What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/14/2019 at 1:51 PM, giddyup said:

Don't say that. When I said exactly the same thing I was jumped on and told there were hundreds of good movies out there, I just hadn't seen them yet. The fact that some are 60 years old and probably not even available to watch anymore is irrelevant.

I thought you got questioned about your statement, "Not too many good ones I haven't seen. Been an avid movie watcher since I was 10 years old, you can see a lot of movies in 67 years."

Speaking of good movies have you seen Scoreses, "Rolling Thunder Review?" Good tunes.  

Firstly... why doesn't this (& a couple of the other larger threads) appear in the "Content I've Posted in" Stream so I can follow it, always have to remember to search for the latest news... 

Secondly, why didn't anybody tell me (you have PM guys!!!) that Elementary (S7) was back... One of my favourite TV series of all times has been back for almost 1 month (I really thought the ending on S6 was intended to kill the series off so haven't been looking out for it)!

Bright side is I have 4 episodes to binge watch (can't see me making it out tonight)

"City on a Hill", presumably a reference to Charlestown (The Town), where the Bunker Hill monument stands, looks interesting, esp, given Ben Affleck and Matt Damon's involvement (exec producers). For the longest time (1970's, 80's and 90's) treading into the Town was risky unless you knew someone.

I loved ep. 1 of "Jett", awesome dialog, very Tarrantino-esque.

Also liked "Wild Bill", although I imagine our "cousins" might not like it, or the two "rounders' games we're about to foist on them later this month?

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:17 PM, CatCage said:

Have been trying to find these:

London Kills and C.B.Strike  

Anybody?

C.B Strike is on most of the main sites like TPB.

London Kills will be broadcast on the BBC next week and should

be available around the 25th.

40 minutes ago, Will27 said:
On 6/13/2019 at 12:17 PM, CatCage said:

Have been trying to find these:

London Kills and C.B.Strike  

Anybody?

C.B Strike is on most of the main sites like TPB.

London Kills will be broadcast on the BBC next week and should

be available around the 25th.

Interesting about London Kills. Is the the first series next week?

I seem to remember it being recommended a couple of months ago on here. At the time the only torrents I could find were dubbed in Russian.

23 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Interesting about London Kills. Is the the first series next week?

I seem to remember it being recommended a couple of months ago on here. At the time the only torrents I could find were dubbed in Russian.

I think they've only made 1 series so far.

Picked up by the Beeb for broadcast next week.

On 6/11/2019 at 5:28 PM, marcusarelus said:

If that was true then winning an Academy Award would have no bearing on the amount of money a movie makes.  Or how much money the actor gets for his next movie.  

Keanu Reeves, tom cruise, Bruce Willis.... no academies for them, but at the very top of actor earning lists and demand, refutes that statement

but never mind that. If y’all haven’t seen Tim Roth in “tin star”, give it a go.

C.B Strike is just called Strike on Cinemax (U.S.), so some sites may list it as such. You can also look for the expanded titles:

The Cuckoos Calling S01

The Silkworm S02

Career of Evil S03

The books are pretty good, by J.K. Rowling under the pen name Robert Galbraith.

Lethal White will be adapted.

Documentary - Brothers in Blood: The Lions of Sabi Sand

A brutal but magnificent documentary.

Summary: This is a powerful documentary, filmed over a 16 year span, about the rise of a Coalition of six lions, branded
The Mapogo Lions, and their takeover of the largest territory by a pride.

5 hours ago, newatthis said:

Season 1 was tops but Season 2 was a poor man's Fargo.

A perpetually drunk sheriff who can't be bothered turning up at crime scenes, who could hold down a job like that without getting fired on his first day? Too fantastical for my tastes.

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Good news, season 3 of this excellent show is coming next month.

One of the downloaders of previous seasons wrote:

"Release Source : La.casa.de.papel.A.K.A.Money.Heist.SEASON.01...

