What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Do you find its worth having a VPN in Thailand ?

Do you find it slows down the download?

I use to have a VPN but only so I could access the BBC and other UK programs that don't get put on the net,everything else seemed available without it. Now Chaos shows everything UK a lot that doesn't even get put on the Webb, so I dropped it.

What does yours cost ??

Thanks Blue M

I use the free version of Browsec, works fine for me, streams ok most of the time, download speeds are decent enough but I'm in no hurry, it would take me four or five years to catch up with the programmes I've saved already!

I couldn't get on to TV Chaos as one place said closed for sign-ips and another needs a referal and code.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody seen The i-land?

From Wiki:

"Ten people wake up on the beach of what appears to be a deserted tropical island. None of them have any memory of who they are or how they got there, and each takes on the name that is printed on their clothes tags. The group make initial attempts to band together, but differing priorities and strong personalities cause some of them to clash. In particular, Chase, who wants to investigate the island, doesn't get along with KC, who is suspicious of Chase's ability to find resources, and Brody, who attempts to rape Chase."

Can it be as bad as the IMDb score of 4.9 suggests?

13 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Anybody seen The i-land?

From Wiki:

"Ten people wake up on the beach of what appears to be a deserted tropical island. None of them have any memory of who they are or how they got there, and each takes on the name that is printed on their clothes tags. The group make initial attempts to band together, but differing priorities and strong personalities cause some of them to clash. In particular, Chase, who wants to investigate the island, doesn't get along with KC, who is suspicious of Chase's ability to find resources, and Brody, who attempts to rape Chase."

Can it be as bad as the IMDb score of 4.9 suggests?

Certainly not ,tried it ,its worse . 4.9 is far to high .

Watched the movie, "The Keeper" and it was very good, and as I don't want to give anything away I will say that it is about a German POW in England and his love of a local girl and football. Excellent and enjoyable.

It has some German spoken early on, so see if you can find a download which includes subtitles for the non-English parts. 

1 hour ago, JimmyJ said:

It's worth having a VPN everywhere for everything you do on the net, for computer and phone.

That's a matter of opinion JimmyJ..............as the man with one leg would say,

Just downloaded "The Who: Live at Kilburn 1977"    Shot in 35mm, this holy grail for fans has been digitally restored and remastered in high-definition, It was used as the sound track for Jeff Stein's film, The Kids Are Alright, turned out to be one of the last live performances by drummer Keith Moon,   So after a few beers I'll crank it up and give the Temple across the road a taste of its own medicine.

Also catching up on some past stuff that I missed....... "Ordinary Lies
Ordinary Lies is a British drama television. The six-part series is set in the warehouse of a sports goods company based in Wales.
 Has a number of workers who each hold a very dark secret. As each episode unfolds, and each characters story is revealed, it becomes clear just how fast secrets can be revealed and the shocking aftermaths that can follow. 

19 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

That's a matter of opinion JimmyJ..............as the man with one leg would say,

Just downloaded "The Who: Live at Kilburn 1977"    Shot in 35mm, this holy grail for fans has been digitally restored and remastered in high-definition, It was used as the sound track for Jeff Stein's film, The Kids Are Alright, turned out to be one of the last live performances by drummer Keith Moon,   So after a few beers I'll crank it up and give the Temple across the road a taste of its own medicine.

Also catching up on some past stuff that I missed....... "Ordinary Lies
Ordinary Lies is a British drama television. The six-part series is set in the warehouse of a sports goods company based in Wales.
 Has a number of workers who each hold a very dark secret. As each episode unfolds, and each characters story is revealed, it becomes clear just how fast secrets can be revealed and the shocking aftermaths that can follow. 

did you see me there? in the audience? good show wasnt it happy days , i saw the Who when they first started out back in the early 60s , Keith kept dropping his drumsticks ,actually had a drink with him we were both quite young ,i was just lucky to be sitting next to him and talked for about 10 mins they were just on the brink of becoming famous ,.

I saw them at Charlton Athletic football ground '74 and '76.

Outstanding shows. I think one was the loudest ever recorded up till then and the other was the first time lasers had been used at a concert. But I could be wrong about that.

There were also some great support acts at those concerts.

Thank you to the person(s) who recommended "Spiral" ("Engrenages") French miniseries.

I'm always afraid a cop miniseries will be glorifying them, but this one is not about that - at least after 4 episodes of Season 1.

