What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/29/2019 at 4:15 AM, faraday said:

Thought ep5 was really good, & Steven Graham, as always, fantastic...

The episode with Graham was driving me crazy, as I kept trying to figure out the actor's name and what I'd seen him in before.

Didn't get it until I saw the end credits.

The first time I was aware of him was probably his role of a lifetime which launched his career - "This Is England". Great film, and he's brilliant.

MV5BNjk4YzcyMzEtNGQwMC00YTczLTgwMzItMWNl

MV5BYTM1MjkwY2QtNzFlZS00MmY3LTk5MDgtODQ2

Subscene is down and has been for a few weeks for some areas according to posts I see:

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/subscene.com.html

The home page is available but clicking on a sub goes to:

"Temporary unavailable

This section is temporarily unavailable.

It will be back again.

Have a good day,
Subscene Team."

Opensubtitles also but they say they're working on the site.

14 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Subscene is down and has been for a few weeks for some areas according to posts I see:

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/subscene.com.html

The home page is available but clicking on a sub goes to:

"Temporary unavailable

This section is temporarily unavailable.

It will be back again.

Have a good day,
Subscene Team."

Opensubtitles also but they say they're working on the site.

Working for me.

14 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Working for me.

Are you able to click on a film title and get taken to the actual page with the individual subs listed for that film and the "Download" button?

After I saw your post I switched to a SEA ip but I got the same notice as I posted.

19 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Are you able to click on a film title and get taken to the actual page with the individual subs listed for that film and the "Download" button?

After I saw your post I switched to a SEA ip but I got the same notice as I posted.

Yes.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Yes.

Thank you.

Strange. The posts in the site I linked to have some people saying it's been inaccessible for 2 days and others saying 2 weeks. And it's still working for you. Hopefully the site is not having serious problems.

5 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Thank you.

Strange. The posts in the site I linked to have some people saying it's been inaccessible for 2 days and others saying 2 weeks. And it's still working for you. Hopefully the site is not having serious problems.

Funny, I've just lost it. I checked when you first posted and it was there to download, but just tried it again and now it say "temporarily unavailable".

On 4/29/2019 at 5:42 PM, JimmyJ said:

More Mads Mikkelson:

I noticed his bio on IMDB starts with:

"Starting out as a low-life pusher/junkie in the 1996 success Pusher (1996), he slowly grew to become one of Denmark's biggest movie actors. The success in his home country includes Flickering Lights (2000), Shake It (2001) and the Emmy-winning police series Unit 1 (2000)."

I've been watching "Unit 1" "Rejseholdet" (original title) 2000 - 2004.

A mobile crime solving police unit.

Mikkelson is 2nd billed but after 9 or 10 episodes his part is not one of the major ones but part of an ensemble cast.

The crime stories hold my interest but are not terribly intricate - what's interesting is the show spends half the time focusing on the private lives of the members of the group, and their stories and inter-relationships make it worthwhile.

MV5BYTRlMTYwZTctOWJlNS00YjQwLWFmZWItMWNj

The cast are all very good. I like the two women especially.

[TPB has the full series w/English subs under "Rejseholdet"].

PS - If anyone chooses to take a look at this, be sure to read Tari1977's post.

All the subs are out of sync, but he gives the exact times to adjust the subtitle sync.

Easy to do in VLC. He gives them in ms, VLC in seconds so of course his time of -2500 is -2.5 seconds on VLC, etc.

Also as he notes a few of the subs (they are all separate files) have to be switched - they are incorrectly numbered.

Undercover

Enjoyed episode 1 of this one.
Am watching on Netflix but I've seen it on Lime Torrents.

Summary: The Belgian Federal Police finds itself on the track of one of the world's largest XTC networks,

which has been under the radar for years.

28 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Can anyone help ,i download to a stick then plug it into the tv ,lately so many times ,NOT SUPPORTED FORMAT  comes up ,any ideas ,?

I get that sometimes with AUDIO codec not supported or VIDEO codec not supported, but they work ok if I play them through my computer into the TV??

Think it is to do with the way/format in which they are copied?

On a completely different subject, last night I felt like I needed cheering up, so I watched the movie, "The Greatest Showman" again and for me anyway, this movie is a delight, with some great dancing and songs, so it did the trick.....and I have copied the soundtrack to play in my car!

The only problem was that there were Korean or Japanese subtitles and I don't know where I can find a copy where this isn't the case – – any ideas?

36 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Can anyone help ,i download to a stick then plug it into the tv ,lately so many times ,NOT SUPPORTED FORMAT  comes up ,any ideas ,?

What video codec was used. Possible that the TV (especially if a bit older) does not support H265 HEVC encoding. If that is the case just find a source with H264 encoding.

23 minutes ago, ThaidDown said:

What video codec was used. Possible that the TV (especially if a bit older) does not support H265 HEVC encoding. If that is the case just find a source with H264 encoding.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but do most/all of the current flatscreen TVs support that format?? Or does one have to seek them out?

My Samsung is about six or seven years old now, so perhaps it doesn't support the Codecs mentioned?

Thanking you in anticipation.

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

I hope you don't mind me asking, but do most/all of the current flatscreen TVs support that format?? Or does one have to seek them out?

My Samsung is about six or seven years old now, so perhaps it doesn't support the Codecs mentioned?

Mine won't play HEVC.

55 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Mine won't play HEVC.

So what tv is it and how old is it?

56 minutes ago, giddyup said:

??

4 hours ago, xylophone said:

On a completely different subject, last night I felt like I needed cheering up, so I watched the movie, "The Greatest Showman" again and for me anyway, this movie is a delight, with some great dancing and songs, so it did the trick.....and I have copied the soundtrack to play in my car!

The only problem was that there were Korean or Japanese subtitles and I don't know where I can find a copy where this isn't the case – – any ideas?

Plenty on PB, here

7 hours ago, Will27 said:

Undercover

Enjoyed episode 1 of this one.
Am watching on Netflix but I've seen it on Lime Torrents.

Summary: The Belgian Federal Police finds itself on the track of one of the world's largest XTC networks,

which has been under the radar for years.

Will, can you pm a link on Lime please?

All I can find it UK TV series from last year.

Thanks

17 hours ago, xylophone said:

Would expect all new models especially 4K ones to play H265.

BUT.... before buying check the specs for the exact model from manufactures site before buying.

(some models selling with large discounts in Lotus/BigC or online are sometimes slightly older models, so these should definately be checked before purchase)

13 hours ago, faraday said:

Will, can you pm a link on Lime please?

All I can find it UK TV series from last year.

Thanks

It's now showing on TPB along with the whole series of Gomorrah.

Last episode of Line Of Duty tonight (tomorrow)

I looked at some clips on yt about Steven Graham in "England". I'd forgotten the ending of it...

He really is an outstanding actor, who is able to show grief, inner turmoil & rage so fluidly.

Here's the clip from yt...

Archived