What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

1 minute ago, Blue Muton said:

I use "HD Video Converter" from Wonderfox:

It is completely free in the standard version, download from here:

https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/free-hd-video-converter/

I upgraded to the "Pro" version because you can put more than one file into a queue to process whereas in the standard version you have to load them one at a time. I have converted thousands of files usung this app, although I tend to use it for compressing files by reducing resolution (say from 1080 to 480) and by converting from MP4/AVI/MPV/H264 to H265 (HEVC). I have shrunk files in total by about 1TB and am still at it.

This software is extremely simple to use (fortunately for me).

Thanks, someone else mentioned this software previously. Roughly how lomg does it take to convert the average length movie in HEVC format to H264?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Thanks, someone else mentioned this software previously. Roughly how lomg does it take to convert the average length movie in HEVC format to H264?

As I said I tend to convert to H265 rather than from H265 but I doubt that the reverse process would take any longer. It would depend on the resolution, be it 480/720/1080 or 4K, the higher the resolution of your original file the longer it takes. A typical 720P movie would probably take about three hours, just kick it off and go and do other stuff while it's running in the background.

The default setting seems to be to keep the original coding, so after adding a file you would need to hit the "Settings" button then switch to H264. I am converting a file atm but could give you a little more detail when my file has finished in about an couple of hours.

I use "HD Video Converter" from Wonderfox:

It is completely free in the standard version, download from here:

https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/free-hd-video-converter/

I upgraded to the "Pro" version because you can put more than one file into a queue to process whereas in the standard version you have to load them one at a time. I have converted thousands of files usung this app, although I tend to use it for compressing files by reducing resolution (say from 1080 to 480) and by converting from MP4/AVI/MPV/H264 to H265 (HEVC). I have shrunk files in total by about 1TB and am still at it.

This software is extremely simple to use (fortunately for me).

I also use HD video converter factory and use the free version. You can merge or convert several files at one time easily without the paid version, just refuse an upgrade ( click next time )

Have used it for a few years and found it to be great.

Conversion times vary but are not slow IMO.

A couple of photos on how to merge or run several files at one time for free

IMG_2771.JPG

Just click “ better conversion “ until

IMG_2772.JPG

Then click “ next time “, works flawlessly.

14 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Lots of variables, size of original file, size, resolution of conversion, even the specs of your computer.

On 9/4/2019 at 11:03 AM, Blue Muton said:

I'm looking forward to this, it's due to start at the end of the month and has a great cast including Forest Whitaker, Vincent D'Onofrio (Law & Order: Criminal Intent), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul, Revolution), Paul Sorvino and Lucy Fry (Wolf Creek). I just hope the show is equal to the sum of its parts.

"In the early 1960s, infamous crime boss Bumpy Johnson returns from 10 years in prison to find the neighborhood he once ruled in shambles; with the streets controlled by the Italian mob, Bumpy must take on the Genovese crime family to regain control."

Just want to bump this one. Out September 29th.

2 minutes ago, Nemises said:

New Brad Pitt space movie “Ad Astra”. Was it any good? Not sure because I slept through most of it. Maybe others who manage to stay awake can advise if it was any good emoji3.png

Think it opens tomorrow in Thailand, where did you watch it?

11 hours ago, Nemises said:

New Brad Pitt space movie “Ad Astra”. Was it any good? Not sure because I slept through most of it. Maybe others who manage to stay awake can advise if it was any good emoji3.png

Must of been thinking of "Rambo, Last Blood".  

Google says it opens today in Thailand.  

I will go see, but not today.   

Just re-watched one of my favorite Oliver Stone movies "U-Turn" released in 1997. 

Young sexy Jennifer Lopez, Sean Penn, Nick Nolte, Billy Bob, Jon Voight, Joaquin Phoenix, Claire Danes. 

A Thriller filmed in Arizona , USA

putlocker.care     

p19850_v_v8_ab.jpg

On 9/18/2019 at 9:29 AM, giddyup said:

Details of media player that plays HEVC? I've been using media players for the last 10 years, haven't seen one that plays HEVC, not for less than $50 anyway. TV and computer in separate rooms, so no.

How about $32US? Lazada. Plays HEVC/10bit x 265. Lots more with different features and prices...

Put your movies/tv shows on a thumb drive and plug and play... same room as tv!!

