What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/29/2019 at 10:47 AM, bluesofa said:

Thanks. Found it and d/l OK.

I noticed that every time I find something on KAT it says I have to sign up for a free account. I'm always very wary of that.

Oddly enough E06 d/l OK. I just looked at the end of the programme and see E06 isn't the last one, there's a teaser for E07.

Tried to d/l E07 on KAT and it went back to the normal 'sign up for a free account"

I don't know why E06 came down OK though?

all 7 available on 'magnetdl.'

15 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Whatever happened to the 3rd part of the War of the Worlds on the Beeb ??

i understand it wasn't great but i've dl'ed the first 2 episodes and would like to binge all 3 .

On IMDb the 3rd episode apparently screened on Oct 20th but there isn't a thumbnail photo and i can't find it anywhere.

Hi Andrew

If you have already downloaded the first 2 episodes [uploaded by FiHTV etc] then you have downloaded the whole series. It was broadcast on NZ TV in 2 parts and not 3. 

27 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Hi Andrew

If you have already downloaded the first 2 episodes [uploaded by FiHTV etc] then you have downloaded the whole series. It was broadcast on NZ TV in 2 parts and not 3. 

I was confused as on IMDb it shows 3 episodes !, but reading the info on episode 2 it says “ epic conclusion “ so you must be right.

Thanks

On 10/29/2019 at 8:07 AM, Will27 said:

Tv series - Praemar

Came across this one on RAR the other day.

Really enjoying it.

The eye candy doesn't hurt either.

Summary: Mr. Velasco is a successful businessman who, after a risky transaction, loses everything and ends up bankrupt.

The former executive will discover the profitable world of the informal economy on the beaches of Rio de Janeiro.

Nice trailer.  I can't seem to find anything that any seeds, just a couple big files with a single leacher.

On 12/5/2018 at 8:42 AM, Will27 said:

For those asking about series 5 of Luther, it's starting on January 1st

and will play out every night for the rest of the week.

Four episodes in all.

Here's the latest trailer.

Gave up watching this as it turned out all the bad guys, criminals and thugs were white. Total BS as anyone who's been to London knows.

12 minutes ago, H1w4yR1da said:

Gave up watching this as it turned out all the bad guys, criminals and thugs were white. Total BS as anyone who's been to London knows.

Maybe you should give The Wire a crack.

The crims are all black:whistling:

Last night I watched "The Chaperone" and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It is a slow moving movie and it's worth just sticking with it and seeing some of the twists and turns which unfold, not alarmingly or bloodthirsty, but a drama which could in many ways, reflect life, and it was "inspired by true events".

Also watched "The Nightingale" the other evening and even though that does get a little bloodthirsty, it is in keeping with the movie, and it is set in Tasmania in the colonial era where the Brits were no more than common criminals, and where the aborigines were treated abominably and murdered willy-nilly.

Just finished ,on Netflix  Criminal , set in a police interview room ,and for some reason set in the UK, France, Germany  and Spain ,all the same interview room ? .

All different  cases, the third Spanish one ......... .

One of Netflix  own made ,one of they better ones .

If you are in crime things watch this one ,but do not buy a coffee from they machine ,cups not even half full .

ok movie buffs .....  can someone tell me the name of the movie where the gangster mafia mob walk into the Café or bar and there is silence for a few seconds before a song starts playing on the juke box and then the shootout happens and the mob inside the café or bar are all killed. 

I think it was either Goodfellas or one of the Godfather movies but I'm not quite sure.  

anyway, the movie name has got me stumped and the song that played when the shooting started, it only lasts for 5-10 seconds and they are all dead.

On 10/7/2019 at 1:59 PM, Skallywag said:

Walter Goggins is a great actor IMO, especially in Justified.  In Sons if Anarchy he was hilarious.  

May give the Unicorn a try since you say it is watchable.  Tried watching The Righteous Gemstones, because of Walter and others in the cast, but was disappointed

walton.

Shot in 1972 but recently released after her death.  Aretha at top of her game when she was 30 years old.  True "Americana" ... black gospel music that is just incredibly stirring even for those us that ain't that religious.  I was a bit surprised to see Mick and Charlie of Rolling Stones in attendance (Day 2 of two days recording/filming).

Per Wikipedia, 

Amazing Grace is a live gospel album by American soul singer Aretha Franklin. It was recorded in January 1972 at the New Temple Missionary Baptish Church in Los Angeles, with Reverend James Cleveland and the Southern California Community Choir accompanying Franklin in performance. The recording was originally released as a double album on June 1, 1972, by Atlantic Records.

The album was a critical and commercial success, selling over two million copies in the United States alone and earning a double platinum certification. It also won Franklin the 1973 Grammy Award for Best Soul Gospel Performance. As of 2017, it stands as the biggest selling disc of Franklin's entire fifty-plus year recording career as well as the highest-selling live gospel music album of all time.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4935462/

AMAZING GRACE - Official Trailer - Aretha Franklin Concert Film

Tv series - Bouncers

Episode 1 has just dropped on Lime.

Summary:  In this hard-hitting opener, Marek and Greg help to tackle nocturnal lawlessness, from restraining mouthy punters to
looking after semi-conscious drunks.

Tv series - Smuggled

Episode 1 is out there on Lime.

Summary: As the UK prepares to ‘take back control’ of its borders and end freedom of movement for EU citizens, Channel 4 has commissioned a new two-part series exploring how effective Britain’s border security really is.

The security of the UK’s frontiers is a major political concern, but very little is known by the public about how easy it really is to clandestinely enter Britain.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/channel-4s-controversial-documentary-smuggled-20808237

Archived