What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

On 7/14/2019 at 7:21 PM, Beachcomber said:

Another "feel good" movie Fishermans.Friends

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1648186/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Ten fisherman from Cornwall are signed by Universal Records and achieve a top ten hit with their debut album of Sea Shanties.

????

If you watched the film and enjoyed it there's an ITV documentary about the real life guys in the village and their singing career. zoogle 'ITV Fisherman's Friends'

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Anyone ever watch Game of Thrones? I haven't..

Rather watch The Godfather again and again..ha

Godfather one of the greatest movies - series of movies of all time for sure.

Game of Thrones is more of a fantasy like JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy - 

Like the Vikings series from History channel Canada.

Definitely a different genre than the Godfather movies

Watching Riviera, season 2 started recently.  After newlywed Georgina's billionaire husband Constantine is killed in a yacht explosion, she is shocked to discover the fortune and lifestyle he maintained was surrounded by violence, lies, secrets and murder

First season was worth a watch, season 2 not as good so far.

Godfather one of the greatest movies - series of movies of all time for sure.
Game of Thrones is more of a fantasy like JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy - 
Like the Vikings series from History channel Canada.
Definitely a different genre than the Godfather movies
How is Vikings? (on Netflix. I assume it's the same series)

Our Cops in the North

Enjoyed episode 1 of this new 6 part series by the Beeb.

Summary: Six-part series gives camera crews in-depth access to all aspects of Force and follows the men and women tasked
with investigating a wide range of crimes across Northumbria, from murder to motorbike theft and poaching to pub fights.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07h2qtq

7 hours ago, Will27 said:

Our Cops in the North

Enjoyed episode 1 of this new 6 part series by the Beeb.

Summary: Six-part series gives camera crews in-depth access to all aspects of Force and follows the men and women tasked
with investigating a wide range of crimes across Northumbria, from murder to motorbike theft and poaching to pub fights.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07h2qtq

Thanks for posting. Very interesting.

I d/l E01 on torrent, but I got the impression from looking the the BBC page there are three episodes, not six?

If there are six, are they all on successive Wednesdays?

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Thanks for posting. Very interesting.

I d/l E01 on torrent, but I got the impression from looking the the BBC page there are three episodes, not six?

If there are six, are they all on successive Wednesdays?

A few reviews said 6 episodes but you're right, the Beeb says 3.

Looks like weekly episodes.

So as an American Anglophile I've loved the BBC political show 'This Week' 

Rather sad to watch the final show yesterday with Andrew Neil, it always combined politics and humor in a rather unique way

It will for sure,  leave a hole in my weekly viewing schedule

On 7/19/2019 at 9:06 PM, ivor bigun said:

Just downloaded Wild Bill about an American cop who moves to Boston in England,not America,to be honest wasnt expecting much but took a chance. Glad i did really enjoyed the 1st episode.
Give it a go.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Quite enjoyed that series. I hope there is a season 2. The actress playing Wild Bill's daughter does an excellent job.

Right now I'm struggling through "The Enemy Within." (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8390342/ )

It seems like a poor man's "The Blacklist" with Jennifer Carpenter carrying the show. The other characters appear very wooden and the storylines..........well?

4 minutes ago, newatthis said:
On 7/19/2019 at 9:06 PM, ivor bigun said:

Just downloaded Wild Bill about an American cop who moves to Boston in England,not America,to be honest wasnt expecting much but took a chance. Glad i did really enjoyed the 1st episode.
Give it a go.

Quite enjoyed that series. I hope there is a season 2. The actress playing Wild Bill's daughter does an excellent job.{snipped}

I too finished watching Wild Bill series 1 last night.  I thought it was very good too.

I had a look earlier, but so far can't see any mention of series 2.

Bought a new Sony 49" TV and sound bar and had to try it out as not yet fully au fait with it (a manual missing).

So watched "The Greatest Showman" yet again...........couldn't help myself, such an uplifting movie with great songs and fabulous choreography, and Zendaya!!!!!!

Now here's one for the experts out there; I download a few movies and none of them actually fill the screen so what do I look for to get the full screen ones when looking for a download??

Birds of Passage....excellent Colombian film about a tribal family consumed

by the marijuana business. This isn't some Pablo Escobar level crime potboiler.

It's far more nuanced and intelligent. Highly recommended and authentic cinema.

Bought a new Sony 49" TV and sound bar and had to try it out as not yet fully au fait with it (a manual missing).

So watched "The Greatest Showman" yet again...........couldn't help myself, such an uplifting movie with great songs and fabulous choreography, and Zendaya!!!!!!

Now here's one for the experts out there; I download a few movies and none of them actually fill the screen so what do I look for to get the full screen ones when looking for a download??

Perhaps the high-def screen ratio

I'd like to recommend "Talking Heads" by Alan Bennett. It's a series of monologues played by some outstanding actors.

I'm sure it's available for download, but they are all available on You Tube. Just search Talking Heads Alan Bennett.

I watched them all, years ago but it's been a treat to watch them again.

Archived