BANGKOK 23 May 2019 02:51
Jonathan Fairfield

The New Skytrain (continued for 2019)

15 hours ago, FarangryBirds said:

This new timetable hopefully clears it up.

It looks like the trains run Mo Chit - Samrong, then Samrong - Kheha is effectively it's own branch line... within a line. Trains every 10 minutes on the extension.

BTSDEC2018.thumb.png.45ed5dcd2ee9ce5df54399b7a705c153.png

Carrying on from the previous thread.

I've spoken to someone that knows and, temporarily, you will have to change trains at Samrong (just walk across the platform it's an island). This is to ensure that the level of service on the current system isn't affected during the early operation of Samrong - Kheha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

I've spoken to someone that knows and, temporarily, you will have to change trains at Samrong (just walk across the platform it's an island). This is to ensure that the level of service on the current system isn't affected during the early operation of Samrong - Kheha.

And great news that is too!! In order to avoid the crush at Phra Khanong every morning (and because I have loads of time to spare after dropping my son off at school) I take the BTS from Phra Khanong to Samrong (getting a seat all the way) and then just stay on the train for the return trip to Chitlom.  I was dreading having to go all the way to the end of the new line, or gamble on getting off and changing direction somewhere in between.  Good work BTS!

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1

Yeah, I guessed because Samrong has an island platform, it'll work like the change at Siam where you just hop over to the connecting train.

I still wonder if it will truly be every ten minutes if there are only 3 new trains in operation or they have some spare rolling stock on loan from the main Sukhumvit line.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

So the train terminating at Samrong has to change tracks, rather than the driver just changing cabs?

26 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So the train terminating at Samrong has to change tracks, rather than the driver just changing cabs?

No change from the current situation at Samrong, trains move to the other track on approach, driver changes ends.

1 hour ago, FarangryBirds said:

I still wonder if it will truly be every ten minutes if there are only 3 new trains in operation or they have some spare rolling stock on loan from the main Sukhumvit line.

I believe they've scrounged the "spare" train from Mo Chit too, so 4 trains operating the shuttle.

So I can ride it tomorrow and explore all around down there, yes?

Where the good food be down there? Anyone know? How bout those Seafood places in Bang Pu?

11 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

So I can ride it tomorrow and explore all around down there, yes?

The PM is having an opening ride in the morning, so don't expect public operation before lunch time.

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

The PM is having an opening ride in the morning, so don't expect public operation before lunch time.

Perfect. I dont have to wake up before noon then. I need all the beauty sleep I can muster. My aesthetician told me to try suspended animation, that might work.

PM has been and gone.

Revenue (ok free) service starts at noon today.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

PM has been and gone.

Revenue (ok free) service starts at noon today.

Im headed there as soon as I'm done morning messing around. I think its a seafood dinner day. Regular service intervals?

37 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Regular service intervals?

Allegedly trains every 10 minutes Samrong <=> Kheha

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Allegedly trains every 10 minutes Samrong <=> Kheha

Close enough for government work. Free train, river sights, new area, lots of 7-11s, whats not to like! <deleted> me, even if they charged its great. Its better to be riding above the traffic than sitting in it. Congrats!