What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

On 2/17/2019 at 10:02 AM, mtls2005 said:

Loving The Umbrella Academy, ten (10) one hours eps, dropped on Netflix Friday.

Awesome characters, actors, action, cinematography, music.

not my cup of tea a bit of a fantasy show. but thanks for the post

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might be a fraction over my fighting weight.    

Slightly off topic but any chance of you changing your Avatar? That's half an hour of my life gone.

Watched, "Danger Close" about Australian and New Zealand soldiers face overwhelming odds as they fight for their lives during the Battle of Long Tan in Vietnam.   As it happens a friend of m

Posted Images

Documentary - A Year of British Murder

A really powerful, moving show.

Summary: Follows 13 murder cases from around the UK, speaking to the families and friends of the victims as they try
to deal with the aftermath of the crime.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1844590/Video-Trailer-new-powerful-documentary-Year-British-Murder.html

Documentary - Free Solo

This one just won the Oscar for best documentary.

Not hard to see why.
Thought it was terrific.

Summary: Follow Alex Honnold as he becomes the first person to ever free solo climb Yosemite's 3,000ft high El Capitan Wall.
With no ropes or safety gear, he completed arguably the greatest feat in rock climbing history.

• Like 1

Who doesn't love a good war film?

T-34 is just that...about a Russian tank commander who hoodwinks his counterpart

in the SS.

Action is blistering and beautifully shot...I have never seen tank shells flying like this.

Its in Russian, the subs on sub scene are adequate.

I just watched the first two episodes of the new DC- series "Doom Patrol" and I must say: that seems like a lot of fun!

A bunch of "looser" super- heroes, lots of jokes, good action!

Seems to be a winner!

• Like 1

Watched "The Favourite" last night and wasn't overly impressed with it, and Queen Anne's supposed lesbian tendencies were given too much free rein by the producer, as without this, the movie wouldn't have worked.

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Watched "The Favourite" last night and wasn't overly impressed with it, and Queen Anne's supposed lesbian tendencies were given too much free rein by the producer, as without this, the movie wouldn't have worked.

Yes, but without the lesbian angle, the picture wouldn't have been nominated for anything.

• Like 2
  • CharlieH locked and unpinned this topic