What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Following on from the excellent "A Confession' true story about the murder of a girl in Swindon, I see there's also a documentary available about the same case: 'To Catch A Serial Killer with Trevor McDonald 2018'

The Americans have also picked up on it and re doing their own version on  crime investigation TV station ....number 73 in Issan

22 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Following on from the excellent "A Confession' true story about the murder of a girl in Swindon, I see there's also a documentary available about the same case: 'To Catch A Serial Killer with Trevor McDonald 2018'

If you watched the doc you wouldn't bother with A Confession, it's pretty much a copy of the real thing. There's also an episode of See No Evil that's very good as well.

Tv series - Treadstone

Just started today.
The reviews haven't been good.

Summary: The Treadstone project, having created super spy Jason Bourne, turns its attention on a new protocol to develop unstoppable superhuman assassins.

On 10/14/2019 at 10:04 AM, xylophone said:

Dowloaded and watched a doco last night called "Game Changers" and it was very interesting and threw new light on the meat vs vegetarian diets

That was a well put together Doco-----really worth a look.... thanks

6 hours ago, Will27 said:

Tv series - Treadstone

Just started today.

Summary: The Treadstone project, having created super spy Jason Bourne, turns its attention on a new protocol to develop unstoppable superhuman assassins.

IMDB gives Treadstone 8.4  Will download the first episode and watch.

BTW - El Camino:A Breaking Bad movie, is Down to 7.7 

El camino was a bust IMO.  could have been a single 50 minute episode.  A couple of interesting cameo flashbacks, Walter for 4.5 minutes, his girlfriend Jane for about 1 minute. 

3 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

IMDB gives Treadstone 8.4  Will download the first episode and watch.

IMDB is totally meaningless for newly released with limited votes as those voting tend to be fans/cast rather than the viewing public.  Give it a few weeks to get more reliable numbers.  

9 hours ago, Will27 said:

Tv series - Treadstone

Just started today.

Just watched it and I thought it was excellent,going to be a good series i think.

regards worgeordie

TV-Show Treadstone.

Treadstone ended 18 years ago but it was too big to ignore. Too funny.

Gave it 2/10. Really wish they hadn't.

Quote>
As these sleeper agents are waking up, the bigger picture will probably be just who is doing the waking and for what nefarious purpose. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to figure out if a half-baked idea from a fully baked movie franchise is really worth your time given everything else that's on.

I found Treadstone excellent. Love how they've kept the intensity of the fight scenes

just like the Bourne films.

Another excellent indie film is Pig Hag....if you're curious about hw relationships 

work with all the tinders and Grindrs, this is for you.

Dublin Murders....Im finding this hard work...Im usually good with accents...even Scottish ones

but this one...maybe I need to turn up the volume....long bits where nothing really happens.

Might have done better in Danish.

10 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I found Treadstone excellent. Love how they've kept the intensity of the fight scenes

just like the Bourne films.

Another excellent indie film is Pig Hag....if you're curious about hw relationships 

work with all the tinders and Grindrs, this is for you.

Dublin Murders....Im finding this hard work...Im usually good with accents...even Scottish ones

but this one...maybe I need to turn up the volume....long bits where nothing really happens.

Might have done better in Danish.

Should be mandatory to have subs for English, Scottish, Irish and Welsh movies and TV series. Dublin Murders has all the makings of a good series except I can't understand half of what's said.

Pig Hag I gave away after 20 minutes, big turn off watching the morbidly obese half naked.

Just finished Better Caul Saul, previously Breaking Bad and before that Star Trek Discovery.

Any new series you guys could recommend? I watch only on Netflix.

Started with Money Heist but couldn't catch me that much.

Maybe Narcos?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, CLW said:

Just finished Better Caul Saul, previously Breaking Bad and before that Star Trek Discovery.

Maybe Narcos?

Barry and Get Shorty for a start, then there's always The Handmaids Tale, Mr Mercedes and Billions.

3 minutes ago, CLW said:

Maybe Narcos?

Breaking Bad was excellent, I guess you've probably seen Fargo, Tin Star and Ozark? Mayans, a spin-off from Sons of Anarchy is in the middle of S2.

How are you with Subtitles? Gommorah is great if you've not seen that?

Breaking Bad was excellent, I guess you've probably seen Fargo, Tin Star and Ozark? Mayans, a spin-off from Sons of Anarchy is in the middle of S2.

How are you with Subtitles? Gommorah is great if you've not seen that?
None of those mentioned I have seen.
Are they all available on Netflix?

Subtitles are okay for me.

1 hour ago, CLW said:

None of those mentioned I have seen.
Are they all available on Netflix?

Subtitles are okay for me.

Not sure about Netflix but I'd be surprised if they're not. They're on TPB etc, allegedly.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:33 AM, Will27 said:

Giri/Haji

This new one from the Beeb starts this week.
Looks interesting.

Summary: A detective from Tokyo scours London for his missing brother, who's been involved with the Yakuza and accused of murder.

Enjoyed episode 1 of this one.

All 8 episodes have now dropped.

7 hours ago, CLW said:

Maybe Narcos?

Ozark.

That reminds me to look for the Season 3 release date.

5 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

lime torrents .

I tried clicking on those links, I think they are fake. One was trying to get me to download something else before I could get to the actual link and I had a hell of a job getting rid of it. I doubt if there would only be one torrent site where it was available, it's not an obscure series.

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I tried clicking on those links, I think they are fake. One was trying to get me to download something else before I could get to the actual link and I had a hell of a job getting rid of it. I doubt if there would only be one torrent site where it was available, it's not an obscure series.

Indeed those are sponsored links and advertising (the bill payers) - not torrents - there are no torrents of that available on lime yet

On 10/18/2019 at 6:40 PM, Blue Muton said:

Sadly later than previously expected, its now rumoured to be the middle of next year, but filming is due to finish shortly.

Something to look forward to then !!

I really enjoyed the first 2 series of Ozark

Archived