What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/6/2018 at 8:29 AM, Emster23 said:

I did my first binge watch with "The Good Fight". Smart, great characters, quick pace, surreal at times. Not for Trump backers, however.

There are about 41% of the American people who currently approve of the job he is doing, within the US. Outside of the US, I think his job performance approval rating might be 7%? And the I despise Trump rating is probably about 90%.

Will check out the show. Political satire is fun. 

Three part series.

Summary:  In November 2003, schoolgirl Charlene Downes disappeared from the seaside town of

Blackpool after spending the evening in the town centre and on the pier with friends.

I told myself that I wasn't going to, at least until a proper copy was available, watch John Wick 3. But a bad lapse in concentration and I ended up downloading an HD CAM release. I thought it was a good watch.

If someone happened to be on TPB for instance, they should look for the 1.17GB CAM released by ETRG (John Wick 3 2019 HDCAM x264 AC3-ETRG); not the greatest of quality but the best I have seen to date.

23 hours ago, Will27 said:

A decent doco on the heist.

Sounds interesting, I'm not familiar with the event. (No spoilers please).

So I went to IMDB and see about 5 different Hatton Garden films and TV shows.

There is a  4 part 2019 miniseries, the 2019 doc you link to, "The Hatton Garden Job" (2017) which I've downloaded, and "Hatton Garden Heist - One Last Job" which isn't being seeded.

And another feature which is apparently atrocious so didn't try for it. Maybe a few more.

I don't know the story so I guess I'll watch the feature first and then the doc.

Sounds interesting, I'm not familiar with the event.

So I went to IMDB and see about 5 different Hatton Garden films and TV shows.

There is a  4 part 2019 miniseries, the 2019 doc you link to, "The Hatton Garden Job" (2017) which I've downloaded, and "Hatton Garden Heist - One Last Job" which isn't being seeded.

And another feature which is apparently atrocious so didn't try for it. Maybe a few more.

I don't know the story so I guess I'll watch the feature first and then the doc.

The 4 part miniseries is very good, some good old Brit actors involved.

The doc from Will is a 45 minute documentary seen from the police point of view, very good also with some interesting sound recordings when they bugged suspects cars proving there isn’t always “ honour amongst thieves “ !!

I would recommend both.

For those who like historical dramas (as Mrs BM does), The Spanish Princess is a few episodes in, it's a sequel to The White Queen and The White Princess series.

"The Spanish Princess" returns viewers to the world of Tudor royal court intrigue, continuing the story from the Starz miniseries "The White Queen" and the Starz limited series "The White Princess." It's told uniquely from the perspective of the women, but it also sheds light on the lives of people of color who were living and working in 16th-century London. Teenage Catherine of Aragon, the strong-willed Princess of Spain, is promised in marriage to the English Prince Arthur. When he dies suddenly, the throne seems lost until she sets her sights on the new heir, the charismatic and headstrong Prince Harry.

On 5/28/2019 at 1:46 PM, ivor bigun said:

The covering they put over the reactor was to last for 30 yrs,now that is up and the Russians have a massive problem ahead covering it all again.

The Russians...?? I don't think its in Russia....not their problem

3 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Anything with nudies, explosions, and street fights?

If you want gratuitous violence, try Avengement with Scott Adkins. No nudies or explosions though.

4 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:
Ukraine

Chernobyl, or Chornobyl, is the name of a city situated in northern Ukraine near the border with Belarus.

It was part of the USSR when Chernobyl exploded.

Just now, giddyup said:

It was part of the USSR when Chernobyl exploded.

I am sure they will come back and clear it up for them then...............if they weren't at war with them at the moment.

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Sure you weren't affected by the fallout?

I get the sarcasm bit about your post, however if I recall, radioactive fallout was measured in Wales, up in the Scandinavian countries and also around other parts of Europe, so Bognor Regis is still a possibility!!!!!

I do know that some fell in France and wine from the 1986  vintage was often nicknamed, "the glowing vintage" after the harvest and many people would not buy it because of this. 

I did try some many years later and I'm still here and haven't grown another limb (yet!).

2 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Anything with nudies, explosions, and street fights?

Try 'Warrior'.

From the writings of Bruce Lee. It's set in San Francisco in the 1800's. Lots of Kung <deleted> and hookers. It should keep you happy for hours.

I'm enjoying it.

Wisting has stopped after one episode...ws enjoying it.

O Mecanismo season 2 is out....very cool brazilian thriller loosely based on the Petrobras scandal.

Another spanish series out that looks to be very good...the production is stunning....Alta Mar

Archived