What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, CLW said:

Better call Saul, thumbs up.
Though not so addictive as Breaking Bad but still good entertainment

There's lots of really good and some great tv around at the moment, I'd add (not in any particular order):

Bosch

GoT

Hanna (although IMO the film was better)

Warrior

Wu Assassins (new)

La Casa de Papel

Mr. Mercedes

Ozark

Vikings

Power

Tin Star

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To whoever mentioned it, thanks for "Papillion".
Suddenly any hardship I have ever lived look like a walk in the park.  

[/url]  
Didn't know there was a remake. Reviews seem to suggest that it is not as good as the Steve McQueen version but I will give it a go.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Watched the movie "All is True" with Kenneth Branagh and Judi Dench about Shakespeare at the end of his life, and found the movie very good, after an initial struggle.

Several scenes where they were in their large house/mansion were brilliant as it really brought home what life was like before we had the modern amenities.........haunting, cold and empty in the movie and depicted so well. 

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

To whoever mentioned it, thanks for "Papillion".

Suddenly any hardship I have ever lived look like a walk in the park.  

I downloaded and watched the original about 6 months ago and it is still a great movie, so may give this one a go next. Thanks.

Tv series Brassic

Really enjoyed episode 1.
All 6 are out there.

Summary: A six-part comedy series set in Lancashire about the lives of Vinnie and Dylan, whom have grown up together and are inseparable.  When Dylan's girlfriend want to move in search of a better life for her and her child, Dylan must face the hardest decision of his life.

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Tv series Brassic

Really enjoyed episode 1.
All 6 are out there.

Summary: A six-part comedy series set in Lancashire about the lives of Vinnie and Dylan, whom have grown up together and are inseparable.  When Dylan's girlfriend want to move in search of a better life for her and her child, Dylan must face the hardest decision of his life.

Thanks Will,

Watched the trailer and d/l the series already. Just skimmed through to check it d/l OK. Looks good, although I trust your judgement from stuff you've posted about before. Cheers.

i am reluctant to say this but for the last year or so I have really enjoyed watching many chinese made movies, mainly dubbed or with english subtitles, find them more  deeply interesting than usa flicks.  Many great war related ones, as well as period dramas. and of course some martial arts ones with historical significance.  Unfortunately, some have been taken  off youtube due to copywright probs.   Many of the soundtracks for these are very good listening.

12 hours ago, IraqRon said:

i am reluctant to say this but for the last year or so I have really enjoyed watching many chinese made movies, mainly dubbed or with english subtitles, find them more  deeply interesting than usa flicks.  

Why reluctant? A good movie is a good movie.

Last Chance Lawyer NYC 

Broadcast on: BBC Two -- Original Air Date - 07 Oct 2018

Following the exploits of Howard Greenberg, a man who practises criminal law like you have never seen it before. From his office in Brooklyn, Howard wages 'war' against the government. He believes that the state is out to screw over its citizens and that the power of advocacy can, in his expert hands, save his clients from this tyranny.

Howard will go to any lengths to preserve the liberty of the people he represents. From helping convince a client to take a plea deal, dreaming up a fictitious courtroom diary clash to keep a defendant out of prison, or changing his trousers in the street outside the Supreme Court, it is all part of the style and strategy that goes with Howard's mantra - 'winning isn't everything, it's the only thing'.

Addictive TV......  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9110468/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

On 8/22/2019 at 12:03 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

Please let me know how it measure up to the original. I haven't seen the 1973 version but truly enjoyed the 2017 remake.

Watched it tonight and enjoyed it...........but IMO you will now have to watch the original as in many respects "it is a different movie" and Steve McQueen is outstanding, and Dustin Hoffman's character is a "ratso-esque" (a la Midnight Cowboy) persona; both great acting parts.

Then let me know what you think!! 

Ne Jane Austin series just started ,SANDITION ,you will not be dissapointed as its nice and modern and up to date ,sex in the woods and of course a lady of colour, no series set in 1812 would be complete without one ,why do they do it ,change history?and before the usual suspects call me racist ,once again my favourite cop show was Luther .

Ne Jane Austin series just started ,SANDITION ,you will not be dissapointed as its nice and modern and up to date ,sex in the woods and of course a lady of colour, no series set in 1812 would be complete without one ,why do they do it ,change history?and before the usual suspects call me racist ,once again my favourite cop show was Luther .
Perhaps the lady of colour is there to keep it accurate.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-08-23/sanditon-black-heiress-miss-lambe/&ved=2ahUKEwjtpK6XyZ_kAhVFpo8KHW26AJoQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw3u94eWOSUrQE1Uh3BtJCfW

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, newatthis said:

You must remember that shows that appeal to you, may not appeal to others.

Sorry teacher, ????????‍????you're quite right of course, I really ..must remember.

Get out of bed the wrong side did you Mr Glumpy?

:laugh:

4 minutes ago, faraday said:

Sorry teacher, ????????‍????you're quite right of course, I really ..must remember.

Get out of bed the wrong side did you Mr Glumpy?

:laugh:

Gee whiz, I'm sorry.

It wasn't meant to offend you.

Bloody hell. This forum's becoming more antagonistic than the Visa Forum.

5 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Gee whiz, I'm sorry.

It wasn't meant to offend you.

Bloody hell. This forum's becoming more antagonistic than the Visa Forum.

Ok, I don't want to get into a spat. ????

You didn't offend me, I was just poking fun at your choice of words, that's why I inserted two emojis.????

Enjoy your day. ????

32 minutes ago, newatthis said:
4 hours ago, faraday said:

C'mon gang, wake up, Peaky Blinders S05e01 is on Rar!!

You must remember that shows that appeal to you, may not appeal to others.

If it doesn't appeal to you, then just ignore it.

It appealed to me and I've d/l it already, thanks.

7 hours ago, alanrchase said:

I bow to your wisdom ,as i had not read this ,but you must admit ,most stuff these days ,seems to either change history ,,have the obligatory mixed race couple or gay or lesbian couples in it everything is just so PC .

Archived