What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

What's with all these movies, TV series etc now in HEVC format? My Media player won't play anything in that format, so no use to me unless I bother trying to convert them, which apparently is a rather lengthy process.
Smaller file size for same quality picture. Less memory taken up and quicker to download. Plays on my computer with windows media player classic and win 10.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

Smaller file size for same quality picture. Less memory taken up and quicker to download. Plays on my computer with windows media player classic and win 10.

It will play on my computer as well, but I like to watch movies on the big screen via a portable media player.

On 9/4/2019 at 2:51 PM, Nemises said:

Hoping someone can help with a subs problem... English subtitles work fine from subscene.com but whenever I try Thai subtitles it always displays subs in an unknown language.

Yes, I’ve changed (& saved)the filter from “English” to “Thai” each time. The downloaded file name even says it’s a Thai subtitle.

You do have Thai fonts installed on the device that displays the subs ?

some subtitles say they are Thai but are  either fake or just display "gobbledygook" no matter what font you use

sometimes you can open the *.srt file  with a text editor  and sort out the "Unicode encoding" of the file

EditPad Lite  version 7.6.4   has a good built in tool for that.

1732884847_textencoding.jpg.ef1b127d72480b5dc5d12530101cae38.jpg

It will play on my computer as well, but I like to watch movies on the big screen via a portable media player.
Sorry, missed the portable media player reasoning. Why worry though, HVEC torrents are still a minority format, just download your preferred format.

26 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

Sorry, missed the portable media player reasoning. Why worry though, HVEC torrents are still a minority format, just download your preferred format.

It's just that I see that format more and more on download sites and wondering if this is the future.

It's just that I see that format more and more on download sites and wondering if this is the future.
Yes its the next format...higher compression ratio so smaller file size at the same image quality but requires higher computer power to decompress ,lots of "media players" can't be updated to play it but a player that support the format are cheap now....also look for x264 files they are still the majority and should play in your existing player. HVEC is also labeled as x265

I understand your concern. If you wish to pay the money you can buy a portable media player that will play it. If the format becomes popular the price of the players will come down. Same thing has been happening for years.

Temple

New 8 part series starting this Saturday.

Summary: About an illicit surgery operating in the murky depths of the London underground. Daniel Milton (Strong) wants to do good but is increasingly compromised by his dodgy clientele.

3 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Am I alone in becoming slightly concerned at the amount of TV that Will appears to be watching? Maybe he watches whilst he's in the gym but if all that time is spent on the sofa.......

I see it from a different perspective:

As his judgement on what to watch appears to be spot-on for my tastes, I'm considering having to find some way to block his posts.

Otherwise I'll end up spending more time watching these programmes (including a lot of good docos) instead of the more important issue of writing p!ss-taking comments on TVF.

38 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Am I alone in becoming slightly concerned at the amount of TV that Will appears to be watching? Maybe he watches whilst he's in the gym but if all that time is spent on the sofa.......

I might be a fraction over my fighting weight.

stock-photo-photo-of-a-fat-couch-potato-eating-a-huge-hamburger-and-watching-television-harsh-lighting-from-76067524.jpg

Glad to say that Top Boy is returning this week.

Netflix picked it up and have made a new season.

Mentioned seasons 1 and 2 a few years ago now.

Show was surprisingly cancelled in 2013 after winning a heap of awards.

Think it's a bit like a UK version of The Wire

If you haven't seen any of the earlier episodes, do yourself a favour and have a look.

Four episodes in each of the first two seasons.

13 hours ago, Will27 said:

Glad to say that Top Boy is returning this week.

Netflix picked it up and have made a new season.

Mentioned seasons 1 and 2 a few years ago now.

Show was surprisingly cancelled in 2013 after winning a heap of awards.

Think it's a bit like a UK version of The Wire

If you haven't seen any of the earlier episodes, do yourself a favour and have a look.

Four episodes in each of the first two seasons.

I thought this looked good and downloaded the first two seasos ages ago but haven't got around to watching it yet. If you liked that you'll probably like this Gangs of London. No trailer available yet (or none that I could find), but this from Wiki:

"Gangs of London is an upcoming British-American action television series, following struggles between rival gangs and other criminal organisations in present-day London. The series is set to air in the UK on Sky Atlantic and in the US on Cinemax."

Have anyone seen "Chernobyl" by HBO? I've heard many good reviews. Plan to see it on a weekend.

A lot of BS added to the story. It’s now a SAFE, very popular tourist attraction (google it)... so much for being radioactive for next 50,000 or whatever years.

Tv series - Unbelievable

This one looks promising.

Should be available Friday or Saturday.

Summary: The true story of Marie, a teenager who was charged with lying about having been raped, and the two female
detectives who followed a twisting path to arrive at the truth.

Archived