The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

The worst is when it goes into extra time then penalties, City supporters have yet to experience that yet and the sun is coming up over the garden wall that really messes your day up

Do try and keep up. EPL games don't have extra time or penalty shoot outs.

• Haha 1

What a cracking entertaining game. Watched it live (tense) and the rerun this morning (enjoyable). Thought overall we were slightly better or more up for it, but it could have gone either way such were the incidents.

Fernandinho won the midfield and was immense. Bernandinho was everywhere, so enthusiastic, amazing motor (ran the most in the Premier this season, he never stopped and did the work of 2) and quality when he had the ball – he looked like he was determined to win. Aguero had a great game; I’m usually critical of Aguero’s overall game but he was excellent against the 2 CBs, and what a goal. Sane had a lively game and a great battle against Terrence Trent-Derby.

Considering we had to play our best defender out of position at LB and carry passengers (Silva – really off his game / Sterling – didn’t wake up till Lpool scored / Gundogan – did he really come on?), I thought we coped well.

I haven’t seen much of Liverpool this season but definitely the best team we’ve played and I was very impressed (though I've read reports they weren't as good as usual). If they can replace Duffer Lovren with a quality CB what a defense that’ll be, and the midfield just needs a bit more creativity, then it will be a hell of a team.

I still have it as Liverpool's to lose as opposed to ours to win. Considering Liverpool's awesome form in the first 20 games and the injuries to key players we’ve suffered (they haven't), I think we're doing well to be hanging on to their coat-tails.

ONLY if we can get all our key players back and fit in the 2nd half of the season will we offer them a challenge.

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I wanted to watch the replay but couldn't find it on the Hotel channels ????

I often watch highlights after I've watched a full game live, but only some games are worthy of watching full repeats of.... pretty much everything from the Fergie era! 

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You watched it live and then the full replay?... And I thought I was sad!

1. Im on holiday today and stuck at home due to having the builder fixing around  the house.

2. Ive Always watched the rerun - doesn't everybody? Back in the day i used to video the live game to watch again later.

3. Watching live a tense game like last night's you miss a lot and tend to focus only on your own team. Watching the rerun i get a better understanding of how we played AND during the rerun I'll  watch the opposition a bit more. 

Try it.

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I wanted to watch the replay but couldn't find it on the Hotel channels ????

It's on BEin 1 at 7pm if you're near a bar. Think I'll  be pushing my luck with the wife if i try to watch it for a 3rd time.

Ps. Getting up at 2 or 3am for games is a right pain. Its light dinner, bed at 9pm (before my kids bed time), 5 or 6 hrs kip, watch the game, feel knackered all day at work.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Watching live a tense game like last night's you miss a lot and tend to focus only on your own team. Watching the rerun i get a better understanding of how we played AND during the rerun I'll  watch the opposition a bit more. 

That's true actually.....

I still can't help feeling you should be doing something more useful. Maybe making the builder a brew. 

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It's on BEin 1 at 7pm if you're near a bar. Think I'll  be pushing my luck with the wife if i try to watch it for a 3rd time.

Ps. Getting up at 2 or 3am for games is a right pain. Its light dinner, bed at 9pm (before my kids bed time), 5 or 6 hrs kip, watch the game, feel knackered all day at work.

I am exactly the same as you Mr Blue except for the very last two words.........at work does not exist. 

Did you used to go in the Fletcher's Arms?

23 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You watched it live and then the full replay?... And I thought I was sad!

I am sad!

Keep promising myself every season that im going to stop following City and only check the results - kick my football addition - but I'm weak and need help. My name is Bredbury Blue and I'm a Man City-holic ????

Cracking match for a neutral and both sides light years ahead of the other Premiership clubs and most if not all European sides too. 

Lovren looks the only weak link in the Liverpool side and in danger of slowly turning into Phil Jones.

Some great individual performances by City. Aguero just seems to get better and Fernandinho is a class act. If I was City I would be looking to sign Declan Rice as a long term replacement despite just signing a new deal with the Hammers. 

Liverpools still to lose and there are not many teams who could put that kind of display on to beat them. 

5 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I am exactly the same as you Mr Blue except for the very last two words.........at work does not exist. 

Did you used to go in the Fletcher's Arms?

I know the Fletchers and have been in once or twice - it's less than 10mins drive from home along Ashton Road to Denton - BUT there was no public transport that way so unless someone was driving we'd  stick to Bredbury, Woodley, Marple but mainly Romiley pubs. Do you know City pubs: Crown Inn (home of Bredbury Blues supporters) and Royal Scot (City Director ian Niven's pub - he also had Fletchers)?

