What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

Michael Inside

Thought this one was pretty good.

Summary: An 18 year old man living in a Dublin housing estate with his grandfather, is caught holding drugs for his friend's
older brother and is sentenced to 3 months in prison.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, faraday said:

Thought I'd have to wait a week for:

Peaky Blinders S05e02

Available on tpb now.

Of course, I realise that it doesn't appeal to everyone!! ????

:laugh:

I wait until the series is finished and binge watch it.

Of course, I realise this doesn't appeal to everyone:tongue:

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Thought I'd have to wait a week for:

Peaky Blinders S05e02

Available on tpb now.

Of course, I realise that it doesn't appeal to everyone!! ????

:laugh:

Ha ha ha! Funnily enough it appealed to me, therefore I'm d/l it at this very moment. Thanks.

A Black and White Killing: The Crime That Shook America

Another good doco by the Beeb.
Two parts.

Summary: In his brand new two-part series for BBC Two - A Black And White Killing: The Case That Shook America - Bafta Award-winning journalist and presenter Mobeen Azhar travels to Oregon to follow the trial of Russell Courtier, a member of white supremacist gang European Kindred, who ran over and killed Larnell Bruce, a young black man, with his car.

I wait until the series is finished and binge watch it.

Of course, I realise this doesn't appeal to everyone:tongue:

I like to remove the guard from the fan and dance around in front of it naked, temptingly swinging my genitals closer and closer....

Of course I realise that this might not appeal to everyone [emoji6]

Oops, think I might have gone a little off topic there .

Apologies [emoji20]

10 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I like to remove the guard from the fan and dance around in front of it naked, temptingly swinging my genitals closer and closer....
Of course I realise that this might not appeal to everyone emoji6.png
Oops, think I might have gone a little off topic there .
Apologies emoji20.png

I think you must have been watching Death Wish?

Brockmire!

Season One so far, lots of fun. 

Two more seasons.

I don't think you need to know anything about baseball (or like it) to enjoy the show, but it probably helps. There is also a tangential pariah expat in Asean angle.

This clip doesn't really do it justice but it's a taste.

90 Day Fiance before the 90 days - Not my usual choice of TV genre (Billions, Call of Duty, Brassic, Pennyworth, Banged-up abround, Drugs Inc etc... being much more my cup-of-tea) but it's car crash TV that you can't help watching.

Feel really sorry for one of the guys, it's obvious to all that he's being cat-fished and has sent $40k to a girl he's never even met on the strength of some photos/videos (not even a video chat), one of his friends or family needs to give him a good slap... 

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

BRASSIC with lovely Michelle Keegan, and PENNYWORTH are both brilliant IMHO.

Gave Brassic away after 5 min, couldn't understand a bloody word. I persevered with Pennyworth  for 10 minutes.

11 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Gave Brassic away after 5 min, couldn't understand a bloody word. I persevered with Pennyworth  for 10 minutes.

I found the 1st episode of Pennyworth hard going but definitely worth persevering with as (IMHO) it gets better & better  

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

BRASSIC with lovely Michelle Keegan, and PENNYWORTH are both brilliant IMHO.

I liked them, both of them getting better as they went on.

To quote some recently posted text: "Of course I realise that this might not appeal to everyone."

53 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I found the 1st episode of Pennyworth hard going but definitely worth persevering with as (IMHO) it gets better & better  

I'm so over the superhero, comic book genre, it's been done to death, but maybe I didn't give Pennyworth a fair shake.

47 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I liked them, both of them getting better as they went on.

To quote some recently posted text: "Of course I realise that this might not appeal to everyone."

You know, I think I'll try watching them. They may well appeal to me, but I'm not sure.

????

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I'm so over the superhero, comic book genre, it's been done to death, but maybe I didn't give Pennyworth a fair shake.

I think you need to ignore any reference in the reviews about superhero rubbish. I noticed it in passing, the series (so far) has nothing to do with any superheroes and to my mind is just a sidetrack, perhaps the writers thought it might draw in comic book heroes, they're not my cup of tea.

7 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I think you need to ignore any reference in the reviews about superhero rubbish. I noticed it in passing, the series (so far) has nothing to do with any superheroes and to my mind is just a sidetrack, perhaps the writers thought it might draw in comic book heroes, they're not my cup of tea.

So they don't appeal to you?

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

I bet you don't understand Coronation Street or Last of the Summer Wine either. Or George Formby or Fivepenny Piece songs .   LOL

38 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Is "Too old to die young" worth the effort?

Episode 1 was very slow and drawn out. Does it evolve into something good, just like Breaking Bad did?

It's not for everyone. It has a bit of a slow start but I found it very addictive, but it's nothing like Breaking Bad, and there's not many episodes.

34 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I bet you don't understand Coronation Street or Last of the Summer Wine either. Or George Formby or Fivepenny Piece songs .   LOL

I always look for subs in a lot of English, Scottish and Irish shows, otherwise can be a struggle for those of us who speak plain English.

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Alfred Pennyworth is, of course, Bruce Wayne's butler. Bruce's father and mother are featured in almost every episode. That said, although Pennyworth is set in the DC universe it is NOT a superhero story.

Ha ha! Those are excellent for the hidden humour. I watch Corro as it is so funny, yet there are all those viewers who watch it for the storyline - wasted!

I can't think of a Corro funny one-liner, as there's just so many.

I do remember East Enders about thirty years ago: Grandson to grandmother, asking about the name of her pet cat, and why it was called Mandu. Grandma told him (deadpan) it was "named after that place in the Far East." Instantly cut to the next scene.

Next day at work I asked the girls in the sales office about it - they all watched it. Not one of them understood the joke until I pointed it out.

The scriptwriters put these sort of hidden gems in all the time.

Ha ha! Those are excellent for the hidden humour. I watch Corro as it is so funny, yet there are all those viewers who watch it for the storyline - wasted!

I can't think of a Corro funny one-liner, as there's just so many.
I do remember East Enders about thirty years ago: Grandson to grandmother, asking about the name of her pet cat, and why it was called Mandu. Grandma told him (deadpan) it was "named after that place in the Far East." Instantly cut to the next scene.
Next day at work I asked the girls in the sales office about it - they all watched it. Not one of them understood the joke until I pointed it out.
The scriptwriters put these sort of hidden gems in all the time.

I call mine onahottinroof although there’s no reason behind it I just like the name [emoji51]

I used to have a cat, I called her Penguin.

When a neighbour asked me why, I told them it's because she's black & white.

Poor little Penguin died young, hit by a car & I found her by the roadside. Horrible!

That was 25+ years ago. Time does fly.

5 minutes ago, faraday said:

I used to have a cat, I called her Penguin.

When a neighbour asked me why, I told them it's because she's black & white.

Poor little Penguin died young, hit by a car & I found her by the roadside. Horrible!

That was 25+ years ago. Time does fly.

Years ago, I had two cats. One was completely black and the other tabby.

I called them Black and Decker.

A girlfriend also had two cats. They were called Jake and Elwood, as they were the Mews Brothers.

(all true names)

Archived