What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

Watched, "Danger Close" about Australian and New Zealand soldiers face overwhelming odds as they fight for their lives during the Battle of Long Tan in Vietnam.

As it happens a friend of mine from NZ was Battery Commander in that battle and was in charge of the guns firing on the enemy to keep them away from the soldiers positions.

He said that it was quite a harrowing time because it called for some very accurate shelling, and on many occasions the relentless firing of the guns made the barrels are so hot that you could not even stand near the guns because of the heat.

Eventually they began to run out of shells and had to call in helicopters to restock them.

Thankfully the casualties were comparatively low, this especially in light of the huge enemy numbers attacking them.

He was awarded a medal after that battle, but it was many years after the occasion I believe.

That added a little "interest" to the film, however it was well worth watching anyway.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/12/2019 at 9:58 PM, Orton Rd said:

Just went to see midway which is a very impressive action war film of the battle in the pacific 1942. Surprisingly no black actors cast, pretty sure there must have been a few in the USA navy in the war?

I think all the pilots were probably assigned to the air force. Ie. Tuskegee Airmen and served in the European theatre.

On 11/14/2019 at 12:51 PM, giddyup said:

The show he's talking about is from 1996. What are you on about?

If I read correctly he wanted to know where to download a 23 year old movie. If in 2019 he doesn't know from whence to do that he must either be or has been living under a rock. As I said. 

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

If I read correctly he wanted to know where to download a 23 year old movie. If in 2019 he doesn't know from whence to do that he must either be or has been living under a rock. As I said. 

FYI there are many download sites, not all of them have movies or series that old, and if they do there's no S & L's, so won't download. That's why I asked. Any more not so smart comments you want to make?

21 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Anyone seen the new Tv series The.Mandalorian.....has good reviews and over 9.1 on IMDB.......its in the usual places Rarbg etc....I have not seen yet.... Just finding not enough time in the day to catch up with the old stuff, before I even view the new.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8111088/

Saw Chapter 1 and 2 is out now. First episode was watchable. I am looking forward to more in Chapter 2. 

Side note new series of "The Crown" is starting on Sunday on Netflix and the reviews I read shows it to be very good, New cast this time.

On 11/5/2019 at 7:42 PM, faraday said:

Official Secrets is available; some good reviews, & a serious role for Keira.

Yep...good flic....this is what a real whistleblower looks like.

Enjoying The Impeachment Show...Vice does it's best not to look

rabidly biased...appreciate the balance.

Some other good stuff:

Earthquake Bird....set in Tokyo about a love triangle and some shady goings on. 

Alicia Vikander is lovely as usual.

The Tobacconist...about a young man who moves from a village in Austria to Vienna

where he runs into Freud, at a time of rising German aggression. Stars Bruno Granz

as well.

The Morning Show....one of apple's better shows....about the #metoo saga unravelling at

a morning network show. Timely and entertaining and tackles a complex issue.

Downloaded and watched (again) the movie, "The man from the earth".

I did this mainly because I find it quite an intriguing movie and although there is no action in it, because the movie takes place in someone's cabin, there is plenty to occupy the mind.

On that score, look out for some very feasible explanations as to what happened in certain aspects of religion and history, right back to the beginning of time itself – – slow start, but stay with it because in the end it is a movie that (IMO) stays with you because of its viewpoints and possible alternative explanations.

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Watched "Clean Break" on Netflix the last few days---just 4 episodes, set in Ireland--Bank robbery/kidnapping and a couple  of murders, with a nice twist at the end, its a 2015 --so maybe hard to get.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4183980/?ref_=nv_sr_3?ref_=nv_sr_3

You'll find it with a magnet.

24 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

That's odd.

I have qBittorrent. I d/l it from magnet at 13:07 this afternoon. Right now, it shows 6 seeds.

Are you downloading the whole series or individual episodes? Just had another look, some episodes have only one or max of two s and L's others have none.

7 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

The whole series, as I haven't seen any of it before.

I can't even see the whole series only individual episodes. Why is that?? Beg pardon, the whole series is there but only ,2 seeds no leechers.

11 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I can't even see the whole series only individual episodes. Why is that?? Beg pardon, the whole series is there but only ,2 seeds no leechers.

Yes, I agree. Surely if there are two seeds, they are the whole file available.

Right now on my qBittorrent, it shows 2 peers, 5 seeds and I person leeching off me.

29 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Yes, I agree. Surely if there are two seeds, they are the whole file available.

Right now on my qBittorrent, it shows 2 peers, 5 seeds and I person leeching off me.

OK, thanks, I'll see how it goes.

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

But 1 seed and no leeches, or vice versa. It will never download in qBittorrent.

It's showing 2 seeds on Magnet DL and with Utorrent it showed about 3 seeds and 2 peers and finished quickly about 12 minutes.

Just got around to watching The first episode of seven worlds, one planet - A bbc wildlife series in 4th episode.

Having grown up with David Attenborough on a Sunday night, you know a BBC Earth production is going to be amazing. 

Archived