The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Even less surprised by yours. As usual you can't even be bothered to read an article before making your own mind up.

????

Bob didn't exactly give it a glowing review, but I'll try have a look later.

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

????

Bob didn't exactly give it a glowing review, but I'll try have a look later.

Bob's a Liverpool fan. It doesn't suit his agenda to agree with the article and he's obviously unable to take a neutral standpoint. He's also still reeling and nervous about Covid-19 and that all the premier league clubs aren't shouting from the rooftops to gift the Premier League to Liverpool

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Bob's a Liverpool fan. It doesn't suit his agenda to agree with the article and he's obviously unable to take a neutral standpoint. He's also still reeling and nervous about Covid-19 and that all the premier league clubs aren't shouting from the rooftops to gift the Premier League to Liverpool

I think that Liverpool team, and probably the fans, realise that the worst thing they can do right now is start complaining that they might not get awarded the title. That would lose them any good will from the general public.

All they can do it sit tight and hope common sense prevails. I reckon it could be best to finish the season when it's possible, and then reduce next season into another format. Especially if the Euros are next summer. 

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I reckon it could be best to finish the season when it's possible, and then reduce next season into another format. 

I'd sooner start next season with everyone on the points they currently have and then play the 38 games rather than reduce next season. I don't see why future seasons should be affected when the Force Majeure happened this season.

How can you reduce next season? It would be unfair to only play a team once. Where do you play them, home or away? Or do you play some once and some twice? I just can't see how that could work

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Where do you play them, home or away? Or do you play some once and some twice? I just can't see how that could work

No different from the luck of a Cup draw.

Under your method, if you start with the same points and everyone played each other twice, some teams would have still played harder games than others.

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Under your method, if you start with the same points and everyone played each other twice, some teams would have still played harder games than others.

Exactly. There be no good way to carry it over to next year. Unfortunately the virus happened this season and we should draw a line under it this season (whatever the final decision)

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Exactly. There be no good way to carry it over to next year. Unfortunately the virus happened this season and we should draw a line under it this season (whatever the final decision)

I reckon finish this season and condense next season into a shorter format... could even start off with . regional groups (reducing travel involved etc), and then go into a knockout.

^Following on your discussion, here's a new video on games and seasons that were abandoned, which may even set precedents for this season.

They discuss the seasons before and after WW1 and WW2, they even talk about the 1915 season ManU vs Liverpool match fixing when the two clubs colluded to allow ManU to win and they stay up at Chelsea's expense (almost exactly a century later we have posters from those 2 Red clubs taking the moral highground).

Watch it you'll learn a lot. Guy on the left is Dr Gary James, City historian.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/free-taster-that-35215957

Manchester City have been fined 3,000 euros by UEFA for a kit infringement during the Champions League tie at Real Madrid. Apparently a sponsor's logo on their training tops was too big.

BREAKING NEWS

Top 8 PL teams to write to UEFA to insist that the kit infringement must be worth another CL season's ban.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Manchester City have been fined 3,000 euros by UEFA for a kit infringement during the Champions League tie at Real Madrid. Apparently a sponsor's logo on their training tops was too big.

BREAKING NEWS

Top 8 PL teams to write to UEFA to insist that the kit infringement must be worth another CL season's ban.

Yawn... I guess you've has a stay of execution with CAS probably closed.

I can see Pep now in self isolation, plotting his escape plan. (From City that is, not his house). 

On 3/25/2020 at 8:24 PM, mrbojangles said:

It's just another one-eyed city fan article with its own agenda, presented as not being by BB. Waste of a read. I don't have an agenda with City, I don't need one.

54 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

It's just another one-eyed city fan article with its own agenda, presented as not being by BB. Waste of a read. I don't have an agenda with City, I don't need one.

That's the thing. It makes them feel better to adopt a 'world against us' attitude, when in fact there is no need for the world to be against them. They are suffering the consequences of their own mistakes. 

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

"It is written by a City fan, so you may judge it as biased or not on some points depending on who you support, but he addresses the issue comprehensively and there's a lot to be learnt from it. It's a good read".

Bob, your apology will be accepted.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"It is written by a City fan, so you may judge it as biased or not on some points depending on who you support, but he addresses the issue comprehensively and there's a lot to be learnt from it. It's a good read".

How you gonna feel BB? On City's first home game of new season, the announcement is "and the reigning champions take to the field;" proud or sympathetic towards Liverpool?

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

How you gonna feel BB? On City's first home game of new season, the announcement is "and the reigning champions take to the field;" proud or sympathetic towards Liverpool?

We don't know for certain that this season will be voided. 

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Next season's fixtures out already?...... Citeh v Liverpool eh, that will start the new season off with a bang????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Definitely not sympathetic towards the coach-stoning-scalleys from the wrong end of the East Lancs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

<deleted> yourself <deleted> <deleted> <deleted> faced <deleted>

• Haha 1

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Be good if a Mod would put this on either the Rags or the Scalleys thread so they can discuss it.

This thread is like Berlin in 1945. The regime is crumbling so we are simply coming in to occupy it. 

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

This thread is like Berlin in 1945. The regime is crumbling so we are simply coming in to occupy it. 

Anything but crumbling, it's THE busiest thread - all threads were restarted about the same time as "The Official..." , and there's more City pages than any other club's thread (even 'The Worlds Biggest Club from just outside of Manchester'). 

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Anything but crumbling, it's THE busiest thread - all threads were restarted about the same time as "The Official..." , and there's more City pages than any other club's thread (even 'The Worlds Biggest Club from just outside of Manchester'). 

I'm sure Berlin was pretty busy in 1945, with all the soldiers n that. 

While you're about Ricky, what did you think of your club sending a mischievous letter to CAS. Not very neighbourly is it.

Didn't we help keep your club from bankruptcy in 1930s (when you had crowds of 400 apparently), and didn't we let you use our ground when Use Rosler's dad bombed Old Trampford, and didn't we let you use our ground for midweek games when you had no floodlights.

I can understand the scousers and the London clubs sticking the knife in but not very nice of Manchester United. Don't come knocking on our door for a cup of sugar in future!

While I was looking for what year ManU nearly went bust, I came across this interesting fact:

United went through a 37-year long period without a trophy. This was between winning the league in 1910-1911 and the FA Cup in 1947-1948. Almost Spursy! Wonder if City fans went on about it?