What movies or TV shows are you watching (2018)

CharlieH

Solo AKA Mafia Undercover series 2 with subs is available TPB.

Summary: Solo (Mafia Undercover) stars Marco Bocci as Marco Pagani. Marco is an undercover cop code named Solo who has infiltrated the Italian Mafia in Rome. By twice saving Bruno Corona (Peppino Mazzotta), whose deal with a Ukrainian arms dealer goes bad he is able to ingratiate himself into his trust.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Summary: Solo (Mafia Undercover) stars Marco Bocci as Marco Pagani. Marco is an undercover cop code named Solo who has infiltrated the Italian Mafia in Rome. By twice saving Bruno Corona (Peppino Mazzotta), whose deal with a Ukrainian arms dealer goes bad he is able to ingratiate himself into his trust.

Thanks will, dunno how I missed this.

The Paras: Men of War

These type of shows are usually not my cup of tea, but I'm enjoying this one.
Two episodes out of three available.

RARBG

Summary: Documentary series filmed over 12 months and featuring unparalleled access to the elite
Parachute Regiment following the process by which new recruits are turned into elite soldiers trained to kill.

On 12/30/2018 at 6:55 AM, xylophone said:

Downloaded and watched the movie "Citizen Kane" as I had never seen it and I'd heard so much about it being the "best film ever made".

Well I watched it and couldn't see anything in it which would relate to the "best film" accolade, and in fact what I did see was the poor prosthetics around Orson Welles face which was meant to portray him growing older, and his use of built-up shoes to give him more height in some scenes, both of which were fairly obvious.

The story was okay as was the acting, and it wasn't until I researched the movie after I had watched it that I realised the "best movie" accolade was bestowed upon it because of the filming techniques used, many for the first time ever, and pioneered by Orson Welles.

Pleased that I watched it, but now that my curiosity has been satisfied, no need to consider it again.

Yeah.. bearing in mind indi cinema didnt really exist then  pretty amazing  that he even got it made given that he went against the hollywood studios vice like grip on everything 'cinema'   in that  he wrote directed  produced AND starred in it.

On 1/17/2019 at 9:16 AM, Will27 said:

Can't seen to find it at the bay.  I liked S1.

I watched Bohemian Rhapsody last night, and although it didn't get a brilliant write-up by critics, it did win an Oscar and I thought it was a very good film.

What made it very enjoyable for me was the fact that Rami Malek was able to portray Freddie Mercury with all of the complicated aspects that went to make up the man – – from a shy and lonely young man, through to someone finding his way, and eventually producing a storming on stage persona which defied all that he actually was.

A lot of this was in the nuances which Malek brought to the role and I thought he was excellent in it.

I do remember seeing Freddie Mercury in an interview with Parkinson (I think it was) and I could not believe what I was seeing, because I had only heard the powerful singing of this guy, yet when he minced down the stairs towards Parkinson and sat down, he was so effeminate as to be almost sickening, almost like he was playing up for effect (which he may well have been).

Anyway, I can thoroughly recommend the film.

The current season of "Gotham" seems to be the best by far!

Dark, brutal, well acted- this thing has come a long way, since it's beginnings!

Also: Holmes & Watson gets such bad reviews, I might actually wanna watch that!

Some good offerings this week:

Polar: mindless new Netflix action film with Mads Mikkelsen....blistering....loved it.

Crimson Rivers....the tv series.....first two episodes out.....very good. Hard to find online but Walter Presents has them.

Watched " Mortal Engines" tonight ,a rollicking good movie,

special effects were wonderful,it's about city states built

on tank like structures going around taking over others,

one line in it made me laugh," Europe,we should have not gone in"

bloody brexit's everywhere . also watching series 2 of The Punisher all 13 episodes out.

regards worgeordie

On 1/23/2019 at 11:50 PM, worgeordie said:

Watched " Mortal Engines" tonight ,a rollicking good movie,

special effects were wonderful,it's about city states built

on tank like structures going around taking over others,

one line in it made me laugh," Europe,we should have not gone in"

bloody brexit's everywhere . also watching series 2 of The Punisher all 13 episodes out.

regards worgeordie

I also watched Mortal Engines last night and for a bit of mindless entertainment, it was okay, and drew on elements of other movies such as, Wild Wild West, Terminator, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Avatar to name but a few.

I also watched Polar the other evening and found it to be okay, if a little Tarantino-esque.

Dug up a few from the archives to watch and a particular favourite is, Law Abiding Citizen, which led me onto watching Gerard Butler's latest, Hunter Killer, which was okay with a few nailbiting underwater scenes.

Also decided to watch Lawless again as I thought that Tom Hardy was excellent in that.

Looking for a few more to watch, as not going out much at the moment due to a plethora of tablets I'm taking to try and get rid of this bloody skin rash/dermatitis/whatever, as they make me so tired in the evenings, sitting down watching a movie is the most I can muster!

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

The current Oscar crop is so crap, save for two films which rose above the others for me.

Green Book

&

Can you ever forgive me

Liked Green Book.............also The Vice and Bohemian Rhapsody and one from a few months back, The Wife.

Will watch Can you Ever Forgive Me, shortly. 

I also watched Mortal Engines last night and for a bit of mindless entertainment, it was okay, and drew on elements of other movies such as, Wild Wild West, Terminator, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Avatar to name but a few.

I also watched Polar the other evening and found it to be okay, if a little Tarantino-esque.

Dug up a few from the archives to watch and a particular favourite is, Law Abiding Citizen, which led me onto watching Gerard Butler's latest, Hunter Killer, which was okay with a few nailbiting underwater scenes.

Also decided to watch Lawless again as I thought that Tom Hardy was excellent in that.

Looking for a few more to watch, as not going out much at the moment due to a plethora of tablets I'm taking to try and get rid of this bloody skin rash/dermatitis/whatever, as they make me so tired in the evenings, sitting down watching a movie is the most I can muster!

My favourite Tom Hardy appearance of late was Taboo. Be happy to see S2 of that.

Quite enjoyed Dogs of Berlin (German with English subs), Frozen Dead also enjoyable (French with English subs) will take a look at Polar. Currently got 12 Monkeys (S3), IO and Deadwind queued and decided to give Sex Education a run. Actually not bad, quite funny and not overly crude, Timeless isn't bad also, kinda like an updated version of The Time Tunnel, well shot and pretty good acting. Can't help thinking why the bloody great time capsule they pilot back and forth never gets discovered though, especially when they pilot it to Nazi Germany in WWII and park it near to a V2 rocket site! Still, can't have their ride getting bagged 5555

Posted using Tapatalk

Tv series - Masum

Four episodes into this one and it's excellent.
All eight episodes with subs available.

RARBG

Summary: Cevdet a retired police commissioner, and his wife spend their pensions in peace on a farm away from the city.
Suddenly the life of the family is destroyed by the sudden arrival of a terrible news from the little son.

Archived