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/mxq-x96-android-smart-box-uhd-4k-64bit-cpu-android-marshmallow-60-1gb8gb-i258021592-s397746324.html?spm=a2o4m.pdp/revamp.0.0.5fc546ffvUyImH&pa=item_page.M1_top2&mp=1&pos=2&impsrc=258021592_TH-397746324&ad_src=1400_410:0.911810&did=7c782e0e-5ba7-43c7-8733-1fd25b5e9b40&cid=66050

2 hours ago, mikebike said:

I just realised, I have an MXQ Pro, which is the same thing. I used to use it for Kodi but got tired of it, too many choices, and it wasn't as simple to play from a USB stick like one of these , which is a dedicated USB player, but unfortunately doesn't play HEVC.https://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-1080P-Digital-Media-Player-HDMI1-3-Autoplay-USB-Support-RM-RMVB-H-264-SD-Card/292671175302?hash=item44248fba86:m:mlbeel0rr9cn2QS0IqRD9oQ

Criminal: United Kingdom

3 episodes all out--- A cat-and-mouse drama, which focuses on the intense mental conflict between detectives and suspects. Comprising 12 stories set in four different countries, each takes place within the confines of a police interview suite.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9348692/videoplayer/vi228835097?ref_=tt_ov_vi

33 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

3 episodes all out--- A cat-and-mouse drama, which focuses on the intense mental conflict between detectives and suspects. Comprising 12 stories set in four different countries, each takes place within the confines of a police interview suite.

Thanks, found the three on RARBG.

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

They're all (Spain, Germany and France) out on Lime.

On 9/19/2019 at 8:48 AM, giddyup said:

The Capture, first rate thriller. Episodes 1, 2, and 3 available.

Thanks for this rec. The Beeb has had some strong offerings the last few months, IMHO.

However, it always takes me a while to adjust to people calling their superiors "Mom," as my ears hear it, and realize that they're saying "Ma'am."

8 hours ago, dukeandduke said:

Thanks for this rec. The Beeb has had some strong offerings the last few months, IMHO.

However, it always takes me a while to adjust to people calling their superiors "Mom," as my ears hear it, and realize that they're saying "Ma'am."

I thought they say "Mum".

A screenshot of my series will tell you more than a thousand words.

1826616216_myseries.png.d7c9eb9aa2dce875d13e347115961768.png

Elite is a spanish serie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_(TV_series)

Engrenages is a french one ;

you have it in english with this name : Spiral

Spiral (French: Engrenages, pronounced [ɑ̃ɡʁəˈnaʒ]) is a French television police procedural and legal drama series following the work and the private lives of Parisian police officers and lawyers and judges at the Palais de Justice, Paris.

I download always ( when it's possible ) the series in their original language ;

It was not possible about Versailles ; i cannot find it in english ;

I have it only in french ;

fortunatly it's my native language :tongue:

3 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

I get it too because I use a VPN

Do you find its worth having a VPN in Thailand ?

Do you find it slows down the download?

I use to have a VPN but only so I could access the BBC and other UK programs that don't get put on the net,everything else seemed available without it. Now Chaos shows everything UK a lot that doesn't even get put on the Webb, so I dropped it.

What does yours cost ??

Thanks Blue M

On 12/6/2018 at 10:01 AM, Jonnapat said:

I got tired of all the gun toting "action movies" of which there are so many meaningless ones out there.

I started to search out all the Scandi Noir tv series which almost always have a great storyline and are usually very suspenseful. 

For example Bron Broen ( The Bridge) 3series, Forbrydelsen ( The Killing ),3series and many more of the same from Denmark, Sweden, Norway and even Iceland. 

If you haven't seen Engrenages ,6 series over 10 years and Braquo, both from France, you're missing some super stories..

Just a few ideas for those who need to view something different

I am in total agreement with you. Bron Broen and Forbrydelsen are great. Very dark, and very gritty stuff. The Scandinavians are doing amazing TV and film these days. Puts pretenders like Tarantino to shame. Once upon a time in America was ponderous. Moments were fun. But, the ranch scene, with the Manson family? What on earth was that, and why was it even there? What was the point? Where was the story, until the last 45 minutes? That was fun. But he is so over rated. 

On 9/20/2019 at 8:52 AM, Skallywag said:

Just re-watched one of my favorite Oliver Stone movies "U-Turn" released in 1997. 

Young sexy Jennifer Lopez, Sean Penn, Nick Nolte, Billy Bob, Jon Voight, Joaquin Phoenix, Claire Danes. 

A Thriller filmed in Arizona , USA

putlocker.care     

p19850_v_v8_ab.jpg

That was back in the days when Stone still had a few good films he was able to turn out. What on earth happened to him? Up until the late 1990's he created alot of good work. Since then?

Archived