What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

6 hours ago, recom273 said:

Just got around to watching The first episode of seven worlds, one planet - A bbc wildlife series in 4th episode.

Having grown up with David Attenborough on a Sunday night, you know a BBC Earth production is going to be amazing. 

A typical show by the Beeb and Attenborough…...sensational.

just watched the episode from my country, Australia.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I insist that everyone watch this one. ????????????

King C  N  U  T

(had to space it out because TV thinks Im swearing....Im not...that is the title ????)

One of the funniest offerings this year. I laughed all the way through it.

A struggling stand up comic gets into a legal tussle with F  C  U  K (fashion label) over

allegations of trademark infringement. True story, done as a documentary.

The Nightcrawlers

Really good doco from National Geographic.

Found it on TPB.

Summary: With unprecedented access, THE NIGHTCRAWLERS follows a small group of determined photojournalists on a mission to expose the true cost of the deadly war on drugs waged by Philippines president, Rodrigo Duterte.

On 11/19/2019 at 11:47 PM, recom273 said:

Just got around to watching The first episode of seven worlds, one planet - A bbc wildlife series in 4th episode.

Having grown up with David Attenborough on a Sunday night, you know a BBC Earth production is going to be amazing. 

Dave Attenborough and Jacque Cousteau with his boat Calypso have really been pioneers in wild life filming.

Bit of a shame that Attenborough is starting to spin climate change with his filming, but maybe that is the price to pay when you work for the BBC.

On 9/24/2019 at 10:34 AM, Will27 said:

Another excellent French series is Braquo.

Much more black and especially not realistic;
" Engrenages " is a much better reflection of the French police and judicial reality.
Even though Braquo was sold to a few foreign countries it has nothing to do with the 75 countries that bought " Engrenages ";
moreover Braquo lasted only 3 seasons;
" Engrenages "  is 7 seasons old and the eighth is shooting.

23 hours ago, roo860 said:

Been to see The Cave, thoroughly enjoyed it. What a amazing rescue, respect to all involved.

25 baht today at major cineplex for all films, chaos, you would have thought they were giving money away lines 40 yards long. Went home and carried on with the Crown series 3, good apart form the actress playing the Queen this time, looks more like Alf Garnets wife Elsie than HM!

Tv series - Who Killed Little Gregory?

I'm watching this series on Netflix and it's excellent.

Not sure if it's available elsewhere.

Summary: When their 4-year-old son is murdered, a young couple fights a twisting and arduous

battle trying to identify a frustratingly elusive killer.

3 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

The Irishman due out today on Netflix.  I've been waiting for this one, it has received great reviews even though it runs 3.5 hours.

I'm looking forward to it as well.

Hope it lives up to all of the hype.

18 hours ago, Will27 said:

Tv series - Who Killed Little Gregory?

I'm watching this series on Netflix and it's excellent.

Not sure if it's available elsewhere.

Summary: When their 4-year-old son is murdered, a young couple fights a twisting and arduous

battle trying to identify a frustratingly elusive killer.

Couldn't hack the dubbed English voice but still hear the French one in the background. Very disconcerting.

My childhood legend is back: Rambo - Last Blood.

Will be looking for the extended version:

Two different versions have been released theatrically. One version is 89 minutes long and has been released in the US and the UK. The other version, released in various countries, is 100 minutes long. The 100 minutes version has a longer opening sequence where Rambo is helping to rescue people caught in a storm. 

22 hours ago, steelepulse said:

The Irishman due out today on Netflix.  I've been waiting for this one, it has received great reviews even though it runs 3.5 hours.

Watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The cast is just amazing.

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

Yes can agree with that.

I downloaded a version that has hard coded subs in Chinese and all the Spanish speaking parts were very annoying to watch as you had no idea what is being said. Overall I enjoyed the movie though. Not bad for a 73 year old keeping his name alive.

Tv series Exit

Really enjoyed episode 1.
First 2 episodes are available on TPB with hard coded subs.

Summary: EXIT is a dark drama series based on true stories from Norway's financial scene. The series takes place inside this secret, exclusive world, where four friends from the west side of Oslo are looking for an exit from their everyday lives.

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi3918249753

18 hours ago, Will27 said:

Tv series - The Team

Found this one on RARBG today.

Lars Mikkelsen is always worth a look.

Summary: A European joint investigation team investigates organized crime across borders in Europe.

Ive seen season 1 a while ago...wonder if this is season 2.

11 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Ive seen season 1 a while ago...wonder if this is season 2.

Both seasons are available.

I assume this trailer is for season one as it's from 2017

and it's says on IMDB that season 2 started in 2018.

Archived