What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite enjoyed Pine Gap. Netflix series about a joint US/Australian listening centre in Alice Springs and the threat of a mole who is sporadically disclosing sensitive information to hostile players.

Posted using Tapatalk

On 1/5/2019 at 12:42 AM, tutsiwarrior said:

Carey Mulligan has been someone to watch since her starring debut in An Education (2009)...unfortunately she hasn't had many good roles since then but Wildlife has been described as her best performance...

I was mushed out in front of the tube after work in saudi no less a few years ago when An education came on and I sat up and took notice very quickly...also with Alfred Molina...

I checked "An Education" at IMDB to see if it seems of interest to me and realized I'd seen it but forgotten the title.

She was nominated for Best Actress for Oscars and Golden Globes.

I liked the film and her. Actually I liked all the principals.

MV5BMTg4NjgzOTc0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTc2

Watched "Wildlife" yesterday. Thanks faraday for recommending it.

It is her film entirely and she is excellent.

Not crazy about the film as a whole but she made it interesting.

Jake Gyllenhaal is really attracted to dark material and good scripts in many cases.

Perhaps he's been typed for those sort of films since "Donnie Darko".

Most male movie stars wouldn't have had the balls to star in "Brokeback Mountain" - afraid it would kill their image for other parts or just scared in general.

He was also notable in "Zodiac", "Nightcrawler", "Rendition", "Prisoners" (really brutal and creepy. Actually several of these are brutal and/or creepy. EDIT - No, all of them are brutal and/or creepy. And memorable).

Tv series - Manhunt

All reports of this one are it's very good.

Three part series starting tomorrow and playing continuously over the next 2 days.

Summary: The three-part mini-series is based on the real-life memoirs of DCI Colin Sutton, a former Met Police detective who led the investigation into the murder of Amelia Delagrange and, ultimately, the capture of serial killer Levi Bellfield.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1066866/manhunt-itv-air-date-cast-trailer-plot-martin-clunes-levi-bellfield#t=22s

6 hours ago, faraday said:

Just downloaded Manhunt - thanks for the suggestion Will.

Another version of Les Miserables is available, watched ep1 last Sunday - good cast especially Dominic West & Derek Jacobi, EP 2 is available now also. (Rar)

I am just into Ep 2 now. Really good, and as usual, well made by BBC. Worth every penny of the Licence I pay !!!!    lol 

If you're interested in space this is worth a watch:-

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9269852/?ref_=nv_sr_1

MARS: Inside SpaceX will go inside SpaceX's plan to get humanity to Mars, providing an unprecedented glimpse into one of the world's most revolutionary companies. Filmed over the course of three years - this journey will take us behind the scenes with Elon Musk and his engineers - as they persevere amidst both disheartening setbacks and huge triumphs to advance the space industry faster than we ever thought possible.

Available on 1337X   :thumbsup:

Incidentally the car that was launched is now way beyond the orbit of Mars.  Awesome :clap2:

Anyone know where I can d/l Gladiator with either Thai subs or dubbed - or indeed any other decent farang' movie?

She watched Merlin from the BBC on iflix some time ago, & would like to see other TV/movies.

Gets it bit boring having to search & scroll through endless suggestions on Google, so I thought one of the 'Crew' - us that is, might have some results.

Cheers dears....:wai:

2 hours ago, faraday said:

Anyone know where I can d/l Gladiator with either Thai subs or dubbed - or indeed any other decent farang' movie?

She watched Merlin from the BBC on iflix some time ago, & would like to see other TV/movies.

Gets it bit boring having to search & scroll through endless suggestions on Google, so I thought one of the 'Crew' - us that is, might have some results.

Cheers dears....:wai:

Whatever I watched on Netflix in Thailand seems to have Thai subtitles (not sure if any are dubbed in Thai - I never checked).

Madeline’s Madeline 2018 usa  experimental film based between a young girls home and her drama group. 

not for everyone but for me an engrossing and engaging film helped along by some interesting camera and editing work , i luved this movie 8/10

Ice box 2018 hbo usa   harrowing tale of a young honduran fleeing his crime ridden homeland and his subsequent ordeal upon entering the usa

shockingly engaging 7.5/10

On 1/7/2019 at 12:42 PM, wgdanson said:

I am just into Ep 2 now. Really good, and as usual, well made by BBC. Worth every penny of the Licence I pay !!!!    lol 

Les Miserables

Yes its a real stretch of the imagination with France having such a colorful police force back in the 1830's. Got to love the BBC ability to keep it all correct.

Archived