BANGKOK 24 May 2019 20:26
CharlieH

What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

6 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

I loved it, but realistic, not so sure about that. Besides, it ended too abruptly.

• Like 1

Still in the Easter spirit?
I found this 2018 live stage production of JC Superstar excellent.
It won, among other awards, Best TV Movie. It also rated 100% on Rotten Tomatoes - for what that’s worth.
Alice Cooper’s performance as King Herod was great
Available at a TPB site near you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Christ_Superstar_Live_in_Concert

17 hours ago, giddyup said:

I loved it, but realistic, not so sure about that. Besides, it ended too abruptly.

"History of the Real Deadwood, South Dakota

The discovery of gold in the southern Black Hills in 1874 set off one of the great gold rushes in America. In 1876, miners moved into the northern Black Hills. That’s where they came across a gulch full of dead trees and a creek full of gold and Deadwood was born.

Practically overnight, the tiny gold camp boomed into a town that played by its own rules that attracted outlaws, gamblers and gunslingers along with the gold seekers. Wild Bill Hickok was one of those men who came looking for fortune. But just a few short weeks after arriving, he was gunned down while holding a poker hand of aces and eights – forever after known as the Dead Man’s Hand.

Calamity Jane also made a name for herself in these parts and is buried next to Hickok in Mount Moriah Cemetery. Other legends, like Potato Creek Johnny, Seth Bullock and Al Swearengen, created their legends and legacies in this tiny Black Hills town." https://www.deadwood.com/history/

The streets are covered in horse dung and urine, gambling and prostitution are ubiquitous, murder is commonplace, horse thieves are hung, suckers are scammed, gun fighters shoot it out, and racism is the norm.

Were you expecting Gene Autry?😎

MI0001364530.jpg

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

"History of the Real Deadwood, South Dakota

The streets are covered in horse dung and urine, gambling and prostitution are ubiquitous, murder is commonplace, horse thieves are hung, suckers are scammed, gun fighters shoot it out, and racism is the norm.

Were you expecting Gene Autry?😎

A lot of the bad language, ie swearing, wasn't around at this time, words like c*cksucker didn't exist, gunfights were rare, and it wasn't always historically correct either, nevertheless, it was still pure entertainment.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 8:36 AM, giddyup said:

Fresh Eggs. Excellent NZ black comedy that just keeps getting better and better. Four episodes available all the usual places.

Happy! Another off-beat comedy that I highly recommend. Already into Season 2. Also available many places.

I am also hooked on Fresh Eggs. Episode 4 was aired on March 12, why the long wait for the last 2 episodes?

Add "Barry" to that list.

I am also hooked on Fresh Eggs. Episode 4 was aired on March 12, why the long wait for the last 2 episodes?

Last two episodes on 5 May. They were held back due to the shootings in NZ.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

The Highwaymen

2019 ‧ Drama/Thriller

One of the best movies I seen in a while. I've seen several movies of Bonnie and Clyde that romanticized their brutal behavior and seemed to justified their killing of numerous law men. This movie not only shows the dedication to justice and answering the call of a nation to bring fugitives to justice, but shows the professionalism of law men such as the Texas Rangers to get the job done even in modern times. The old guard still has valuable and import contributions to a new society and when the present law enforcement can't get the job done, find people that have throughout history capture fugitives. Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson performed great as storytellers of this law enforcement point of view. If you like the story of Bonnie and Clyde, watch this movie.images.jpg.1634df2e7e89906fc941148f0002e15a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

One of the best movies I seen in a while. I've seen several movies of Bonnie and Clyde that romanticized their brutal behavior and seemed to justified their killing of numerous law men. This movie not only shows the dedication to justice and answering the call of a nation to bring fugitives to justice, but shows the professionalism of law men such as the Texas Rangers to get the job done even in modern times. The old guard still has valuable and import contributions to a new society and when the present law enforcement can't get the job done, find people that have throughout history capture fugitives. Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson performed great as storytellers of this law enforcement point of view. If you like the story of Bonnie and Clyde, watch this movie.

And the movies name is......

4 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

The Highwaymen

2019 ‧ Drama/Thriller

One of the best movies I seen in a while. I've seen several movies of Bonnie and Clyde that romanticized their brutal behavior and seemed to justified their killing of numerous law men. This movie not only shows the dedication to justice and answering the call of a nation to bring fugitives to justice, but shows the professionalism of law men such as the Texas Rangers to get the job done even in modern times. The old guard still has valuable and import contributions to a new society and when the present law enforcement can't get the job done, find people that have throughout history capture fugitives. Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson performed great as storytellers of this law enforcement point of view. If you like the story of Bonnie and Clyde, watch this movie.images.jpg.1634df2e7e89906fc941148f0002e15a.jpg

I thought it was dull as ditchwater.

• Like 1

I watched a NZ movie the other day, Mega Time Squad, the wife watched it all the way through and said it was “a bullsh!t3 movie”, which doesn’t mean it was bad, just a little off the wall. Interesting to see what the Kiwis can do.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I thought it was dull as ditchwater.

Agreed, couldn't make it half way. A real yawn fest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

I watched a NZ movie the other day, Mega Time Squad, the wife watched it all the way through and said it was “a bullsh!t3 movie”, which doesn’t mean it was bad, just a little off the wall. Interesting to see what the Kiwis can do.

Try "What we do in the Shadows", a vampire send-up. They have also made a TV sitcom but not as funny as the movie.

• Like 1

TVShow - Gentleman Jack (2019)

From HBO, a new period drama based on a true story set in Yorkshire England.

Anne Lister, is a wealthy landowner and industrialist in the 1800s, Lister detailed her life's story in a five-million-word diary that chronicled in part, her sexual adventures and romantic relationships with women in a secret self-created code. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7211618/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Orville (Sci-Fi US comedy series)

images-37.jpg.d3d488ca9e011af58414cfabdf88e50e.jpg

When I first watched the Orville episode 1 I thought it was a direct rip off from Star Trek.

Boy was I wrong, the Orville is 100 times better, it’s funny and the plot is unpredictable.

In Star Trek during video chat in the bridge command you will never see a dog licking its balls in the background.

In Star Trek you will never see gay male alien couples, and then they lay eggs and sit on like a big chicken.

In Star Trek there’s no way you will see a green jelly blob alien having sex with a human.

There’s also one of the hottest chicks, Kelly Grayson on the TV show or Adrianne Policki in real life. I can stare at her beautiful face all day, she’s gorgeous.

Oh yeah Kelly shags a blue alien that has skin like a lizard and a head like a grass hopper, and when the alien is frightened he spurts blue ink out of his forehead.

• Like 2