What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nemises said:

“Barry” Seasons 1 & 2.
About a hitman who accidentally ends up in a Los Angeles acting class whilst planning a hit.

Loved it! Bring on Season 3 !

If you liked Barry you will enjoy "Jett", season 1 available in the usual places.

Game of Thrones..(that ended sadly)..Vikings....Walking dead...all original tone. I download it...because the stupid german have the strange urge to synchronise it in German language...NOT COOL:-( its just plain stupid imho.

So I dont watch much TV as German TV sucks anyway....I downlaod a lot....realy a lot...heavy movie fan.

Take care

Hans.

Game of Thrones..(that ended sadly)..Vikings....Walking dead...all original tone. I download it...because the stupid german have the strange urge to synchronise it in German language...NOT COOL:-( its just plain stupid imho.

So I dont watch much TV as German TV sucks anyway....I downlaod a lot....realy a lot...heavy movie fan.

Take care
Hans.
Exactly. So strange once you get used to the original voices.

Since 5 years now not much choice as movie theatres and also Netflix only English audio / subs.
Honestly, I don't want to go back.
In the theatre I can't grasp every word but with activated subs in English on Netflix it's perfect.
Germany should take example from Netherlands and Scandinavian countries where movies have English soundtrack.

1 hour ago, CLW said:

Exactly. So strange once you get used to the original voices.

Since 5 years now not much choice as movie theatres and also Netflix only English audio / subs.
Honestly, I don't want to go back.
In the theatre I can't grasp every word but with activated subs in English on Netflix it's perfect.
Germany should take example from Netherlands and Scandinavian countries where movies have English soundtrack.

Good idea but you forgot about the French, I'll put it to M. Macron next time we meet, I'm sure he'll love the very thought of hearing more English audio in cinemas throughout France, after all it is the native language of his paternal great-grandfather.

Happy Jail

Enjoying this one at the minute.
Five episodes in all.

Summary: This five-part docu-series goes inside the Cebu Provincial Detention and

Rehabilitation Center (CPDRC), a unique Philippine jail where dancing is part of the inmates’ exercise and rehabilitation.

Call the Cops

Enjoyed episode 1 of this new 4 part series.

Summary: TV documentary series about frontline officers on the Devon and Police beat will include a report on a thug
who terrified children in a Paignton shop before spitting at police and two hospital nurses.

The Righteous Gemstones

Haven't seen anything yet of this new HBO series.
I'm a John Goodman fan so will give it a crack.

Episode 1 available now.

Summary: Follows a world-famous televangelist family with a long tradition of deviance, greed and charitable work.

2 minutes ago, alan grice said:

Don’t know what your chuntering about Seems if someone doesn’t like you choice it makes you ramble .

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Just curious as to what your tastes might be, hardly rambling.

Ted Bundy: Mind of a Murderer

One of the better shows on Bundy that I've seen.

Summary:  Following decades of fascination with America's first serial killer, Ted Bundy's horrendous crimes continue to haunt the country. Now, for the first time, we hear exclusively from individuals directly involved in the case who have finally come forward to share their story. Friends and family of some of the victims have also agreed to speak for the first time. This unique first-hand testimony takes us back to the time of the murders, coupled with extensive jaw-dropping audio archive from Ted Bundy himself, gives a mesmerizing insight into what was really going on inside the mind of a monster.

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

My top picks for TV series 2018-19, but not necessarily in order of enjoyment.

Billions

Ray Donovan

Get Shorty

Handmaids Tale

Barry

Animal Kingdom

Jett

Big Little Lies

Too Old to Die Young

From your list we have similar taste in TV, so I will like to add:

Narcos Mexico

Chernobyl

The Looming Tower (Really enjoyed this one)

Happy!

Fresh Eggs 

Better call Saul (mixed feelings about last season)

Chimerica 

Grand Tour

From your list we have similar taste in TV, so I will like to add:

Narcos Mexico
Chernobyl
The Looming Tower (Really enjoyed this one)
Happy!
Fresh Eggs 
Better call Saul (mixed feelings about last season)
Chimerica 
Grand Tour
Better call Saul, thumbs up.
Though not so addictive as Breaking Bad but still good entertainment

Archived