What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

anyone seen animal kingdom s4 e1  ? been lookin 4 ward to its return and cant seem to find it anywhere ,, alink for a stream would make me eternally grateful..

Have downloaded it, but haven't seen it as a stream.

20 minutes ago, CLW said:

Arctic (2018) Survival drama with Mads Mikkelsen. Some local touch because there is also something about Thailand involved.

Arctic https://g.co/kgs/kyLk6F

I started watching that and gave up, apologies for this but I thought it was crap.

However, I've just binged watched the first 4 episodes of the new "Chernobyl" TV series, and found it fascinating. I've always very interested in the Chernobyl disaster, so seeing it from the Russians' point of view is captivating. Highly recommended. Apologies - I see that this has already been mentioned, but there are too many posts to read so would just like to add my +1.

Also enjoyed "The Mule", which stars a very aged Clint Eastwood, not amazing by Hollywood standards but a very enjoyable movie with some very sad moments.

Black Mirror is coming on 5th June - can't wait!

25 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I started watching that and gave up, apologies for this but I thought it was crap.

However, I've just binged watched the first 4 episodes of the new "Chernobyl" TV series, and found it fascinating. I've always very interested in the Chernobyl disaster, so seeing it from the Russians' point of view is captivating. Highly recommended. Apologies - I see that this has already been mentioned, but there are too many posts to read so would just like to add my +1.

Also enjoyed "The Mule", which stars a very aged Clint Eastwood, not amazing by Hollywood standards but a very enjoyable movie with some very sad moments.

Black Mirror is coming on 5th June - can't wait!

Same day as The Handmaid's Tale season 3!!

Perpetual Grace S01E01, with Ben Kingsley and Jackie Weaver. Have to give this first episode a solid 8/10. Can only hope the rest of the series maintains the same high standard. If you liked Fargo the TV series, you'll enjoy this. Available all the usual places.

On 6/1/2019 at 9:23 AM, giddyup said:

Deadwood 2019. At last, a movie from the series! Haven't watched it yet, but uses the same actors, it's gotta be good. Available all the usual place.

It's OK but really gets away from any historical facts:

Charlie Utter went to Panama and opened a chemist shop

Al Swearengan died in Denver with a massive head wound, some say he was murdered

He did not leave the Gem whore House to Trixie

Seth Bullock opened a Hotel

E B Farnham left Deadwood and went to Chicago

Sol Star was elected as Mayor

Calamity Jane was a chronic alcoholic, they got that right  55555555555

2 hours ago, Rimmer said:

It's OK but really gets away from any historical facts:

Charlie Utter went to Panama and opened a chemist shop

Al Swearengan died in Denver with a massive head wound, some say he was murdered

He did not leave the Gem whore House to Trixie

Seth Bullock opened a Hotel

E B Farnham left Deadwood and went to Chicago

Sol Star was elected as Mayor

Calamity Jane was a chronic alcoholic, they got that right  55555555555

Let's face it, there's not much about the Old West that Hollywood gets right. As they say, never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Archived