What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might be a fraction over my fighting weight.    

Slightly off topic but any chance of you changing your Avatar? That's half an hour of my life gone.

Watched, "Danger Close" about Australian and New Zealand soldiers face overwhelming odds as they fight for their lives during the Battle of Long Tan in Vietnam.   As it happens a friend of m

Posted Images

On 3/9/2019 at 4:24 PM, Will27 said:

Tv series - After Life

Really enjoyed this new one by Ricky Gervais.
Six episodes, about 30 minutes each.

Summary: After Tony's wife dies unexpectedly, his nice-guy persona is altered into an impulsive, devil-may-care attitude taking his old world by storm.

Also thank you Will as I watched the whole series last night and thought it was excellent.

It was a bit near the mark in some respects with regards to the swearing, but it also dealt with some pretty serious issues in a dark humour sort of way, for example Alzheimer's, death, prostitution (sorry, sex worker), drug addiction, bullying and so on and all of them were handled with a mixture of dark humour and compassion in a strange sort of way.

A friend has recommended I look out for a previous series of his called "Extras", so I will do just that.

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Just finished watching an excellent action movie  "Triple frontier", Ben Affleck, Charlie Hunley,

some ex service men plan to rob and kill a South American drug lord,good story,good action.

regards worgeordie

Agreed, certainly by far the best of the recent poor offerings.

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Just finished watching an excellent action movie  "Triple frontier", Ben Affleck, Charlie Hunley,

some ex service men plan to rob and kill a South American drug lord,good story,good action.

regards worgeordie

Thanks, I'll give it a gander, been ploughing through - but thoroughly enjoyed, Burning. I'll try & say more about it in a bit, after the coffee has kicked in.

😀

• Like 1
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:52 AM, recom273 said:

New series of “24 hours in police custody” - I love the look on their faces once they have been caught.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks for that.

I enjoy this series.

On 3/15/2019 at 9:52 AM, recom273 said:

New series of “24 hours in police custody” - I love the look on their faces once they have been caught.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

It annoys the hell out of me to see smug 15 year olds walk free on a rape charge though. Can't tell me that cock and bull story he came back with wasn't drummed up by his low life lawyer. They really are bottom feeders.

• CharlieH locked and unpinned this topic