What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

4 hours ago, roo860 said:

I watched Schindlers List for the first time last night. What made it more poignant for me was I visited both Auswitz camps last month.

Speaking of Schindlers List, all 5 episodes of The Devil Next Door have dropped.

Summary: A Cleveland grandfather is brought to trial in Israel, accused of being the infamous Nazi death camp guard known as Ivan the Terrible

Episode 1 was really good.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just downloaded the first episode of  His Dark materials , a sort of supernatural series with talking animals etc , i believe its one of the most expensive series ever made , its well made and the acting was good , i managed 20 minutes and was bored stiff .

20 hours ago, Will27 said:

Speaking of Schindlers List, all 5 episodes of The Devil Next Door have dropped.

Summary: A Cleveland grandfather is brought to trial in Israel, accused of being the infamous Nazi death camp guard known as Ivan the Terrible

Episode 1 was really good.

Handy to know where it's available.

Did anyone mention yet that 

End of the f - word world is back! 

Based on the season 1 finale it certainly seemed finished. 

But it's not. 

First episode of season 2 was great. 

Who said the Golden age of television is over? 

1 minute ago, Daffy D said:

Another season of The Curse of Oak Island has started.

It must be costing those Lagina brothers a fortune, hope it's worth it for them and they do actually find a treasure. 

It's all a myth, the only money they make is giving gullible tourists a guided tour.

38 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It's all a myth, the only money they make is giving gullible tourists a guided tour.

Yea well that's what it's about, myth or reality?

I remember reading the Readers Digest story on Oak Island way back in my youth. I sure would like to know if there is actually anything down there. 

As for making money from gullible tourists,  just take a look how much money they have poured into the project over the years, doubt the money from tourists would even cover a fraction of their costs.

13 hours ago, Daffy D said:

As for making money from gullible tourists,  just take a look how much money they have poured into the project over the years, doubt the money from tourists would even cover a fraction of their costs.

Don't forget the TV "reality" show. Check this out, there's also a part 2.

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

But it's not. 

Watched all episodes of season 2 ,i loved it .

On 11/6/2019 at 3:45 PM, Jingthing said:

But it's not. 

Really enjoyed end of the <deleted> world 2

Also watched  Black mirror series 5

some good tv at the moment

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

Anyone else find The Dublin Murders pretty hard going?

Yes, it had the makings of a decent crime thriller until the writer started using Yabba ... I got to episiode 6 on account of not being as smart as the guy above who ditched it at 4.

watching the new Netflix documentary about John Demjanjuk, allegedly the operator of the gas chamber at Treblinka. 

The first few episodes of series 2 of Britannia are out, we quite enjoyed series one so are hoping the second lives up to it. If you're looking for historical authenticity over entertainment then this is probably not the show for you.

Synopsis from Wiki:

"Set in AD 43, the series follows the Roman conquest of Britain — "a mysterious land ruled by wild warrior women and powerful druids who can channel the powerful forces of the underworld." Celtic rivals Kerra and Antedia must work together to fight off the Roman invasion led by Aulus Plautius."

Are there any Pink Floyd fans here?

If so, you just gotta see Roger Waters: The Wall (2014). IMDB link

I watched it last night in 1080p and DTS... just awesome!

RW_the wall.jpg

From an IMDB movie review:

Ex-Pink Floyd bassist/ co-singer Roger Waters delves into some of his motivations for writing The Wall, specifically the war-related death of his own father at a very early age, and his father's loss of his own father in an earlier war. Very moving footage of Waters travelling to Anzio in the present day, to the actual scene of the battle in which his father died during, and going to his grandfather's grave with his own adult kids is shown between footage of several concerts, in the UK, Italy, Greece, and Argentina, edited together to give us a full and complete live rendition of all 26 songs from The Wall, as well as two extra songs (the unreleased More Bricks In The Wall, and a favourite of mine, What Shall We Do Now?) performed live, as The Wall is progressively built between Waters' band, and the audiences, and as animation and graphics are projected and dance on The Wall.

