What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

10 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Tv series - Appropriate Adult

Came across this one the other day on RARBG.
Thought it was quite good.

Summary: Dramatisation of the case of serial killers Fred and Rose West, focusing on the way in which

they were brought to justice.

I watched it over a year ago. It was a good production.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why have they filmed it for the small (square) screen? Even mobiles have widescreen now. Looked like it was filmed in 1979.
It is filmed in wide screen. Your download may have it encoded to show a square screen but everyone will look thinner than they are. Just adjust your video player settings to change it to wide screen.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Another new series starting last week, Prodigal Son, looks decent.

"Malcolm Bright is a gifted criminal psychologist, using his twisted genius to help the NYPD solve crimes and stop killers, all while dealing with a manipulative mother, a serial killer father still looking to bond with his prodigal son and his own constantly evolving neuroses. Bright's only ally is his sister, Ainsley, a TV journalist who wishes her brother would take a break from murder and have a normal life. Unfortunately for his sister, the only way Bright feels normal is by solving cases with the help of his longtime mentor, NYPD Detective Gil Arroyo. Arroyo's one of the best detectives around, and he expects no less from his team, which includes Detective JT Tarmel, a born-and-bred New Yorker who questions whether Bright is a psychopath himself."

"Godfather of Harlem" = Worthless.

Not as rock bottom awful as "Hustlers" is by reputation (has JellO ever been in a successful film?), but bad in every way.

Was ready to quit after about 5 minutes. Hope springs eternal, and I lasted perhaps 30 minutes.

Terrible script, direction, acting, music choices all wrong (50's - I think - Harlem - or early 60's) and they're using rap music during the transitions).

12 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Not as rock bottom awful as "Hustlers" is by reputation (has JellO ever been in a successful film?), but bad in every way.

Was ready to quit after about 5 minutes. Hope springs eternal, and I lasted perhaps 30 minutes.

Terrible script, direction, acting, music choices all wrong (50's - I think - Harlem - or early 60's) and they're using rap music during the transitions).

Forest Whitaker is normally in decent movies, but I'll trust your judgement and give it a miss.

10 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Each to their own I guess.

I enjoyed episode 1.

Vincent D'Onofrio is great as Chin Gigante.

Looking forward to episode 2.

20 hours ago, faraday said:

Is Fauda S3 available anywhere?

And btw, The Bureau will have a season 5!

Word on the Soi is that season 3 of Fauda will start in Israel in November.

Netflix to release it around March next year.

The Bureau late 2020.

Movie - El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

Interested to see if this will be ok or if it's just cashing in on the name.
Summary: Picking up moments after the series finale of Breaking Bad ends, Aaron Paul is back as Jesse Pinkman in El Camino.

Released next week.

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Movie - El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

Interested to see if this will be ok or if it's just cashing in on the name.
Summary: Picking up moments after the series finale of Breaking Bad ends, Aaron Paul is back as Jesse Pinkman in El Camino.

Released next week.

Thanks.

Breaking Bad would be in my top 5 shows so I hope this lives up to it.

11 hours ago, Will27 said:

I enjoyed episode 1.

If you like Vincent D'Onofrio and crime thrillers, watch 2002 movie The Salton Sea.  he is a bad guy.

If you like Vincent D'Onofrio and crime thrillers, watch 2002 movie The Salton Sea.  he is a bad guy.

Looks good.

Not to be confused with a 2016 movie with exactly the same name but a totally different story ????

In fact “ Salton Sea “ is the title of a few movies, shorts, series and a documentary !!

Watched the movie, "The Motorcycle Diaries" last night and I had seen it before many years ago but this time round, I realised much more clearly, how Che Guevara had formed his Communist views.... "He is a symbol of radical revolution for those who are underrepresented because of capitalistic society" and this became very clear in the latter stages of the film.

All in all it was a very enjoyable movie and I'm so glad that I watched it again......it has subtitles in English.

"I don't feel at home in this world anymore"

Started off dull then ended in one of the most excessive bloodbaths I've ever seen.

Worth watching.

Pennyworth series just ended with him banging Queen Liz in a one night stand.

Also watching TV series "Evil", and "The Capture", and Sanditon", and "Stumptown"

On 2/2/2019 at 7:36 PM, JimmyJ said:

I hope that is revealed early in the film and that you didn't give away the ending - haven't seen the film yet, and knew nothing about Marie Colvin, although now I know she was killed in Syria before I've seen the film.

are you serious?

common knowledge of historical events is hardly a spoiler.

not sure how you manage to watch war films or book adaptations. 

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

"I don't feel at home in this world anymore"

Started off dull then ended in one of the most excessive bloodbaths I've ever seen.

Worth watching.

Pennyworth series just ended with him banging Queen Liz in a one night stand.

Also watching TV series "Evil", and "The Capture", and Sanditon", and "Stumptown"

pennyworth started out strong, but alfred lost all likeabilty and to me the show lost its charm.

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Watched the movie, "The Motorcycle Diaries" last night and I had seen it before many years ago but this time round, I realised much more clearly, how Che Guevara had formed his Communist views.... "He is a symbol of radical revolution for those who are underrepresented because of capitalistic society" and this became very clear in the latter stages of the film.

All in all it was a very enjoyable movie and I'm so glad that I watched it again......it has subtitles in English.

Great film.

"I had seen it before many years ago but this time round, I realised much more clearly, how Che Guevara had formed his Communist views...."

And very subtle.

I loved it the first time I saw it. Hadn't read anything about it - I try not to know anything in advance - and didn't realize who the lead character was.

It hit me on a 2nd viewing.

14 hours ago, Will27 said:

I enjoyed episode 1.

I appreciate yours and everybody else's recommendations.

I don't like the vast majority, but I don't watch much of the ones that don't work for me.

Then, every once in awhile I come across a show - mainly miniseries which I never used to watch - that grabs me, which I wouldn't have watched if it wasn't for this forum.

Archived