The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

So yeah at the moment it's just the small matter of a potential two year ban from the CL from UEFA, and relegation from top flight from the PL.

Nothing to worry about I wouldn't have thought. 

Thanks for clarifying, though it IS a CL ban (being appealed) and it is an ongoing PL investigation - You drama queen, you.

14 hours ago, RickG16 said:

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2639205.html

What a cool story. UEFA will use drawings done by the kids from its UEFA Foundation for Children to design the match ball for the 2020 Super Cup.

Nice idea and a great initiative. 

Great idea. Anything 2hich encourages kids to play football is a step forward in these days of obesity.

Meanwhile in local news my farting council has decided to close our swimming pools for half the day to save money.

When they are having to pay for cranes to take the local fatties off to hospital it will all seem worth it.

<deleted> stupid morons.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I caught the Europa League draw and I have to say, what a fantastic production by UEFA. Very professionally presented and built up the anticipation nicely.

Great job guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0eJh8TeyA0&t=138s 

This is like your Jim Bowen moment....too early Rick...wait till next season. :w00t:

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I caught the Europa League draw and I have to say, what a fantastic production by UEFA. Very professionally presented and built up the anticipation nicely.

Excuse me but if you want to discuss thursday night football competitions go on the United thread

XI | Bravo, Walker, Stones, Fernandinho, Zinchenko, Rodrigo, Gundogan, Foden, D Silva (C), Sterling, Aguero.

SUBS | Ederson, G Jesus, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Mendy, Mahrez, Otamendi.

Don't like that team!

1. Bravo!

2. Out of form Stones.

3. Never like Gundog and Silva together, and with Rodri there's no legs in midfield.

Not the best starting XI.

Do like Foden starting but reckon he'll be shuffled wide left or right (Where he's less effective).

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Congratulations on winning another trophy. 
Villa made it a lot more difficult than I imagined but never really looked like they would get back in it apart from the last couple of minutes. That said, tactically they were spot on and set up the o lay way they could. Just stay in the game and try and nick one and see what happens. Nearly worked but would of been unjust. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Congratulations on winning another trophy. 
Villa made it a lot more difficult than I imagined but never really looked like they would get back in it apart from the last couple of minutes. That said, tactically they were spot on and set up the o lay way they could. Just stay in the game and try and nick one and see what happens. Nearly worked but would of been unjust. 

When we went 2-0 up I thought it was curtains but fair do's to Villa, they stuck in there and could have equalised just before the final whistle.

Happy to keep on filling the trophy room

14 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

XI | Bravo, Walker, Stones, Fernandinho, Zinchenko, Rodrigo, Gundogan, Foden, D Silva (C), Sterling, Aguero.

SUBS | Ederson, G Jesus, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Mendy, Mahrez, Otamendi.

Don't like that team!

1. Bravo!

2. Out of form Stones.

3. Never like Gundog and Silva together, and with Rodri there's no legs in midfield.

Not the best starting XI.

Do like Foden starting but reckon he'll be shuffled wide left or right (Where he's less effective).

I didn’t like that team, but I did love Foden in his unusual position for him out wide-right (he played there earlier this season – was it beating ManU in the Semi?).

Deserved victory but a spirited display by Villa made us sweat a little. We seem to struggle this season to put games we dominate to bed.

Foden was excellent wasn’t he, the best player on the pitch by miles. How he cushioned one long pass with the outside of his foot, and how he rode tackles, was exceptional.  

Rodri was 2nd best – he had to be as Silva and Gundog weren’t at their best.

We carried Silva, Aguero and Sterling 2nd half and I was crying out for the rubba-dubs to come on, and when they did we were far better.

Bravo!, Bravo. He saved the day, so I was wrong with my earlier comment, and he helped us get over the line with that outstanding save late on.

Nice floated pass from Rodri, lovely awareness and head back by Foden and typical Kun finish for the 1st.

Rodri’s 2nd was reminiscent of Laporte’s headed goal in the title clincher at Brighton last season.

Their goal was a beauty - the less said about John ‘Timber!!!’ Stones the better - and was similar to Jamie Mackie’s goal for QPR in the ‘Agueeeeroo!’ game.

I’m sure it was a good game for the neutral to watch but it was a bit frustrating for a City fan.

And what a cracking weekend with Liverpool and Spurs losing, while ManU could only manage a draw. Sweet!

32 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Funny. Just see the Carabao Cup Team of the Tournament. Not a single player in it ????

Carabao Cup Team of the Tournament:

Gerken; Matheson, Moore, Flanagan, Digne; McKirdy, Hoyurihane, Maddison; Rashford, Martinelli, Boyce.

Be interesting to know how they came up with the team.

How on earth are you going to get shot of Stones? City have over inflated the transfer market by paying silly money for him and Mendy & Walker. It ends up with Harry Maguire costing £80 mill. Just in case you think I am biased against City, I thought Tyrone Mings was as bad. How he won an England cap escapes me.

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carabao Cup Team of the Tournament:

Gerken; Matheson, Moore, Flanagan, Digne; McKirdy, Hoyurihane, Maddison; Rashford, Martinelli, Boyce.

Be interesting to know how they came up with the team.

Thai logic.

11 hours ago, RickG16 said:

So assuming you get stripped of all previous trophies, is this actually your first trophy under Guardiola?

Yeah Rick we'd lose all of these - thanks for teeing me nicely ???? :cheesy::

Football League Cup    Winner    2017-18
Premier League        Champion 2017-18
(FA Cup            5th Round 2018-19)
Football League Cup    Winner    2018-19
Premier League        Champion 2018-19
FA Cup            Winner    2018-19
Football League Cup    Winner    2019-20
6 out of the last 7 trophies (or 8 out of the last 9 trophies if you include the 2 x FA Community Shields)

• Haha 1