What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/1/2019 at 2:31 PM, Will27 said:

Thought this one was really good.

Kemper On Kemper: How The FBI Invented Serial Killer Profiling

Summary: FBI Special Agent John Douglas and FBI consultant Ann Burgess from the FBI Behavioral Science Unit discuss how interviewing Ed Kemper in prison helped the team innovate ways to investigate serial killers.

This looks fascinating and I tried to find it on my normal streaming apps (Morph & Typhoon) but cannot find, can anybody recommend a streaming site (pls don't post the link, against forum rules) where I can watch it (I can't download as I watch on a Chromebook that has very little storage 

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

Exposed: The Case of Keli Lane

This case was huge in Australia.

All 3 episodes out there (RAR).

Summary: In this three-part television event, Caro Meldrum-Hanna investigates one of Australia's most notorious crimes:
the disappearance of baby Tegan Lane and the conviction of her mother Keli Lane of her murder.

http://www.essentialkids.com.au/video/video-entertainment/video-trailers/trailer-exposed-the-case-of-keli-lane-20180917-584a3

After watching this, I reckon she probably did kill the baby.

Based on the evidence or lack of it though, surprised she was found guilty.

Thought her defence was ordinary.

Kevin Williamson’s 'Tell Me A Story' made us look at some of our favorite childhood fairy tales in a manner we never imagined we could! Interwoven with the dark versions of 'Three Little Pigs', 'Little Red Riding Hood', and 'Hansel and Gretel', season 1 earned the reputation for being one of the best psychological-thriller television series. Following the first season which showed us how an ideal romantic relationship can turn into a nightmare when paired with varied emotions such as loss, greed, and vengeance, 'Tell Me A Story' 2 is returning with a different set of tales.

I thought the first season was OK - the new season started last night, might be worth a look-see.

On 11/6/2019 at 6:15 PM, Daffy D said:

Yea well that's what it's about, myth or reality?

I remember reading the Readers Digest story on Oak Island way back in my youth. I sure would like to know if there is actually anything down there. 

As for making money from gullible tourists,  just take a look how much money they have poured into the project over the years, doubt the money from tourists would even cover a fraction of their costs.

i read it as well, and it stuck there. When i heard of the show, i was all over it.

i still follow religiously, but am more likely to sit howling abuse and deprecations at the screen, thoroughly enjoying the comedy the show has begun.

Jack Begley for president of the world!!

On 12/4/2019 at 9:02 PM, Mike Teavee said:

Apologies if it's already been mentioned (No matter how many times I post in this thread it doesn't show up on my "Content Posted" threads)  but stumbled across a BBC Drama called Hard Sun...  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6402362/ 

Quite enjoyed it... worth a watch ???? 

Thanks for the mention of this ,just watched the first episode ,very good ,but why oh why do they always seem to have a married couple one black one white with a mixed race child ,ime not racist ,but so many series do this now? is it just to be PC ?

17 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Thanks for the mention of this ,just watched the first episode ,very good ,but why oh why do they always seem to have a married couple one black one white with a mixed race child ,ime not racist ,but so many series do this now? is it just to be PC ?

Lost me after seeing the fight between the two detectives, male and female, at the end of the first episode. Totally unbelievable. The fight between her and her son at the start was silly enough, don't know why I persevered.

54 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Lost me after seeing the fight between the two detectives, male and female, at the end of the first episode. Totally unbelievable. The fight between her and her son at the start was silly enough, don't know why I persevered.

In the start when she fought with her son ,i thought it was two blokes ,mind you she does look like a bloke????

Apple has dropped a new TV series called Truth Be Told.

They have this annoying system where they release the first

three episodes.....then the other dribble out one at a time every Friday.

But this one s very good....about a reporter re-investigating a murder case

that she helped convict 20 years ago.

16 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Apple has dropped a new TV series called Truth Be Told.

They have this annoying system where they release the first

three episodes.....then the other dribble out one at a time every Friday.

But this one s very good....about a reporter re-investigating a murder case

that she helped convict 20 years ago.

I'll give episode 1 a crack, but the reviews haven't been promising.

17 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I'll give episode 1 a crack, but the reviews haven't been promising.

I dont normally read reviews.....just give it the 15 minute test and see if I like it.

The first episode was pretty good for me. Apple has a lot of series I dont like either.

Morning Show, Servant and Truth Be Told I like....Servant, my least favourite.

22 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I dont normally read reviews.....just give it the 15 minute test and see if I like it.

The first episode was pretty good for me. Apple has a lot of series I dont like either.

Morning Show, Servant and Truth Be Told I like....Servant, my least favourite.

Servant, outstanding.

Mary & Mike Tv series.

Don't know if this one is available for download, I'm watching it on SBS on demand and it's excellent.

Mary and Mike are a couple of elite agents from the Chilean secret police, DINA. Their job is to eliminate opposition leaders who from abroad articulate resistance to the fierce military dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet.

On 12/6/2019 at 4:39 PM, ivor bigun said:

They're pushing an agenda.

Also in Hard Sun, the girl beats up much bigger guys all the time.

Archived