This is preceded by a very well done filmed intro by Liam Neeson, describing his reaction to hearing The Wall for the first time, and his experience seeing the subsequent shows Pink Floyd staged in London in February of 1980, which brought back memories of the two times in 2010 that I saw Waters perform The Wall (in Tampa and Atlanta). Complete with dominant, overbearing Mother, derisive schoolmarm, dive bombers, and cracking thin ice of modern life, and marching hammers, it was one of the most amazing concerts I've ever seen (second only to Waters' own Dark Side Of The Moon tours, from 2006 and 2007, which I saw in Cleveland, LA, Hong Kong and Shanghai, Dubai, Zurich, Rio, and Philadelphia- I even met Waters and his band a couple of times. Waters, his then sax player Ian Ritchie, and guitarist Dave Kilminster was especially cordial, even going so far as to walk around the stands before the show, talking with people and taking photos with fans)

It brought back incredible memories of foreign countries and peoples, who might not even know any other words in the English language other than the words to The Wall, which they belt out right back to the band every night. The Wall's songs of isolation and loneliness are what those millions of people have in common.

Comfortably Numb was a highlight, musically and lyrically; one of the finest songs ever recorded, and it sounds even better when performed live.

This partially autobiographical concert film is rounded off with an interview session with Waters and Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason.

My only complaint, and it's a MAJOR one, is the film began with an incredibly lengthy intro, a grey brick wall, very slowly moving to the left, very slowly, to very slowly reveal the phrase, "Please take your seats the show is about to begin", which had various non-Floyd/ Waters songs playing while it happened, and lasted for nearly 20 minutes. It was like a bad opening act who overstayed their welcome.

If you like Pink Floyd, do yourself a favour... watch this film. :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Yes, it had the makings of a decent crime thriller until the writer started using Yabba ... I got to episiode 6 on account of not being as smart as the guy above who ditched it at 4.

watching the new Netflix documentary about John Demjanjuk, allegedly the operator of the gas chamber at Treblinka. 

The Devil Next Door is excellent.

2 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Are there any Pink Floyd fans here?

If so, you just gotta see Roger Waters: The Wall (2014). IMDB link

I watched it last night in 1080p and DTS... just awesome!

RW_the wall.jpg

If you like Pink Floyd, do yourself a favour... watch this film. :thumbsup:

Like Pink Floyd, yet the David Gilmour reincarnations have all been better than those by Roger Waters musically IMO.   

Richard Wright and Nick Mason played with David, not Roger for a reason I think. 

Will take a look as I do like "the Pink Floyd sound" as Syd named them in the beginning I believe 

The war of the worlds 2019,a French /British series not taken from the novel ,just watched ep1 seems quite good ,,but if downloading beware many  ones saying 2019 are in fact the Edwardian rubbish version(sorry my take on it) but you can download the whole series 

23 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

The first few episodes of series 2 of Britannia are out, we quite enjoyed series one so are hoping the second lives up to it. If you're looking for historical authenticity over entertainment then this is probably not the show for you.

Synopsis from Wiki:

"Set in AD 43, the series follows the Roman conquest of Britain — "a mysterious land ruled by wild warrior women and powerful druids who can channel the powerful forces of the underworld." Celtic rivals Kerra and Antedia must work together to fight off the Roman invasion led by Aulus Plautius."

I just watched the trailor ,Serious question ,is it a comedy series?

On 10/28/2019 at 1:41 PM, Daffy D said:

Yea! Been watching that  :thumbsup:

For something really scary there was Ice Road Truckers, but don't know what happend to that.

Maybe they did all fall through the ice :w00t: 

Drove the Ice Road North of Yellowknife to the diamond mines for 8 seasons.

the cow dung they spew on that show is unreal

Ice Road.jpg

Minus 46.jpg

Misery.jpg

Raven.jpg

Archived