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I know the Fletchers and have been in once or twice - it's less than 10mins drive from home along Ashton Road to Denton - BUT there was no public transport that way so unless someone was driving we'd  stick to Bredbury, Woodley, Marple but mainly Romiley pubs. Do you know City pubs: Crown Inn (home of Bredbury Blues supporters) and Royal Scot (City Director ian Niven's pub - he also had Fletchers)?

I've not been in the Fletchers since 1969 ! Are Woodley, Marple and Romiley not more than 10 minutes drive away . LOL

15 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Cracking match for a neutral and both sides light years ahead of the other Premiership clubs and most if not all European sides too. 

Lovren looks the only weak link in the Liverpool side and in danger of slowly turning into Phil Jones.

Some great individual performances by City. Aguero just seems to get better and Fernandinho is a class act. If I was City I would be looking to sign Declan Rice as a long term replacement despite just signing a new deal with the Hammers. 

Liverpools still to lose and there are not many teams who could put that kind of display on to beat them. 

Agree with you. Can we have him? 

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Not only are you from Stockport, but from the outskirts of Stockport! Pretty much a country bumpkin!.... Why do you support City again? ????

Because I'm 3rd generation City fan from Bradford (suburb of the Etihad) - so i had no choice - who were moved by the corporation to the Manchester overspill of Bredbury. It has the great benefit of Bredbury train station; only 4 stops from Piccadilly.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Because I'm 3rd generation City fan from Bradford (suburb of the Etihad) - so i had no choice - who were moved by the corporation to the Manchester overspill of Bredbury. It has the great benefit of Bredbury train station; only 4 stops from Piccadilly.

Fair enough. Maybe you regret it when you see the glamourous location you could have been in on New Year's Day

46 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Fair enough. Maybe you regret it when you see the glamourous location you could have been in on New Year's Day

And, Bredbury Hall done some damage there in my younger days

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

so i had no choice 

Same with my daughter. She was born in Rochdale and has lived in Saudi since she was 6 months old. I took her to the Etihad at 2 days old for baby grows. Brain washed her early and she even got up with me for the match this morning. Now she's as big a blue as anyone. Knows the stats and when we ever go back to the UK and we are playing whilst there, she messages my nephew before i do to see if he can get tickets. As you say, there is no choice it's in the blood

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Same with my daughter. She was born in Rochdale and has lived in Saudi since she was 6 months old. I took her to the Etihad at 2 days old for baby grows. Brain washed her early and she even got up with me for the match this morning. Now she's as big a blue as anyone. Knows the stats and when we ever go back to the UK and we are playing whilst there, she messages my nephew before i do to see if he can get tickets. As you say, there is no choice it's in the blood

Bredbury Hall / Quaffers (The Warren) -

Strangely, being from a village which had two night clubs (Quaffers closed), i never really bothered going. Been to the infamous Bredbury Hall only once, but we have stayed there in the hotel (very nice) for a week on a home visit.

Spouse/offspring -

Likewise the wife and our two lads are blues. The wife gets up at stupid oclock for ALL the games even when im on business away. I 'treated' her to games in 3 divisions including a freezing cold 2nd tier game on the way to relegation away at Port Vale...it was brutal weather and an abysmal performance. My kids have only been to a few home games and have yet to see us lose. Sometimes i feel guilty for getting them involved on the emotional roundabout of a football supporter.

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

He supports Stockport County really

Mentioned several times on here that my dad used to take us to edgeley park back in the days County played Friday nights to give the local club financial support while we were City season ticket holders on the kippax. Another period, when City were away on a saturday, we'd  go watch Rochdale or Oldham or Bolton (never went to Bury).

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Mentioned several times on here that my dad used to take us to edgeley park back in the days County played Friday nights to give the local club financial support while we were City season ticket holders on the kippax. Another period, when City were away on a saturday, we'd  go watch Rochdale or Oldham or Bolton (never went to Bury).

went to the old Boundry Park many times easy to get to up Broadway 

40 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Read a report earlier which said that Bernardo ran 8.5 miles against Liverpool. That is more than any other player has ran this season in a game

What a change from last season when Bernardo often looked a fish out of water. Now he's everywhere on the pitch and chock full of enthusiasm. A real City asset.

• Like 1