What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Just finished 'Joker' and I thought it pretty tame, nigh on rubbish, am I the only one?

Did Mr grumpy pants not get his cookies this evening... 

Personally thought Joker was an excellent movie (a great twist on an old story) as does just about every other person on the planet who's commented about it... 

Care to enlighten us with your top 3-5 movies so we can better understand what meets your "Standards"

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Personally thought Joker was an excellent movie (a great twist on an old story) as does just about every other person on the planet who's commented about it... 

That's not true. Google is your friend.

Joker review – the most disappointing film of the year

^ Quote from the 'Guardian'.

'.

While the majority of critical reviews have been positive, there have also been those who thought the movie was terrible.

While the negative response, just based on Twitter volume, appears to be in the minority, there are those who didn't just dislike the film, but outright hated it.

I can't publish a link in case I break TV rules. Many others thought it a terrible movie as I did. But other sheeple didn't, such as yourself.

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Come on guys, we all have different tastes and opinions.

Doesn't mean anyone is wrong.

Different strokes for different folks and all that.

So true, just saw this list of top 25 movies of 2019. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/best-movies-224601238.html?guccounter=1  Have not seen all of the movies on the list, but as you say, very subjective, as most movie favorite lists are.  I like movies, but as you say we all have different tastes

I previously said that Joker is a film that should not be viewed by younger people, and that the DC comics relationship is not apropos.  Yey it was filmed well, had a followable story line, and entertaining.   

57 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

So true, just saw this list of top 25 movies of 2019. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/best-movies-224601238.html?guccounter=1  Have not seen all of the movies on the list, but as you say, very subjective, as most movie favorite lists are.  I like movies, but as you say we all have different tastes

I previously said that Joker is a film that should not be viewed by younger people, and that the DC comics relationship is not apropos.  Yey it was filmed well, had a followable story line, and entertaining.   

On that list I've seen 4.

I've also got Marriage Story and Uncut gems ready to go.

The Joker - enjoyed it.

The Peanut Butter Falcon - enjoyed this one as well.

Rocketman - thought it was pretty good &

The Irishman - enjoyed it.

I have to say I've really lowered my expectations when it comes to movies.

I can't remember the last movie I watched that had the wow factor.

I mainly stick to TV series these days.

6 minutes ago, Will27 said:

On that list I've seen 4.

I've also got Marriage Story and Uncut gems ready to go.

The Joker - enjoyed it.

The Peanut Butter Falcon - enjoyed this one as well.

Rocketman - thought it was pretty good &

The Irishman - enjoyed it.

I have to say I've really lowered my expectations when it comes to movies.

I can't remember the last movie I watched that had the wow factor.

I mainly stick to TV series these days.

Yes, really enjoy many TV series out there, new and continuing. 

Haven't found Marriage Story, want to see, looks to be an intense drama

Waiting for Knives Out also, looks to be my kind of movie.

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

'.

I can't publish a link in case I break TV rules. Many others thought it a terrible movie as I did. But other sheeple didn't, such as yourself.

So, if anyone doesn't share your tastes they are "sheeple"? Joker has a 8.7 rating on IMDB BTW, so you are very much in the minority.

Tv series Mazhor AKA Silver Spoon

Came across this one on TPB the other day.
Two episodes in and I'm enjoying it.

Summary: The aimless pleasure loving son of a rich and powerful Russian arrested for street racing through Moscow's streets while high on drugs. To avoid a lengthy sentence his father pulls strings and as a last resort he is sent to work with the police for a year, with on-the-job training - or be disinherited.

3 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

'.

LMFAO when somebody quotes "The Guardian" to back-up their argument.... 

Sorry, I'll stop laughing for just long enough to ask you to share with (enlighten) us on your top 3-5 movies...

Edit: I'll add mine (In no particular order) 

Usual Suspects

Se7en

John Wick / Taken 1

Most of the Bond Movies 

More of less any Sherlock Holmes movie/TV series... I'm a huge fan, Basil Rathbone would be the Sean Connery equivalent, Jeremy Brett the Roger Moore & Jonny L Miller the Daniel Craig

Edit 2: Movies I thought were pants that other people enjoyed

• All of the Starwar movies after the Empire Strikes back (Being a little unfair here as I haven't managed to sit through a full screening of any of them, well I did one but that was only because I fell asleep in the CInema, they do make those Gold Class seats very comfortable)
  • Most 1st/2nd World War Movies (I did enjoy Saving Private Ryan, but Tom Hanks is great to watch in most movies) 
  • Any "Period" Movie/Drama (Boring zzz) 
  • John Wick / Taken 2 & 3 (Not sure this qualifies as I've never heard anybody say they were good movies)
  • Most Anthony Hopkins movies (Except Silence of the Lambs & even that I thought Brian Cox played him better in Manhunter... AH had much better lines) 

7 hours ago, Will27 said:

Come on guys, we all have different tastes and opinions.

Doesn't mean anyone is wrong.

Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Hear Hear

This is the ONLY forum on TV which is not filled with demeaning, arrogant, ignorant, snide, shameful, hurtful posts by people who grind their axe just to have something to do.

Ain't Gott Nuttin' Good to Say - politely and with respect - Best say Nuttin'

Tv series - Don't <deleted> with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer

Really enjoyed episode one.
All three episodes are out there.

Summary: A group of online justice seekers track down a guy who posted a video of him killing kittens.

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

A thank you to whoever recommended the Romanian series 'Umbre'. Absolutely brilliant. Easily a 9/10 rating in my book.

Yep

It's a belter of a series.

Right up there with Gomorrah and Sr. Avila I reckon.

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Just finished watching TOGO, about an Alaskan dog team that had

to bring serum to Nome for a diptheria outbreak in the 1920's,

a great story and exciting to watch.

regards worgeordie

And the basis for the Iditarod

Three parter  A Christmas Carol, its a new adaption from the BBC supposed to be very dark and has bad reviews,as it has strayed from the original ,however ,just downloaded it and will give it a try . (as its the BBC wonder if its nice and PC ,Ebeneezer is gay and there is an lgbtxyz  character as well ?????) anyway its in the usual places if you want some Christmas cheer.

On 12/20/2019 at 1:56 PM, Mike Teavee said:

You not like Tom & Jerry? Roadrunner???

It was fun, entertaining & made you gasp at times, who cares whether it was real or not....  

Edit... Let's just agree to disagree, from now on I'll only comment on Real Life Docu/Dramas.... Speaking of which am I the only one waiting for the final episode of Temptation Island 2 (Now they should make a cartoon of that ???? )

I’m glad you posted your thoughts on the movie, I saw it on the first day of release and I knew the reaction it would get here.

i thought it was great! I have never seen a Michael Bay movie, but I thought he’s on top of his game, there is a definite skill in this modern film making, sure, there was a good amount of CGI but it’s not only the visuals, the sound production was amazing, I’m reminds me why I invested in a decent sound 5.1 system.

Archived