Release Note : There are two versions of this show online.
one is this one with 15 episodes. the other one is a re-edited shorter version with 13 episodes. The re-edited version has a shorter episode length either for example E01 of the one we did is ~80minutes while the re-edited is only 48minutes.

But, we couldn’t find any Eng subs for it. So, this is pure Spanish both audio and subs."
Hope you enjoy."

Did you find copies in Spanish with English subs?

It seems that there are copies dubbed in English, or else Spanish with no English subs.

1 hour ago, JimmyJ said:

One of the downloaders of previous seasons wrote:

"Release Source : La.casa.de.papel.A.K.A.Money.Heist.SEASON.01...

Release Note : There are two versions of this show online.
one is this one with 15 episodes. the other one is a re-edited shorter version with 13 episodes. The re-edited version has a shorter episode length either for example E01 of the one we did is ~80minutes while the re-edited is only 48minutes.

But, we couldn’t find any Eng subs for it. So, this is pure Spanish both audio and subs."
Hope you enjoy."

Did you find copies in Spanish with English subs?

It seems that there are copies dubbed in English, or else Spanish with no English subs.

Yep, found copies in Spanish with hardcoded subs.

Uploaded by sno.

I'm still watching Harrow Season 2, as it becomes available weekly. It really is a great Aussie drama about a pathologist. Plenty of humour in it too.

Every time he answers his phone, I just can't stop laughing. Answering with his name, makes him sound like someone Chinese with bad Engrish.

Year's & Years.

Discovered this yesterday, reading The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jun/18/years-and-years-2019-terrifying-tv-show-russell-t-davies

I was more than pleasantly surprised when I watched Ep 1; it's got a 'Black Mirror' feel to it - the latter S5, was horrible!

Years, has got a good cast with Emma Thompson as an outspoken Northerner & Roy Kinnear also.

Gets going around the 14 minute mark, but when it does....!

I'm not sure if I saw it on here originally, but an interesting documentary series on at the moment is War On Plastic with Hugh and Anita.

Showing the amount of plastic being consumed in the UK, and trying to find out why manufacturers are reluctant to talk about it.

It's on BBC, I think 8 episodes, just screened E02 on Monday. On tpb.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

I'm not sure if I saw it on here originally, but an interesting documentary series on at the moment is War On Plastic with Hugh and Anita.

Showing the amount of plastic being consumed in the UK, and trying to find out why manufacturers are reluctant to talk about it.

It's on BBC, I think 8 episodes, just screened E02 on Monday. On tpb.

Update: Having just watched E02, I see the series is not 8 episodes, but 3.

Check out this really nice German film set in the WW2 era.

Not historical....but a lovely work of fiction. 

My Best Enemy

Hard to find on torrents as not many seeders, I streamed it via 

kodi and it had hardcoded subs.

Deadwood: The Movie was released on HBO 31 May 2019, a 90 minutes wrap-up of the series set about 10 years after the last episode, 1889, including almost ( two have died since series filmed) all the original cast

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCnHvWwESCkmlb5yk1eK2

8 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

As i get older i find i can rewatch old series ,(happens to us all) anyway watching Deadwood the series at the moment,i had forgoton how really good it was,and lots of nudity oh and crudity.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I watched the movie last week and I thoroughly enjoyed it. A really excellent ending to a really excellent series. 10/10  

Year's & Years.

Discovered this yesterday, reading The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jun/18/years-and-years-2019-terrifying-tv-show-russell-t-davies

I was more than pleasantly surprised when I watched Ep 1; it's got a 'Black Mirror' feel to it - the latter S5, was horrible!

Years, has got a good cast with Emma Thompson as an outspoken Northerner & Roy Kinnear also.

Gets going around the 14 minute mark, but when it does....! [emoji736]
Downloaded and started watching it,its frightening the way the west is going now ,dread to think what it will be like in 30 years time,just glad i wont be here. Mind you you can tell its the BBC,men married to men ,black woman white husband ,wheelchair bound woman with chinese baby ,and thats the way it is now in the series oh and a luvvie welcoming immigrants .[emoji16] a gay luvvie that is.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived