What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

you may have to upload some videos occasionally to keep your subscription alive

No you don't, That's not how it works.

All you have to do is not to delete or move your download from where you have downloaded the file. This is called "seeding" and helps everyone get a good download speed.

Usually they request a ratio of 1 to 1 for each file. That is you have "seeded" (uploaded) as much as you downloaded on a file.

If the file you download is popular it will have a lot of "leachers"  (that is people downloading from you) and you'll reach the 1 to 1 ratio quickly.

If the file is not popular, and you can't get your ratio because no one is "leaching" from you, you just have to keep that file available (not delete it) for 72 hours to get "bonus" points which you can covert into "ratio" ant keep you in the game.

Sound a bit complicated, I just keep my downloads for about a week so never a problem with ratio.

While your downloaded file is "seeding" you can of course use or copy it to another location as long as the original is left for seeding.

Untitled-2.jpg.2febb51f12ae2ccea1ef79751a322385.jpg

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

But can you download from that site? Because it says "signup closed" and I couldn't download anything.

You have to register (free) to use this site. Guess they may be full and not accepting any more members at this time.

If you PM me an e-mail address I can send you an invite and see if that works.

:smile:

32 minutes ago, giddyup said:

No, all sounds too hard to me, especially when I can download from a dozen different sites with no sign in or registering.

My mistake, I thought you were interested in using a private tracker to access content not seeding in the short life mainstream.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:07 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

Chernobyl is a must to watch. Brilliant blood chilling TV about a true event that most Europeans, although at a distance, live through.

It is well worth briefly reading up on radiation levels to fully appreciate the the exposure these guys were facing.

Radiation is about exposure time and intensity, just like drinking 2 bottles of vodka in one sitting will most likely kill you, while you can safely enjoy the same 2 bottles of vodka over the course of a year.

radiation.png

finally got around to watch some of Chernobyl

has anyone found this series dubbed in another language ?

the English accent of the actors is unbearable.

I thought about watching it in Russian with English subs, but couldn't find a Russian version.

I would take anything, neutral German, neutral French, or even neutral English, as long as there are no funny accents.

Thanks to all who recommended "Peaky Blinders" - never heard of it before, and finished watching Season Two early this am - kept me up till daylight.

I'd seen Cillian Murphy previously in "The Wind That Shakes the Barley" about the IRA and Brits, and his thoughtfulness worked better there I feel.

I'm surprised his performance thru 2 seasons never breaks out of that lugubrious character, even for a few minutes.

He's like Jeff Goldblum - they gaze............

But still he's not bad and that character is effective for a lot of the show (just let him "have his moment" once in awhile), and I like the period feel.

Also thanks for all who mentioned "Get Shorty" - I watched that also (miniseries).

I find Leonard unreadable, and I think lasted about 10 minutes watching the feature film, but this is apparently very different. Which it must be, as the title makes no sense and is clearly related to a different plot as Shorty is irrelevant in the miniseries and there's no reason to "get" her.

Some of it is stupid, and the star is totally unconvincing as a thug - almost laughably so, and the morality was frequently awful and hypocritical - Coen brothers but even worse, but there was enough of interest there to keep me going.

31 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Also thanks for all who mentioned "Get Shorty" - I watched that also (miniseries).

I find Leonard unreadable, and I think lasted about 10 minutes watching the feature film, but this is apparently very different. Which it must be, as the title makes no sense and is clearly related to a different plot as Shorty is irrelevant in the miniseries and there's no reason to "get" her.

Get Shorty is not a mini series, it's already up to Series 3. The series is very, very loosely based on the Get Shorty book. Surprised you find Elmore Leonard "unreadable" he would have to be one of the most accessible and entertaining authors I've ever read, but to each their own.

On 9/5/2019 at 10:24 AM, wgdanson said:

Just finished Brassic, and understood all the dialogue as I did for Peterloo, good but a bit too long, could have done it all in 90 minutes, and Darkest Hour was enjoyable for Gary's acting.

Pennyworth is next on the list.

Could not understand what they meant by brassic then it dawned on me its rhyming slang..

Brassic

Brassic Lint

Skint

Pennyworth is pretty good, only six episodes so far, hope more are coming soon

Could not understand what they meant by brassic then it dawned on me its rhyming slang..

Brassic

Brassic Lint

Skint

That would be Boracic Lint , but I believe you are correct, Brassic is the way a cockney from Sarf Landan would say it [emoji3]

( although it is set in Lancashire [emoji848])

18 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Brassic

Brassic Lint

Skint

True, but why would Lankies be using Cockney rhyming slang. Hmmmm. 

But yes, in the Urban Dictionary is has an example ' Fack me, I'm brassic this week cos I've eaten too many rubys'    LOL

4 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Agree but I remember we used it in school in Sheffield when I lived there :smile:

Check:out:

The Capture  only one episode so far but OK

The Spy   just arrived not watched it yet but good reviews if you discount all the nit pickers

38 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Agree but I remember we used it in school in Sheffield when I lived there :smile:

Check:out:

The Capture  only one episode so far but OK

The Spy   just arrived not watched it yet but good reviews if you discount all the nit pickers

Yes, I really enjoyed The Capture, despite a few negative reviews - can't understand why.

I see Sacha Baron Cohen is in The Spy; it's refreshing to see when comedians play a serious role.

As I mentioned earlier, Martin Freeman in A Confession.

There's another remake of War Of The Worlds' due out soon. British this time, fortunately, although the Tom Cruise one was good.

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

Brassic

Brassic Lint

Skint

Yes, it missed a week for some reason. Pennyworth E07 is due any day now.

On 9/7/2019 at 11:58 AM, wgdanson said:

But yes, in the Urban Dictionary is has an example ' Fack me, I'm brassic this week cos I've eaten too many rubys'    LOL

I was born in Lancashire (Warrington, got "Re-Assigned" to Cheshire when I was about 10) & everybody there knows that if you say "I'm Brassic" it means you're skint... 

On 9/7/2019 at 12:56 PM, bluesofa said:
On 9/7/2019 at 11:42 AM, Rimmer said:

Brassic

Brassic Lint

Skint

Yes, it missed a week for some reason. Pennyworth E07 is due any day now.

FYI: It's due to be shown tonight (8 Sept)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennyworth_(TV_series)#Episodes

edit: Just found some torrents for it already

Archived