidently has the blessing of Aimee’s family.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might be a fraction over my fighting weight.    

Slightly off topic but any chance of you changing your Avatar? That's half an hour of my life gone.

Watched, "Danger Close" about Australian and New Zealand soldiers face overwhelming odds as they fight for their lives during the Battle of Long Tan in Vietnam.   As it happens a friend of m

Posted Images

2 hours ago, faraday said:

Going way back in time aren't we.....:smile:

 

I never cared for Minelli though.

 

 

4b43c366-483b-4fcc-8655-1a5ce9ca62de.jpg

 

Even if you don't like his musicals, some of the melodramas are excellent, such as:

 

MV5BZjZjYTIxYjgtMzA5Ny00ODBhLTgyMDItMTFk

 

and

 

MV5BMDYwMDQ2MjUtMDE0Yy00YmU3LWIwN2QtOTU1

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched Secret City. Drama involving dodgy dealings between certain Australian intelligence agencies and the Chinese. Not bad and quite a good story but I've watched a couple of these now and the story always seems to unfold in quite a flat and lifeless way, more like they're making a soap. Seems to lack the "gotta watch the next episode" impact that some manage to achieve.

Also watching The Durrells. Very pleasant light hearted comedy in the style of Darling Buds of May. Story follows a widow who in 1935 carts her 4, at times troublesome, kids off in search of a better life in Corfu.


Posted using Tapatalk

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Will27 said:

Documentary - The Death of Aimee Spencer

 

Thought this was pretty good.

Suumary: In 2016, the Geordie Shore extra and webcam model Aimee Spencer was found lying mortally injured having fallen from a flat window in Brighton. In the flat was one Daniel Lewis, intoxicated on class A drugs. What happened? Cameras follow the case from the initial arrival of police to Lewis’s arrest. Footage ranges from the heartbreaking to the worryingly intrusive, but the programme evidently has the blessing of Aimee’s family.

Thanks for posting - you do post info on some interesting documentaries, cheers.

Found it on tpb.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Looking for assistance on how to find & add English subtitles for foreign movies that I’ve downloaded. Sorry if it’s been asked before. Thanks in advance for any help.

https://subscene.com/

Set filter to English

You will see many subtitles - try to match the download copy you have with subtitles with the same name i.e. A.Private.War.2018.720p.BluRay.x264.-(YTS.AM)

This ensures the subs and movie are synced - dialogue comes at the same time the actors lips moved.

Altho subs without the same name can also be OK.

VLC player lets you speed up or slow down the subs to sync

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark Son: The Hunt for a Serial Killer
 
I didn't mind this one.
 
Summary: Did a Welsh child murderer go on to become Jack the Stripper - the man behind the biggest case of unsolved serial murders in UK criminal history? Prof. David Wilson investigates.
 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06x6cxl


I thought “Jack the Stripper” was from Boyztown...
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

https://subscene.com/

Set filter to English

You will see many subtitles - try to match the download copy you have with subtitles with the same name i.e. A.Private.War.2018.720p.BluRay.x264.-(YTS.AM)

This ensures the subs and movie are synced - dialogue comes at the same time the actors lips moved.

Altho subs without the same name can also be OK.

VLC player lets you speed up or slow down the subs to sync

One of the reasons i got Netflix, I don't need the subs but the GF does and I know how to download and fiddle around with it. However the GF does not and I got bored finding subs and worried about her doing it and getting a virus (you never know with unskilled computer people). Now with Netflix no longer a problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
One of the reasons i got Netflix, I don't need the subs but the GF does and I know how to download and fiddle around with it. However the GF does not and I got bored finding subs and worried about her doing it and getting a virus (you never know with unskilled computer people). Now with Netflix no longer a problem.


Yeah, Netflix is great. It is amazing how much stuff has Thai subs...
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mogandave said:

 


Yeah, Netflix is great. It is amazing how much stuff has Thai subs...

 

Yes or English subs, gf prefers English subs to assist with her English. Anyway I am just a lazy SOB and did not want to go trawling through websites to find a sub that matches and at the same speed. Its not that much work but doing it a lot gets boring.

 

I still have torrents and newsgroups for series / movies not on netflix but she will just have to do with netflix alone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • CharlieH locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...