What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just found this broadcast by ITV, seems fair enough although I haven't watched it yet.

https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/a-confession-cast-itv-tv-series-martin-freeman-true-story/
IMG_20190903_052701.thumb.png.3afcf2ede2b6cb94f27fcbb9744cecca.png
I will give it a go. Sounds like a similar format to Manhunt with Martin Clunes, which I enjoyed.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this one, I've just downloaded season 1 (8 episodes) which came out last week.

From IMDb: "A human detective and a fairy rekindle a dangerous affair in a Victorian fantasy world, where the city's uneasy peace collapses when a string of murders reveals an unimaginable monster."

Another review site describes it as "Sherlock Holmes meets Tinker Bell in gritty, sexy fantasy"

On 9/1/2019 at 7:28 PM, Will27 said:

Darkness: Those Who Kill

Enjoyed the first episode of this new show.
Episodes 1 and 2 are available.

Summary: Investigator Jan and profiler Louise constantly move around in the thrilling periphery of a murderer's

view as they link a series of killings.

I wonder if this is a remake of the danish those who kill (den som draeber)...that was a cracker.

In other news saw two gems.

Gutland: a German flic about a con on the run after a heist

The Cakemaker...in Hebrew, English and German....a German baker has an affair with a Israeli married man who later dies. He then visits the widow in Berlin and doesn't identify himself...

7 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I wonder if this is a remake of the danish those who kill (den som draeber)...that was a cracker.

In other news saw two gems.

Gutland: a German flic about a con on the run after a heist

The Cakemaker...in Hebrew, English and German....a German baker has an affair with a Israeli married man who later dies. He then visits the widow in Berlin and doesn't identify himself...

Don't think it's a remake.

Pretty sure it's season 2.

I'm looking forward to this, it's due to start at the end of the month and has a great cast including Forest Whitaker, Vincent D'Onofrio (Law & Order: Criminal Intent), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul, Revolution), Paul Sorvino and Lucy Fry (Wolf Creek). I just hope the show is equal to the sum of its parts.

"In the early 1960s, infamous crime boss Bumpy Johnson returns from 10 years in prison to find the neighborhood he once ruled in shambles; with the streets controlled by the Italian mob, Bumpy must take on the Genovese crime family to regain control."

On 8/30/2019 at 10:24 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Who said I was bored? The biggest joke in the movies was based on reindeer meat. But being non Skandi it didn't come off. Well not for me it didn't.

Sorry OT... 

I remember visiting a company in Stockholm, for lunch they took us to the Exec Canteen & served us Reindeer meat

I said "You can't eat Reindeer Meet"

My host replied "Why Not"

I replied "Because it's Christmas"... Well it was December 20th so I wasn't about to eat Rudolf... 

Sorry back to Topic, I tried Carnival Row & fell asleep 1/2 way through Episode 1 which seemed to be a "Who Done It" type story line & woke up to a Civil War movie or something (I was watching it on Amazon Prime so the next episode automatically plays & I must have slept through 2.5 episodes).

Story line did sound interesting so will give it another whirl if it gets enough thumbs up on here ???? 

Hoping someone can help with a subs problem... English subtitles work fine from subscene.com but whenever I try Thai subtitles it always displays subs in an unknown language.

Yes, I’ve changed (& saved)the filter from “English” to “Thai” each time. The downloaded file name even says it’s a Thai subtitle.

5 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I've been taking a look at pre-code Hollywood films that I haven't seen or haven't seen for some time. A good list to start here: http://pre-code.com/my-list-of-essential-pre-code-hollywood-films/

I was going to ask what pre-code is until I saw that there was an explanation in your link. Then I learned a new word, miscegenation. Apparently I am a miscegenationist, who'da thunk it?

15 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

I was going to ask what pre-code is until I saw that there was an explanation in your link. Then I learned a new word, miscegenation. Apparently I am a miscegenationist, who'da thunk it?

Pre-code is a real eye opener for someone my age (57). Took Hollywood 30-40 years to revisit controversial topics, or even reflect reality in film the way it was from 1928 thru 1933-ish.

Don't know if this TV series has been mentioned:- 

"Young, Dumb and Banged Up in the Sun"

Seems Thailand is not the only place where you can get into deep poo without realy trying.

Assaulted on the streets of Taiwan, Josh was the one who got arrested. Lured by a dream job
in Dubai, Shezad ended up in prison for 2 1/2 years. Holiday rep Sam found himself high on
weed and being chased by Greek police.

Tom set off a firework on a Phuket street against Thai law. Mat fell foul of the Indonesia's immigration laws and ended up in the country's notorious prison system. Khiana faced an altercation with an Ayia Napa taxi driver after a drunken mistake.

Harry was nabbed for selling drugs in Malta, starting a 19-month ordeal. Eddie lived the high life in Kenya until an altercation with a restaurant owner. Jordan worked without the right visa in Thailand.

Kayleigh was found with immigrants in her car boot at a French border station. Robert was the victim of a scam with a moped in Thailand. Arron swam the length of the Hoover Dam, and was fined for his efforts.

Series 1-6 available from those nice pirates in the bay. :thumbsup:

Just finished Brassic, and understood all the dialogue as I did for Peterloo, good but a bit too long, could have done it all in 90 minutes, and Darkest Hour was enjoyable for Gary's acting.

Pennyworth is next on the list.

I got mine from Tvchaos but so far only Episode 1-4. Hopefully the rest will follow.

Trying to be helpful I put out the pirate link for those who don't use Tvchaos but now see they don't have many seeders.  Pirate ............../search/Young, Dumb and Banged Up in the Sun/0/99/0

Seems 1337X has also has it but only Episodes 1-5.

:wink:

1 hour ago, Daffy D said:

I got mine from Tvchaos but so far only Episode 1-4. Hopefully the rest will follow.

Trying to be helpful I put out the pirate link for those who don't use Tvchaos but now see they don't have many seeders.  Pirate ............../search/Young, Dumb and Banged Up in the Sun/0/99/0

You actually said Series 1-6 when you probably meant episodes.

Saw the film Yesterday ... er ... yesterday. As a tribute to Beatles music it is well worth seeing, though the romcom element is a little cloying as you might expect from a Richard Curtis script. Danny Boyle directs and Himesh Patel is a very engaging lead. Ed Sheeran appears as himself and is not too obtrusive. There is a lovely cameo from Sarah Lancashire who will be familiar to Brits.

Of the 3 recent UK rock icon movies, it is better than Rocket Man, but not as good as Bohemian Rhapsody.

1 hour ago, Daffy D said:

Tvchaos?

Archived