What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

Rob Lowe series Wild Bill - only 2 episodes out.  Very difficult to understand some of the characters for me, but worth a watch.   Bizarre premise of an American heading up a small police force in Lincolnshire.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Death Row: Countdown to Execution

Decent 2 part series.

Summary: Susanna Reid goes to Huntsville in Texas, home of the most active death chamber in the USA, to come face-to-face with death row inmates, who are confronting the imminent prospect of being put to death as their execution dates get closer.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9239131/susanna-reid-death-row-countdown-execution-trailer-itv/

Downloaded and started watching it,its frightening the way the west is going now ,dread to think what it will be like in 30 years time,just glad i wont be here. Mind you you can tell its the BBC,men married to men ,black woman white husband ,wheelchair bound woman with chinese baby ,and thats the way it is now in the series oh and a luvvie welcoming immigrants .[emoji16] a gay luvvie that is.

And all these in one family.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just finished watching,i dont think the way things are going we will have the "happy" ending with the refugees breaking out and being accepted,etc etc , mind you as the show goes on the wheelchair lady with two illegitamet kids gets a middle eastern husband her young boy transitions into a girl the eco warrior sister becomes a lesbian ,so all in all a great BBC left wing production.

17 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Just finished watching,i dont think the way things are going we will have the "happy" ending with the refugees breaking out and being accepted,etc etc , mind you as the show goes on the wheelchair lady with two illegitamet kids gets a middle eastern husband her young boy transitions into a girl the eco warrior sister becomes a lesbian ,so all in all a great BBC left wing production.

Quite agree Ivor, & did you notice that the bad guys were white heterosexual males....?

Enjoyed it immensely though.

Some good techs coming too, it seems.

21 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

You might find this snippet from a few years ago interesting.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-12756778/how-english-is-this-midsomer-murders-village

You might find this snippet from a few years ago interesting.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-12756778/how-english-is-this-midsomer-murders-village

Funny you should put this in ,but i have virtually given up on the latest series of Midsomer Murders,one because they are just not as well written as before,but sick of foisting "diversity" on us by having so many black,Asian and mixed marriages in villages where they are very unlikely to be .in the UK both my brother and sister live in country villages,i have never seen anyone but locals living in them .

Dead North

Quite a good 4 part series.

Summary: In the cold, isolated world of Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Police Chief Laura Frizzo launches an investigation
into the disappearance of Chris Regan, never expecting to come face to face with a possible serial killer.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:13 AM, bluesofa said:

Interesting about London Kills. Is the the first series next week?

I seem to remember it being recommended a couple of months ago on here. At the time the only torrents I could find were dubbed in Russian.

Episode 1 available at TPB.

Good news, season 3 of this excellent show is coming next month.

I watched the very first episode. And I read the description of the following episodes, is it all just happening inside the mint building? Isn't it boring?

By accident looking for something else, I discovered Counterpart & it's bloody good. Binged on the 10 episodes of Season 1, & because it was released last year, Season 2 is out. ????

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/counterpart/s01

Anyone seen it - let me know what you think?

I found the plot very intriguing, & the characters - although no really big names, excellent.

Stephen Rea plays a deliciously evil double agent & Nazani Boniadi (never heard of her) made me salivate!

By accident looking for something else, I discovered Counterpart & it's bloody good. Binged on the 10 episodes of Season 1, & because it was released last year, Season 2 is out. [emoji122]

I found the plot very intriguing, & the characters - although no really big names, excellent.

Stephen Rea plays a deliciously evil double agent & Nazani Boniadi (never heard of her) made me salivate!

Yup, I binge watched season 1 also, excellent IMO, have got season 2 ready but got waylaid with Sneaky Pete which is also excellent IMO .

Alita: Battle Angel. Incredible special effects and a decent storyline. It has to be the most outstanding visually of anything I've ever watched on my old Panasonic. My partner loved it. Available in 1080 format in the usual places.

6 hours ago, faraday said:

By accident looking for something else, I discovered Counterpart & it's bloody good. Binged on the 10 episodes of Season 1, & because it was released last year, Season 2 is out. ????

Gave up during the 1st episode. Thought it was silly.

Some new stuff that didnt bore me to death

Little....nice for some mindless fun.

White Crow....very well made film about Rudolf Nureyevs defection. Directed by Ralph fiennes.

Two new series that just broke.

The Rook....not bad

The Loudest Voice....a heavily made up Russell Crowe plays Roger Ailes, the sleazy but clever scumbag

who started Fox News. Expect lots of awards

Documentary - A Dog Named Gucci

Hard going at times but a well made show.

Summary: A feature-length documentary about a puppy set on fire & the man who rescued him.

Together they changed Alabama's abuse laws.

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:43 PM, JHolmesJr said:

Some new stuff that didnt bore me to death

Little....nice for some mindless fun.

White Crow....very well made film about Rudolf Nureyevs defection. Directed by Ralph fiennes.

Two new series that just broke.

The Rook....not bad

The Loudest Voice....a heavily made up Russell Crowe plays Roger Ailes, the sleazy but clever scumbag

who started Fox News. Expect lots of awards

Apart from the dreadful attempts at Aussies accents, I enjoyed episode 1.

Ramzy Youssef is a new muslim American voice in stand up.

Check out his Hulu series Rami. 

And new hourlong special 'Feelings'...I like how he manages to

be anti trump but in a dignified, funny, non deranged sort of way.

48 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Queen of the South, Series 2, Episode 4.....anyone found

an English version, all the ones I have found have been

in Spanish,without any subtitles, thanks.

regards Worgeordie

PM sent.

Archived