What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

On 6/4/2019 at 12:35 PM, ddesoran9 said:

Watching Chernobyl right now! Would deff recommend to everyone.

BTW, if someone's here from Europe and struggling with watching Chernobyl on HBO you can look up some tips from here

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/28/2019 at 1:26 AM, chrisinth said:

I told myself that I wasn't going to, at least until a proper copy was available, watch John Wick 3. But a bad lapse in concentration and I ended up downloading an HD CAM release. I thought it was a good watch.

If someone happened to be on TPB for instance, they should look for the 1.17GB CAM released by ETRG (John Wick 3 2019 HDCAM x264 AC3-ETRG); not the greatest of quality but the best I have seen to date.

I also told myself that I wasn't going to watch it until I could find time to go to the cinema, then realized on Wednesday (Public Holiday in SG) that it was probably my last chance to watch it in "Gold Class", so s$84 SGD (approx 3,650 THB) for the 2 of us to watch the biggest load of <deleted> that I have had the misfortune to have to sit through... 

It was just a none-storied series of p1$$-poorly choreographed, laughable (I wish) "Fight" scenes... absolute tosh & I'll be making a point to not pay a single cent to watch JW4 (Which this movie basically was made to build up to) 

Good job I got laid after it or it would have been a total waste of money ???? 

Apologies for a 2nd negative post, but I haven't seen "Good Omen" mentioned & being a T.P. fan, thought it was pretty poor, could have been done in 1/2 the time for 10 times the enjoyment ... 

On a Positive note, I am really enjoying a few "Real Life" type shows (Aussie Gold Hunters has a newish season, Civil war gold is warming up & the lost gold of world war 2 (Philippines) ended on a high) + [as Recommended on here] hooked on Bing Bang Theory, Jane the Virgin & iZombie 

Could do with a really good Elementary style detective series though... any recommendations? 

Back to John Wick... Who did he kill on "Company Grounds" (Might be in JW2 but I can't be bothered to go back watch it as that wasn't great either) & Who is the lady (played by Halle Berry)'s daughter?

Feel like I missed a JW 2.5 or something OR Maybe I watched it & my brain chose to forget it.

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The Queen of the South, thats a good series, season 4 Episode 1, out now

regards Worgeordie

Yes, quite enjoyed it so far, sometimes the episodes seem a bit formulaic, but Teresita more than makes up for it...!

Back to John Wick... Who did he kill on "Company Grounds" (Might be in JW2 but I can't be bothered to go back watch it as that wasn't great either) & Who is the lady (played by Halle Berry)'s daughter?

Feel like I missed a JW 2.5 or something OR Maybe I watched it & my brain chose to forget it.

IIRC he killed the guy whose marker he refused to honour and who then blew up his house. No idea about Halle Berry.

1 hour ago, SooKee said:
13 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

IIRC he killed the guy whose marker he refused to honour and who then blew up his house. No idea about Halle Berry.

I remember he killed the sister (or she killed herself) of the guy who had a marker on him but that's about it...

Seriously... No back story how he had the marker for JW2

No story at all for JW3

Worse than Taken (One of my favourite movies) 2 & 3... 

Any comments on The Virtues....?

The acting was first class, plot nothing special, & I didn't find it 'gripping' at all.

It was good, but not 5*, as all the reviews gave it.

Still, I think many reviews are just 'toadying' - not wanting to give an objective opinion, for fear of not being popular.

Look at how 'The Bodyguard' was lauded: It was not really much cop.

Ok, moan over.

:smile:

6 minutes ago, faraday said:

Any comments on The Virtues....?

The acting was first class, plot nothing special, & I didn't find it 'gripping' at all.

It was good, but not 5*, as all the reviews gave it.

Still, I think many reviews are just 'toadying' - not wanting to give an objective opinion, for fear of not being popular.

Look at how 'The Bodyguard' was lauded: It was not really much cop.

Ok, moan over.

:smile:

Episode 1 was good, episode 2 started to venture into soapie territory, that's when I gave it away.

Confessions of a Serial Killer - Channel 4

Samuel Little is currently back in the news.

Summary: Samuel Little claims to have killed up to 93 women in 40 years.
This chilling documentary examines how such a prolific killer could be on the loose for so long.

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Not too many good ones I haven't seen. Been an avid movie watcher since I was 10 years old, you can see a lot of movies in 67 years.

You're 77 Mr G.....?

I thought you were a young lad.:laugh:

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Not too many good ones I haven't seen. Been an avid movie watcher since I was 10 years old, you can see a lot of movies in 67 years.

I'm really skeptical. Do you watch mainly English language movies?

Just the other day I discovered a new to me amazing director from Spain Amat Escalante who does Mexican stories. 

Have you watched all his films? 

Hmmm?

Seriously I don't believe anyone, even someone that watches five films a day, that says they have watched every or most good movies.  It's absurd!

Heli

Best Director Cannes 2003

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm really skeptical. Do you watch mainly English language movies?

Just the other day I discovered a new to me amazing director from Spain Amat Escalante who does Mexican stories. 

Have you watched all his films? 

Hmmm?

Seriously I don't believe anyone, even someone that watches five films a day, that says they have watched every or most good movies.  It's absurd!

For one thing, not all foreign subtitled films are available as downloads, secondly, I like to watch movies with my Thai partner, and she doesn't read English subtitles as well as I do, and thirdly, I watch what I enjoy, my tastes and my tastes alone.

Archived