What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

45 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Have you or anyone else found it with professional subtitles?

The one I downloaded used Google Translate or worse, it unbear be is understan hard yes.

Haven't watched the one I downloaded from PB, but a quick glance tells me the subs are pretty amateurish.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

El Club.......!

The link I sent to Giddyup, although it has good subtitles, & is 1080, has some issue with screen brightness, which makes it difficult to watch.

It does appear to be a good movie, but I can't find a copy that has sufficient 'seeders'.

There are several subs available though.

4 hours ago, faraday said:

El Club.......!

The link I sent to Giddyup, although it has good subtitles, & is 1080, has some issue with screen brightness, which makes it difficult to watch.

It does appear to be a good movie, but I can't find a copy that has sufficient 'seeders'.

There are several subs available though.

I found the subs for that movie almost unintelligible. As someone said, it was almost like a Google translation.

On 7/28/2019 at 10:00 AM, giddyup said:

Did he or didn't he? I'm inclined to think he got away with murder.

Who Killed Garrett Phillips.............excellent doco.

IMO it wasn't possible from this documentary to draw any particular conclusion apart from the fact that there was no real evidence against Nick Hillary (the coach) – – no DNA in the first two forensic tries (then a minute sampling in another one which was deemed unfit); no trace of fibres from him in the boys room, no fingerprints from him and nothing to point to him as being the murderer.

However the original interview with the police was so amateurish and bungled as to be laughable and a least they could have done would have been to tell him that he was being investigated as a suspect or a potential person of interest, neither of which they did. It smacked of them already making their mind up that he was the guilty party, and as for taking his phone away.........!

As for them trying to draw "a very long bow" between the coach pulling out of a car park and turning left and supposedly going to the home of the boy, well that would never have stood scrutiny in any court.

A couple of worrying things for me: – when they were going through the time periods early on in the piece the police have record of someone phoning from outside of the boys room saying that they thought something was wrong and that they could hear some movement inside, and this was at/around 5:28 PM.

The assistant soccer coach who was on a telephone call at 5:21 PM testified that Hillary arrived at his front door as he was just on the call and he was very sure of the timing because he had the telephone call he was making logged on his phone.

Some other puzzling things – – either the police did not check Nick Hillary's sneakers, or they did and nothing was found, but the indentation in the mud at the bottom of the window should have left some clue as to what sort of shoe the perp was wearing, or if there was any mud on the sneakers which could have put him in that area. Nothing mentioned about this.

And as for the prosecution case with the woman DA taking it on board and subsequently being reprimanded and stood down for her behaviour in forceful prosecuting, well, the fact that she and her offsider were prepared to bring a witness back from Hawaii to testify that he had seen a black man in the window, when five years earlier when he was questioned along with his girlfriend, both of them testified they saw nothing, and it was on the record as such, leaves me to greatly distrust the prosecution (don''t forget that she had been elected on a promise that she would "solve" this case). 

The decision to have the trial conducted on a judge only basis was a master stroke, because so much was known about the case in the local and even further afield communities that a fair trial would have probably been nearly impossible, and the prosecution was playing the "emotional story", which an experienced judge would see through, whereas a jury could have been swayed.

As he said in his verdict, everything (and it was very little) about the prosecution case was purely circumstantial and nothing had been proven, so Nick Hillary was found not guilty.

Now whether he is/was or not is another matter, because all I'm saying is that the whole case against him was one complete stuff up and this in particular as no other lines of investigation/leads were followed!

And something which stuck in my mind when the thing first started was that it was stated that the boy was not very popular amongst some of his schoolmates, and although it was put forward by somebody that other boys could have been responsible, this was dismissed in favour of focusing on Nick Hillary.

As someone else's said, the case is still open and apparently some new leads are being followed, but I'm not sure that the same person can be tried twice for the same crime, especially as he has been acquitted once already?

