What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/13/2019 at 10:49 AM, ThaidDown said:

Midsomer Murders series 21  is available, 4 episodes from usual places.

Not airing in UK until next year.

(if info already posted apols)

is there anyone still breathing in midsomer

The Oslo Killing

New six part series.

Summary: In April 1974, Anni Nielsen Iranzo was found brutally murdered at her home in Oslo, Norway.
It's an unsolved crime that spans four decades and crosses several countries: Norway, Spain, Argentina and the U.S.

Saw Knives Out, a movie much hyped as the Oscars draw nearer. This has Daniel Craig in the role as an amateur sleuth brought in to investigate a supposed suicide. Much use of flashbacks, plot twists and numerous red herrings but the film, for me, never gets beyond tedious. The cast includes Chris Pine, Christopher Plummer, Don Johnson, Michael Shannon and Jamie Lee Curtis but does not add up to the sum of its parts. Craig wanders into "ham" territory and this is not a good audition from him for any post Bond roles.

Avoid.

Couldn't really get into Uncut Gems....maybe Sandler was miscast...????

However there s another screener released that is just brilliant.

Portrait of a Lady On Fire.

I loved this film....beautiful in its storytelling and production. Top Marks.

22 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Couldn't really get into Uncut Gems....maybe Sandler was miscast...????

However there s another screener released that is just brilliant.

Portrait of a Lady On Fire.

I loved this film....beautiful in its storytelling and production. Top Marks.

Thought Sandler was perfect as the frenetic compulsive gambler, trying to stay one step ahead of the loan sharks. Problem is people only want to see him in comedy roles.

On 12/14/2019 at 6:58 PM, faraday said:

Did you watch it - what were your thoughts on the lifers in solitary, who cannot sit down, & have to walk all day?

I can't find it now, but I watched a much worse one than that about the Russian prisons in Siberia.... 

The inmates were walked down the corridor with their hands behind their back & their hands had to be higher than their head so they had to stoop low (Try it yourself) & all the time there was these huge German Shepherds barking away at them... 

Wish I could find the show, if anything doesn't scare the <deleted> out of you about going to prison that will... 

15 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I can't find it now, but I watched a much worse one than that about the Russian prisons in Siberia.... 

The inmates were walked down the corridor with their hands behind their back & their hands had to be higher than their head so they had to stoop low (Try it yourself) & all the time there was these huge German Shepherds barking away at them... 

Wish I could find the show, if anything doesn't scare the <deleted> out of you about going to prison that will... 

It's called " Inside Russias Toughest Prisons." There's a copy on the rare burger

Craith (hidden)

2nd series a great dark crime thriller

Welsh but with UK subtitles an english version comes out soon i thing )  

watching on Stremio (can also torent) not available on kodi for some reason

Sticks and Stones, the 3 episode TV drama has viewers voting it as the most stressful TV show ever, and I must admit, I wanted to give the black actor a good shaking as well as punching all three protagonists in the head. Had a satisfying ending, which I did see coming.

On 12/15/2019 at 4:36 PM, worgeordie said:

6 Underground, this is a real action movie ,non stop from start to finish,

car chases,shootings,bombs, one of the best action movies in awhile.

regards worgeordie

I thought the car chase at the start of this was awesome... God knows how much they spent doing it but to have a chase like that around the narrow streets of Florence (was hiding behind my hands when it ended up in the Uffizi) can't have been cheap...

Really enjoyed this one... will watch it again... 

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

I thought the car chase at the start of this was awesome... God knows how much they spent doing it but to have a chase like that around the narrow streets of Florence (was hiding behind my hands when it ended up in the Uffizi) can't have been cheap...

Really enjoyed this one... will watch it again... 

@IvorBiggun2 what's sad about my post/view on this movie?

Have you even been to Florence? One of my favourite cities on the planet, spent a couple of months working there & it's hard enough to walk around the streets there never mind stage a car chase like that.

Stand by my statement it's up there with The French Connection & Bullitt in terms of enjoyable car chasing scenes & that's without mentioning the Parkour of the guy coming down Florence Cathedral...

Nah, stand by my post... thoroughly enjoyed this one & will watch again 

Edit: in fact I’m going to watch it again right now...

