What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cold Call (2019) a mini-series (4 episodes) screened on Channel 5 UK.

I tried searching on this forum, but couldn't find any mention of it.

A crime drama telling the story of a woman scammed over the phone to transferring her bank account balance to fraudsters, and her fight to find them and recover her money.

I found it well written and full of suspense - YMMV of course. On TPB as the full series.

Thought this one was really good.

Kemper On Kemper: How The FBI Invented Serial Killer Profiling

Summary: FBI Special Agent John Douglas and FBI consultant Ann Burgess from the FBI Behavioral Science Unit discuss how interviewing Ed Kemper in prison helped the team innovate ways to investigate serial killers.

Watching the French TV series "War of the Worlds"

(mostly English language soundtrack with a bit of French)

Bloody awful, only an over the hill housewife can kill the alien robots (dog sized).

French police seem to all aim their guns in the air when they shoot, so can't hit the 'easy to kill' slow moving monsters.

Automatic rifles littering the roads, but the good guys can only pick up and miss with hand guns.

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Watching the French TV series "War of the Worlds"

(mostly English language soundtrack with a bit of French)

Bloody awful, only an over the hill housewife can kill the alien robots (dog sized).

French police seem to all aim their guns in the air when they shoot, so can't hit the 'easy to kill' slow moving monsters.

Automatic rifles littering the roads, but the good guys can only pick up and miss with hand guns.

Thought it was quite good ,far better than that awful British version with the bird from Poldark in it ,that was rubbish. 

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

Thought it was quite good ,far better than that awful British version with the bird from Poldark in it ,that was rubbish. 

I'll agree the Brit version was worse than the French one.

Both very dull, I was hoping for more nudity in the French one.

Wild District AKA Distrito Salvaje (with subs) is available on RARBG.

Season 1 was excellent.

Summary: Jhon Jeiver, a lethal guerrilla fighter who escapes from the jungle after the signing and referendum of the Colombian Peace Agreements, arrives in Bogotá escaping from his past, and tries to reinsert himself into society.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8105958/videoplayer/vi1494990105?ref_=tt_pv_vi_aiv_2

On 11/28/2019 at 6:38 AM, Will27 said:

Watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The cast is just amazing.

Yes, I would have to agree with you and I thoroughly enjoyed it, although a friend switched it off early because he said he "couldn't get into it"??. Although it was a long movie and covered quite a few different aspects, I thought it was well enough paced and structured to allow the viewer to follow it without too much hassle.

As "ExpatOilWorker" has said, I also enjoyed the, "Rambo – Last Blood" movie, and I still occasionally hark back to the original one which I thought was quite unique for its time.

I also watched "The Report", which I was a little sceptical about when I read some reviews, however I was so glad I watched it because it was smart and intriguing, and filled in a few holes of my knowledge about the particular time and incidents in the movie.

The BBC "War of the World's" series looks okay and has a different element in it which I am still waiting to see how it pans out.

And as others have said, the David Attenborough serious, or indeed anything he does, is/are just superlative and I have no problem if he embraces climate change, because it is something we should all be looking at in my opinion – – actually I'll rephrase that; it is something that we should all be doing something about, rather than just looking at! 

On 12/1/2019 at 2:31 PM, Will27 said:

Thought this one was really good.

Kemper On Kemper: How The FBI Invented Serial Killer Profiling

Summary: FBI Special Agent John Douglas and FBI consultant Ann Burgess from the FBI Behavioral Science Unit discuss how interviewing Ed Kemper in prison helped the team innovate ways to investigate serial killers.

This will be good....also check out the TV show it inspired...Mindhunters.

One of the best shows ever. 

6 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

This will be good....also check out the TV show it inspired...Mindhunters.

One of the best shows ever. 

Have seen Mindhunters.

After seeing this doco, the actor really nailed the Kemper part.

I have been watching the series "Blacklist" on Netflix for the last few months, yes I know I am behind the times, so addictive, and the only movie I have seen this year is The Irishman, a bit long in the tooth, but with actors like De Niro, Paccino, and Pesci, albeit the boys have aged, which reminds me, I better go look at myself in the mirror, because I know they won't make movies like Scorsese does when we all croak.  

On 12/3/2019 at 12:49 PM, xylophone said:

As "ExpatOilWorker" has said, I also enjoyed the, "Rambo – Last Blood" movie, and I still occasionally hark back to the original one which I thought was quite unique for its time.

Honestly felt Sylvester Stallone did his character proud in this last movie.... 

Wasn't great but I loved First Blood & Rambo (3)

So after reading all the gumpf reviews about Last Blood, I decided pop it on (My turn for movie) & honestly had an awesome evening in watching it [GF Cooked, fetched the Beer etc...].

YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).... I enjoyed it, had a great night in, had Thai subtitles so GF was happy to watch (hit me at the action parts) after the last horror movie she made me select for her to watch (Drag Me To Hell, guarantee if your TGF/TW want to watch scary movie that will scare the s41t out o her)... she was happy 

Exposed: The Case of Keli Lane

This case was huge in Australia.

All 3 episodes out there (RAR).

Summary: In this three-part television event, Caro Meldrum-Hanna investigates one of Australia's most notorious crimes:
the disappearance of baby Tegan Lane and the conviction of her mother Keli Lane of her murder.

http://www.essentialkids.com.au/video/video-entertainment/video-trailers/trailer-exposed-the-case-of-keli-lane-20180917-584a3

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Exposed: The Case of Keli Lane

This case was huge in Australia.

All 3 episodes out there (RAR).

Summary: In this three-part television event, Caro Meldrum-Hanna investigates one of Australia's most notorious crimes:
the disappearance of baby Tegan Lane and the conviction of her mother Keli Lane of her murder.

http://www.essentialkids.com.au/video/video-entertainment/video-trailers/trailer-exposed-the-case-of-keli-lane-20180917-584a3

Have episode 1, plenty of S & L's, but not so episodes 2 and 3.  Episode 1 has me hooked.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:04 AM, giddyup said:

Ad Astra, Brad Pitt and Tommy Lee Jones. Couldn't make it through this snoozefest, ridiculous beyond belief. Pirates on the moon, really?

Did make it through, but after it finished I asked myself, "why"? 

Archived