BANGKOK 26 May 2019 16:00
Jonathan Fairfield

The New Skytrain (continued for 2019)

6 hours ago, DDBKK said:

In for a penny.

Looks like reasonably decent progress being made all along srinakarin now with actual structural columns starting to reach for the sky.

Not much tangible progress further up that extension on Ladprao Road, no columns up yet, just lots of night time digging...and closed lanes. :unsure:

Also keen to hear on official progress reports. 

Srinakarin continues striding along at a decent pace from what I have seen.

• Like 1

BTS current schedule is:-

N9 - Outside Central Lat Phrao opens in August this year.

N10, N11, N12 (the next three) probably in December this year.

The rest of the north extension, end 2020.

• Like 2

N9 seems like a pointless station, you can interchange with the MRT...but so does N8 Mo Chit. It’s very close to Central Ladprao, but so is Pahon Yothin MRT.

On the plus side, I must applaud them for getting the Ratcha Yothin underpass open ahead of schedule. The traffic around there had been terrible since the flyover was demolished.

Richard Barrow did mention there was going to be a trial of the MRT extension this month from Hua Lampong to Tha Phra but there hasn’t been any further news of it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Further to my above post, now seems to be more news on the Blue Line.

I notice the stations have already began to update the displays with the TV's showing Lak Song as the final stop instead of Hua Luampong

https://bk.asia-city.com/city-living/news/mrt-blue-line-extension-through-chinatown-to-launch-free-test-rides-july

Edited by FarangryBirds
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FarangryBirds said:

I notice the stations have already began to update the displays with the TV's showing Lak Song as the final stop instead of Hua Luampong

https://bk.asia-city.com/city-living/news/mrt-blue-line-extension-through-chinatown-to-launch-free-test-rides-july

Will be fun to take the first trip UNDER the river.

Any word on whether eastern extension will combine with the normal green route? Or will I have to keep transferring trains at Samrong?

I remember something about the "extension line" only lasting until April.

On 4/15/2019 at 2:54 PM, FarangryBirds said:

It appears that they are upgrading the ferry terminal by the Bang Pho MRT walkway. the first stop from Tao Poon on the new blue line extension (march 20).  The regular ferry stops on the other side now....could become a very bustling place.

Any word on whether eastern extension will combine with the normal green route? Or will I have to keep transferring trains at Samrong?

I think the transfer at Samrong was only needed during this free trial period, which as you say is due to finish after this month.

I travelled on the extension yesterday and noted there were more of the newer style trains running. Previously I only saw one. I guess the rest of their shipment from Turkey has finally arrived. Them having enough rolling stock to fulfill Mo Chit - Kheha as one seamless line is key.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, tom in bangkok said:

Free running has apparently been extended, not sure exactly how long for yet.

The transfer arrangements will likely continue at least until then.

• Like 1

Any news regarding Mangmoom card and / or a card to pay in the busses.

Today in one of the new blue BMTA bussss I was surprised to see a conductor with a mobile device that uses contact less credit cards and QR code to pay for your ticket.
Has the other solution with terminals to check in/out completely abandoned?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Is there a map of the extension from Chinatowin into Thonburi, I get confused for some reason mapping it out?

13 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Is there a map of the extension from Chinatowin into Thonburi, I get confused for some reason mapping it out?

imageproxy.thumb.jpg.c6edad866ac5ba8798cb9dd366226d58.jpg

• Like 2

We live near Pak Nam, the land prices are going through the roof, Because now people can camute into Bangkok,