873AB663-0B13-4481-AEB4-9674055B2737.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

@IvorBiggun2 what's sad about my post/view on this movie?

Have you even been to Florence? One of my favourite cities on the planet, spent a couple of months working there & it's hard enough to walk around the streets there never mind stage a car chase like that.

Stand by my statement it's up there with The French Connection & Bullitt in terms of enjoyable car chasing scenes & that's without mentioning the Parkour of the guy coming down Florence Cathedral...

Nah, stand by my post... thoroughly enjoyed this one & will watch again 

Edit: in fact I’m going to watch it again right now...

The difference is that both Bullitt and French connection were done without CGI, I would hazard a guess that most of the stunts/effects in 6 Underground were 50% CGI.

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The difference is that both Bullitt and French connection were done without CGI, I would hazard a guess that most of the stunts/effects in 6 Underground were 90% CGI.

Obviously they would have to be, it's not humanly possible to do a car chase scene like that... but I still found it thoroughly enjoyable & like Ryan Reynolds Dead Pan (Dead Pool) character... 

Sue me... I enjoyed the movie & was enjoying it the 2nd time before my TV decided it needed to do a software update & reboot (We didn't have that when I watched Steve McQ or Gene Hack either!!!)... 

Change is (not always) good ???? 

1 minute ago, Mike Teavee said:

Obviously they would have to be, it's not humanly possible to do a car chase scene like that... but I still found it thoroughly enjoyable & like Ryan Reynolds Dead Pan (Dead Pool) character... 

Sue me... I enjoyed the movie & was enjoying it the 2nd time before my TV decided it needed to do a software update & reboot (We didn't have that when I watched Steve McQ or Gene Hack either!!!)... 

Change is (not always) good ???? 

I enjoyed it as well. It's an action flick and it delivers that in spades.

9 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

It wasn't true car chases but a cartoon.

You not like Tom & Jerry? Roadrunner???

It was fun, entertaining & made you gasp at times, who cares whether it was real or not....  

Edit... Let's just agree to disagree, from now on I'll only comment on Real Life Docu/Dramas.... Speaking of which am I the only one waiting for the final episode of Temptation Island 2 (Now they should make a cartoon of that ???? )

On 12/18/2019 at 3:20 PM, giddyup said:

Thought Sandler was perfect as the frenetic compulsive gambler, trying to stay one step ahead of the loan sharks. Problem is people only want to see him in comedy roles.

Enjoying this (Uncut Jems) & think Sandler is perfect in the role (sort of reminds me of Jim Carey when he did Number 23 & later a very dark thriller (just googled, Dark Crimes), once you got the "Loveable Idiot" (not meant as an offence, more the part they perfectly played) out of your head you realise they're very talented actors... 

Travelers

This is a couple of years old, so if its already been covered.......Sorry.

Just got back from spending some time in Oz, only one friend had a VPN so was restricted to a lot of looking at Netflix.  One series stood out "Travelers" All set in the present day, but people from the far future (which wasn't doing so well) had found the ability to transfer their mind into someone who was just about to die. 

At this point I would usually switch off---not really into Sci-fi--but this  plays out more like a drama. Its all played in this time era. They are set into groups of 5, an historian with a photographic memory ---he is the one that sets them up in safe house etc..he goes and buys the Loto tickets..(never first prize of course) and bets on long odds horses, which also starts to get noticed. Unfortunately his mind got transferred into a drug addict just as that person O.D.  so he has other needs also. A doctor /physicist..etc. etc

They are given orders  through the dark Webb.......take out this guy, shut down this facility etc , it will alter history. The FBI is also interested in what is being sent on the Dark Webb....also there are other groups that have been sent back that have decided, we like it here and with our knowledge and technology, we can have a great lifestyle so lets forget about the orders.

Its Canadian production --which is nice seeing fresh faces, gets a 8.5 last time i looked (although that doesn't mean a lot)  and is on its 3rd season---2 & 3 are easy to find on Rar, 1 takes a little more looking. I have just started season 2 and it might peter out or get boring if they keep putting it out.....but found season 1 very watchable.

Note---If you watch the trailer stop after season 1 or it will show a trailer 2 then 3 which will be a spoiler

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5651844/videoplayer/vi415545881?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Archived