Jump to content
BANGKOK 26 May 2019 16:22
Jonathan Fairfield

The New Skytrain (continued for 2019)

Recommended Posts

imageproxy.thumb.jpg.c6edad866ac5ba8798cb9dd366226d58.jpg

Do you know how this map relates to actual roads, ie I am interested where the stations will be on the purple line at the southern end, I am assuming it will be on the SukSawad road but only guessing. If you know could you enlighten me please


Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sidgy said:


Do you know how this map relates to actual roads, ie I am interested where the stations will be on the purple line at the southern end, I am assuming it will be on the SukSawad road but only guessing. If you know could you enlighten me please


Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

From the MRTA website for the Purple Line from Bang Yai - Rat Burana (but not saying where each station will be).

 

The project starts from Bang Yai, the northwestern area of Bangkok , then goes downward crossing the Chao Phraya River at Phranang- Klao Bridge and goes along Ratana Thibed Road to Nonthaburi Intersection and Wongsawang Intersection. The route then runs along Pracharat Road to Taopoon Intersection, turns right and turns left to Samsen Road, passing the National Library, Bang Lumpu, Ratanakosin Island and crosses Chao Phraya River at to Phra Pok Klao Bridge to Thonburi side. Here, the alignment runs southward along Tak Sin Road , passing Wong Wian Yai to Mahai Sawan Intersection. At this point, the line changes again into elevated structure and runs along Tak Sin Road and Suk Sawat Road . Finally, the line terminates near Bang Na - Dao Kanong Expressway with a total length of 40.0 km.

 

So, south of the river probably looks something like this:

image.png.8ee0ff38cbb7fd3743fa937e917d6fa9.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I made this map on Google Maps Engine that overlays the lines with their actual routes. It's fairly up to date, near as I can tell.

 

More info here if you're curious

Very good, I can only imagine the time and effort you have put into this. I note you have the purple line following Rat Burana road as opposed to Suk Sawat, Is this a definite? My wife seems pretty adamant it will follow Suk Sawat

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile appplease note, my wife (Thai) is no authority and generally goes with what she feels to be correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know when this light green one is built or planned to be built?

Screenshot 2019-05-02 14.35.55.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 12:01 PM, Sir Greg said:

I made this map on Google Maps Engine that overlays the lines with their actual routes. It's fairly up to date, near as I can tell.

 

More info here if you're curious

Apart from the spelling of the "Gray" line, the route is also somewhat wrong. The dark grey line will terminate at Thonglor and the light grey line is somewhere further out in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:33 PM, sidgy said:

Very good, I can only imagine the time and effort you have put into this. I note you have the purple line following Rat Burana road as opposed to Suk Sawat, Is this a definite? My wife seems pretty adamant it will follow Suk Sawat

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile appplease note, my wife (Thai) is no authority and generally goes with what she feels to be correct

The MRTA website clearly says it will follow Suk Sawat, and I have since found this map in a Bangkok Expressway and Metro (BEM) presentation showing the same, though, coming from a pdf of a Powerpoint presentation, it's not the best resolution.  A decent one must be available somewhere.

image.png.195a6f4c48001452ceea5cf883e1abcc.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another map from the presentation, showing existing lines and those currently under construction.

image.png.0132352239064b2327ed44d5b270c20d.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The MRTA website clearly says it will follow Suk Sawat, and I have since found this map in a Bangkok Expressway and Metro (BEM) presentation showing the same, though, coming from a pdf of a Powerpoint presentation, it's not the best resolution.  A decent one must be available somewhere.
image.png.195a6f4c48001452ceea5cf883e1abcc.png

Thank you Ballpoint. Your time and trouble taken is much appreciated


Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of new trains rolling out with half the seat capacity. Makes sense for short journeys but for longer ones it’s a pain. 

 

How about extra carriages or more frequent trains. 

 

The amount of people using this service....where are all the new profits going? ( apart from trains with no seats) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I used it today, it was a nice surprise being able to ride from Asok to Paknam without changing trains at Samrong.

As far as I could see from my Line Pay, still free to ride between Samrong to Kheha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...