28 minutes ago, xylophone said:

And something which stuck in my mind when the thing first started was that it was stated that the boy was not very popular amongst some of his schoolmates, and although it was put forward by somebody that other boys could have been responsible, this was dismissed in favour of focusing on Nick Hillary.

As someone else's said, the case is still open and apparently some new leads are being followed, but I'm not sure that the same person can be tried twice for the same crime, especially as he has been acquitted once already?

You didn't mention the detail about his damaged ankle, that he initially lied about, and then said he did it moving furniture. Whoever committed the murder was extremely lucky that they managed to jump out of the widow without either breaking something or being seen. No, cannot be tried for same crime twice, double jeopardy.

27 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You didn't mention the detail about his damaged ankle, that he initially lied about, and then said he did it moving furniture. Whoever committed the murder was extremely lucky that they managed to jump out of the widow without either breaking something or being seen. No, cannot be tried for same crime twice, double jeopardy.

Yes I thought about that a bit, and looking at the small scrape that he had on his ankle which was on the point of healing, I likened it to my own situation whereby I have done similar when fixing things around the house, and once I've done it, I forget all about it because it's so small it's insignificant.

So I gave him the benefit of the doubt about that.

It would be nice to find the perpetrator and if they are following new leads, maybe there was someone else involved?

On 8/8/2019 at 10:30 PM, JimmyJ said:

Have you or anyone else found it with professional subtitles?

The one I downloaded used Google Translate or worse, it unbear be is understan hard yes.

I am referring to "Parasites" in the above post.

I've found a copy of "The Club" with subs that seem professional, will pm the 2 people who posted about not finding one.

2 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

I am referring to "Parasites" in the above post.

I've found a copy of "The Club" with subs that seem professional, will pm the 2 people who posted about not finding one.

My copy of Parasites had horrendous subs, to the point of being meaningless.

Just now, giddyup said:

My copy of Parasites had horrendous subs, to the point of being meaningless.

Same here.

Somebody ran the dialogue thru Google Translate and that's what one gets.

They tried to be helpful but it's worthless.

Anyone else having problems with Qbittorent slowing down and not responding. Have used it for years with PIA vpn with no problems until recently . Tried without vpn and uninstalling /reinstalling but same problem. On a windows 8.1 PC and also have it on a windows 10 PC where it works just fine

12 minutes ago, GoFaster said:

Anyone else having problems with Qbittorent slowing down and not responding. Have used it for years with PIA vpn with no problems until recently . Tried without vpn and uninstalling /reinstalling but same problem. On a windows 8.1 PC and also have it on a windows 10 PC where it works just fine

Using it on win 10 without any problems.

8 hours ago, GoFaster said:

No problems on W10.

Think I mentioned this one quite a while ago now.

Just noticed it reappeared on RAR.

Summary: Dennis, a painfully shy 38-year-old bodybuilder who lives with his mother, sets off to Thailand in search of love.

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Anyone watched City on a Hill s01e09?

Jackie Rohr's a snake - they'll never take him alive; but I can't help but like him. Brilliant acting by Kevin Bacon, in fact most of the cast are extremely good.

Just didn't have enough to hold me, gave it away after 3 episodes.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Just didn't have enough to hold me, gave it away after 3 episodes.

First couple of episode were hard going but I stuck with it and I think it's fantastic.

Also watching 'Orange is the latest Black'. Very good.

When the menace known as The Joker emerges from his mysterious past, he wreaks havoc and chaos on the people of Gotham. The Dark Knight must accept one of the greatest psychological and physical tests of his ability to fight injustice.

Once in a blue moon, I feel the urge to see a "scary" movie and what better place than the big screen? So based on reading some positive reviews I went to CRAWL, now playing at Thai theaters. Alligators in a hurricane ravaged house in Florida OMG! So boring. I wasn't scared for one second. All the people they mauled, you could see it a mile away. As far as the leads, well, I was rooting for the gators! Happily it was a shorter movie! Spoiler Alert? There is nothing to spoil. Save your money. Don't even download! 

Archived