What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

20 hours ago, Will27 said:

Documentary - A Dog Named Gucci

Hard going at times but a well made show.

Summary: A feature-length documentary about a puppy set on fire & the man who rescued him.

Together they changed Alabama's abuse laws.

Available where?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canny Cops

I didn't mind episode one.

Summary: The Durham constabulary and the former north-east pit villages they are tasked with policing are the subject of this new documentary series. It’s a cop doc done BBC Three style: blunt, bracing and blackly comic, tackling themes of social deprivation and the breakdown of local community.

Loin de chez Nous (Far From Home)

Enjoying this one.
Ten episodes available with English subs on TPB.
Only 25 minutes per episode.

Summary: December 2012. After ten years of war, the French troops are preparing to leave Afghanistan.
The soldiers are happy to return home with the exception of a small group, the Black Cats,

who have something to finish off before leaving.

Loin de chez Nous (Far From Home)

Enjoying this one.
Ten episodes available with English subs on TPB.
Only 25 minutes per episode.

Summary: December 2012. After ten years of war, the French troops are preparing to leave Afghanistan.
The soldiers are happy to return home with the exception of a small group, the Black Cats,
who have something to finish off before leaving.

Trailer from Netflix but not available here?

20 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Just downloaded and watched a mini series " the missing postman" with Alison steadman and James Bolam about a postman being made redundant ,so goes on the "run" to deliver post all over the UK ,funny and lighthearted well worth watching a little jem.

Is it on tpb or somewhere else?

I Love You, Now Die: The Commonwealth Vs. Michelle Carter

Really enjoyed this 2 part doco from HBO.

Summary:  Teen Michelle Carter's actions shocked a nation - but what really happened behind closed doors?
This HBO special showcases the prosecution's point of view and alternately the defense's.

Which side do you fall on?

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:
4 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Just downloaded and watched a mini series " the missing postman" with Alison steadman and James Bolam about a postman being made redundant ,so goes on the "run" to deliver post all over the UK ,funny and lighthearted well worth watching a little jem.

Is it on tpb or somewhere else?

Just found it on youtube in two parts.

On 7/11/2019 at 12:06 PM, ivor bigun said:

I've now watched both the episodes on youtube. I thought it was superb. started off a little slowly, but picked up as it went on. 'A little gem' was a good description of it.

Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure, but I loved it.

I tried to sit all the way through John Wick 3, but just couldn't manage it as it was absolute garbage.

The writer must have run out of ideas for this one and not only was the story-line preposterous, all of the action was about shooting many, many people in the head or ending up in the desert for some strange reason.

I sincerely hope no one gets conned into watching a follow-up to this, if indeed there is one.

Don't waste your time

I tried to sit all the way through John Wick 3, but just couldn't manage it as it was absolute garbage.

The writer must have run out of ideas for this one and not only was the story-line preposterous, all of the action was about shooting many, many people in the head or ending up in the desert for some strange reason.

I sincerely hope no one gets conned into watching a follow-up to this, if indeed there is one.

Don't waste your time

I haven’t seen number 3 , number 2 seemed to be pushing it IMO !!

Anyway, someone must like the franchise .

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/john-wick-4-summer-2021-lionsgate-1203221620/

Following on from The Missing Postman, which I really enjoyed. I've just started watching Mrs Caldicot's Cabbage War. Great acting by Pauline Collins, John Alderton and many others. Definitely worth a watch. Full movie is on You Tube.

13 hours ago, jaiyenyen said:

Following on from The Missing Postman, which I really enjoyed. I've just started watching Mrs Caldicot's Cabbage War. Great acting by Pauline Collins, John Alderton and many others. Definitely worth a watch. Full movie is on You Tube.

Yup, I'm another one agreeing with that. Although I enjoyed Mrs Caldicot's Cabbage War, I thought The Missing Postman definitely had the edge.

It anyone knows of any films/mini-series in a similar vein, please spill the beans!

18 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Yup, I'm another one agreeing with that. Although I enjoyed Mrs Caldicot's Cabbage War, I thought The Missing Postman definitely had the edge.

It anyone knows of any films/mini-series in a similar vein, please spill the beans!

Where did you guys find "The Missing Postman"?

Just tried about 5 sites.

Also, is "Mrs. Caldicot's..." available for torrent (non-Youtube)?

3 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Another "feel good" movie Fishermans.Friends

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1648186/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Ten fisherman from Cornwall are signed by Universal Records and achieve a top ten hit with their debut album of Sea Shanties.

????

Thanks for posting. As you say, a 'feelgood movie'.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Good wholesome entertainment. I must be getting old.

Here's another one. 'East of Ipswich' by Michael Palin.
Again, on You Tube.
It definitely has the feel good factor.
So glad i posted about the missing postman,because you have all started to find some little jems,i remember east of ipswich,just downloaded it to watch again ,i must be getting old as well,i love these feel good movies ,so does the wife, also watching gavin and stacy,i took the misses and our son to "Barry" where it was filmed a couple of times when we lived in the Uk

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

So glad i posted about the missing postman,because you have all started to find some little jems,i remember east of ipswich,just downloaded it to watch again ,i must be getting old as well,i love these feel good movies ,so does the wife, also watching gavin and stacy,i took the misses and our son to "Barry" where it was filmed a couple of times when we lived in the Uk

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

All the cast of Gavin and Stacey are currently in Barry filming for what looks like a Christmas special .

In pictures: Gavin and Stacey film in Barry for Christmas special https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48980321

Archived