It's captured my attention.

53 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Thank you to the person(s) who recommended "Spiral" ("Engrenages") French miniseries.

I'm always afraid a cop miniseries will be glorifying them, but this one is not about that - at least after 4 episodes of Season 1.

It's captured my attention.

Spiral is great.

I've just managed to find season 7 on the SBS website.

Another excellent French series is Braquo.

Series 3 of the Resident has just started ,all the usual places , Billy Connolys ,Great American Trail 3 ep is good , and for us Brits 2 series of Britains most historic towns ,is really interesting ,if you like stuff like that ,and the Professor who presents it is nothing like the teachers i had ,she is a right cracker .

1 minute ago, tifino said:

Ong Bak 2 Image result for ong bak 2 

on aussie SBS at the moment...

plenty of the bad guys biting the dust... ( ummm... mud)  ne of those blood'n'guts movies that you lose track of the snuff count... every minute!

Couldn't be a higher count than John Wick 3.

Inside Prison: Britain Behind Bars

New 4 part series.

Episode 1 out there now.

Summary: A new four-part documentary series for ITV will offer viewers a sharp insight into the harsh realities of
life for thousands of inmates and staff in six prisons across the UK.

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

New 4 part series.

Episode 1 out there now.

Summary: A new four-part documentary series for ITV will offer viewers a sharp insight into the harsh realities of

Seems to be a spate of these Brit prison docos recently. Can't recall name but I watched one recently about prisoners who have indeterminate sentences, can be kept in for life unless show signs of improvement to be released into society.

42 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Anyone found a download for Mr Mercedes S03E03? It was released 2 days ago but I can't find a copy anywhere.

A few downloads dropped about 7 hours ago on Lime.

Not sure if it's episode 3 as it only says season 3, but wouldn't

hurt to download one and have a look.

In my experience, Lime usually has stuff earlier that TPB and RAR.

25 minutes ago, Will27 said:

A few downloads dropped about 7 hours ago on Lime.

Not sure if it's episode 3 as it only says season 3, but wouldn't

hurt to download one and have a look.

In my experience, Lime usually has stuff earlier that TPB and RAR.

Thanks, but think it's episode 2.

On 9/19/2019 at 7:55 PM, Nemises said:

New Brad Pitt space movie “Ad Astra”. Was it any good? Not sure because I slept through most of it. Maybe others who manage to stay awake can advise if it was any good emoji3.png

Saw it on Wednesdays and had trouble keeping awake towards the end. This is supposedly Brad Pitt's tilt at an Oscar. If he gets one it will be because Hollywood thinks it is his time, Hollywood being Hollywood. A well timed rant against Trump should clinch it.

Back to Ad Astra, which started promisingly but got progressively worse. At over 2 hours the film is too long, yet what looked to be promising characters from Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland and Liv Tyler have been savagely curtailed to maintain sole focus on Pitt. His character is supposed to be calmness in a crisis personified but just ends up being plain dull.

I see Nemises wasted 220 Baht of his money, just 60 for me in Patts with my Major discount card.

On 9/27/2019 at 1:04 PM, Will27 said:

New 4 part series.

Episode 1 out there now.

Why have they filmed it for the small (square) screen? Even mobiles have widescreen now. Looked like it was filmed in 1979.

Saw it on Wednesdays and had trouble keeping awake towards the end. This is supposedly Brad Pitt's tilt at an Oscar. If he gets one it will be because Hollywood thinks it is his time, Hollywood being Hollywood. A well timed rant against Trump should clinch it. Back to Ad Astra, which started promisingly but got progressively worse. At over 2 hours the film is too long, yet what looked to be promising characters from Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland and Liv Tyler have been savagely curtailed to maintain sole focus on Pitt. His character is supposed to be calmness in a crisis personified but just ends up being plain dull.

I see Nemises wasted 220 Baht of his money, just 60 for me in Patts with my Major discount card.

Sorry to ruin your story, but I never “wasted” 220 baht. Read my post again because I said I slept through the movie. It was the best 220 baht I’ve ever paid for such a good, air-conditioned sleep after a long, hot day out and about in BKK.

60 baht cheap Charlie tickets? No thanks, not that skint.

Tv series - Appropriate Adult

Came across this one the other day on RARBG.
Thought it was quite good.

Summary: Dramatisation of the case of serial killers Fred and Rose West, focusing on the way in which

they were brought to justice.

Archived