What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

On 8/8/2019 at 2:36 PM, xylophone said:

Watched the movie "Spotlight" again last night and what a great movie it is..........great acting, well told and well paced story.

I think you could include the word disturbing in your description.

The subject matter is still happening and being covered up.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Years ago, I had two cats. One was completely black and the other tabby.
I called them Black and Decker.

A girlfriend also had two cats. They were called Jake and Elwood, as they were the Mews Brothers.
(all true names)

My Grandma had a Cat called Cookingfat, at least it sounded something like that when she tripped over it .!.[emoji86]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Was searching for something the other day and came across The Take on RARBG.

It's a 4 part series.

Saw it a few years ago and thought it was great.

Not sure if I posted about it.

Tom Hardy is always worth watching and doesn't disappoint in this.
Thought he was brilliant.

Summary: Based upon the novel by Martina Cole, this TV series is mostly about Freddie Jackson, portrayed by Tom Hardy,
who is just out of prison. He has the right connections and now he's ready to use them.

On 8/27/2019 at 7:47 PM, bluesofa said:

Years ago, I had two cats. One was completely black and the other tabby.

I called them Black and Decker.

A girlfriend also had two cats. They were called Jake and Elwood, as they were the Mews Brothers.

(all true names)

Still Human - think this one's been mentioned.

Thought it was a cracker.

Summary: A paralyzed and hopeless Hong Kong man meets his new Filipino domestic worker who has put her dream on hold
and came to the city to earn a living. These two strangers live under the same roof through different seasons, and as they learn
more about each other, they also learn more about themselves.

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

Summary: A paralyzed and hopeless Hong Kong man meets his new Filipino domestic worker who has put her dream on hold and came to the city to earn a living. These two strangers live under the same roof through different seasons, and as they learn more about each other, they also learn more about themselves.

Thanks for this.  I just finished watching it and thought it was great.  HIGHLY recommended and thumbs up to Anthony Wong (playing main character in the movie).

OK so slightly off topic as I'm not watching it now but next week sees the return of Mayans MC and I'll certainly be watching it then. If you missed season 1 then you've got a week to catch up with a binge.

"`Mayans M.C.' is the next chapter in the `Sons of Anarchy' saga. Set in a post-Jax Teller world, Ezekiel `EZ' Reyes is fresh out of prison and a prospect in the Mayans M.C. charter on the California/Mexico border. EZ, the gifted son of a proud Latino family and former golden boy, sees his quest for the American dream snuffed out by border violence. Faced with carving out a new identity for himself in his small town, EZ's need for vengeance drives him toward a life he never intended and can never escape."

1 minute ago, faraday said:

If you're bored Ivor, it would be more appropriate if you went elsewhere with your comments.

Who said I was bored? The biggest joke in the movies was based on reindeer meat. But being non Skandi it didn't come off. Well not for me it didn't.

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Thanks for posting this.

A very interesting documentary insight into the effects and also testing of the active ingredients of cannabis.

Yes, generally I'm not particularly interested in these 'drug programs' but with all the worldwide interest & excitement, thought I'd learn more.

The clinician gave a balanced opinion I thought, & made this point about current medical use.

Whenever a new drug comes to market, it has extensive clinical trials. Cannabis seems to be avoiding all this.

Another good point was that of high THC ingestion, paranoia & mental illness...

I won't go on, but Horizon, as I've always found, presented an informed opinion, based on fact.

Getting into the habit of trying to download movies from the past which I thought were good but can't quite remember the whole scenario.

So last night I downloaded "The Talented Mr Ripley" and enjoyed it (again), and in watching a second time I really noticed how Matt Damon was able to change his facial expressions and demeanour to suit the situation at hand, and because of this I got to dislike him (in the film) immensely this time round, which I hadn't previously.

Well worth a second look, and to that end I have just downloaded, "The Prestige" for viewing on another night.

On 8/29/2019 at 5:06 PM, Will27 said:

Summary: A paralyzed and hopeless Hong Kong man meets his new Filipino domestic worker who has put her dream on hold
and came to the city to earn a living. These two strangers live under the same roof through different seasons, and as they learn
more about each other, they also learn more about themselves.

I've seen this man in several chinese made films  and he is a remarkable talent.  One was his staring role in one of the IP man movies, also a upper level gangster in another and several others of which I can't remember the names. Just a great actor.

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Getting into the habit of trying to download movies from the past which I thought were good but can't quite remember the whole scenario.

So last night I downloaded "The Talented Mr Ripley" and enjoyed it (again), and in watching a second time I really noticed how Matt Damon was able to change his facial expressions and demeanour to suit the situation at hand, and because of this I got to dislike him (in the film) immensely this time round, which I hadn't previously.

Well worth a second look, and to that end I have just downloaded, "The Prestige" for viewing on another night.

Since we are digging up oldies, have you ever seen "Burn After Reading"?

2 hours ago, faraday said:

Couple of good oldies there, thank you.

I've downloaded Apocalypse Now Final Cut, 1080 blue ray.

Was it really 39 years ago when it was released....

Life really does go fast.

Sure does and one of my all-time favourite movies.

Darkness: Those Who Kill

Enjoyed the first episode of this new show.
Episodes 1 and 2 are available.

Summary: Investigator Jan and profiler Louise constantly move around in the thrilling periphery of a murderer's

view as they link a series of killings.

3 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Darkness: Those Who Kill

Enjoyed the first episode of this new show.
Episodes 1 and 2 are available.

Summary: Investigator Jan and profiler Louise constantly move around in the thrilling periphery of a murderer's

view as they link a series of killings.

That looks right up my street and was not on my radar, thanks for posting.

This may have been posted already..........

Les Norton

Based on Robert G. Barrett's classic Australian novels, Les Norton is the story of a country lad's misadventures, on the run from a troubled past as a bouncer at a Kings Cross gambling den in the raucous 1980s. ,

Archived