The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

While you're about Ricky, what did you think of your club sending a mischievous letter to CAS. Not very neighbourly is it.

Didn't we help keep your club from bankruptcy in 1930s (when you had crowds of 400 apparently), and didn't we let you use our ground when Use Rosler's dad bombed Old Trampford, and didn't we let you use our ground for midweek games when you had no floodlights.

I can understand the scousers and the London clubs sticking the knife in but not very nice of Manchester United. Don't come knocking on our door for a cup of sugar in future!

I thought every club in the top 10 with the exception of 1 (not sure who that was), also sent or signed a letter to CAS? Maybe I understood that wrongly.

Anyway I've heard that the depending on the findings of CAS, this thread might be getting shut down for a couple of years. 

32 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

While you're about Ricky, what did you think of your club sending a mischievous letter to CAS. Not very neighbourly is it.

Didn't we help keep your club from bankruptcy in 1930s (when you had crowds of 400 apparently), and didn't we let you use our ground when Use Rosler's dad bombed Old Trampford, and didn't we let you use our ground for midweek games when you had no floodlights.

I can understand the scousers and the London clubs sticking the knife in but not very nice of Manchester United. Don't come knocking on our door for a cup of sugar in future!

Some time in the 1940's I think, didn't United and Liverpool get found guilty of match fixing? Caused all sorts of problems I believe. I'll have to look it up later

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Sheffield didn't send one.

So all jokes aside, don't you think all of those clubs feeling it was necessary to petition CAS indicates they strongly feel you have broken the rules and the UEFA charge should be upheld?

Or is it all part of the 'anti-City conspiracy'....

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So all jokes aside, don't you think all of those clubs feeling it was necessary to petition CAS indicates they strongly feel you have broken the rules and the UEFA charge should be upheld?

Or is it all part of the 'anti-City conspiracy'....

A bit of the latter but more to do with them all scrapping for our place in the CL and the money that goes with. Should be ashamed of themselves bunch of Vultures

25 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

A bit of the latter but more to do with them all scrapping for our place in the CL and the money that goes with. Should be ashamed of themselves bunch of Vultures

I find it sad; a usually sensible chap reduced to being completely delusional.

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I find it sad; a usually sensible chap reduced to being completely delusional.

Delusional about what? They are all trying to fight over our scraps. Pathetic. They should just let CAS do their job and see what the outcome is

13 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I thought every club in the top 10 with the exception of 1 (not sure who that was), also sent or signed a letter to CAS? Maybe I understood that wrongly.

Anyway I've heard that the depending on the findings of CAS, this thread might be getting shut down for a couple of years. 

Every club in the top 10 except Sheff U and obviously us - even the mighty Burnley.

Based on your non-response, to my comments on ManUs behavior to your noisy neighbours, it seems you must agree with me.

21 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Some time in the 1940's I think, didn't United and Liverpool get found guilty of match fixing? Caused all sorts of problems I believe. I'll have to look it up later

The Mirror wrote about just 4 days ago. 

"Inside England's match fixing scandal that involved Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/inside-englands-match-fixing-scandal-21773882

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The Mirror wrote about just 4 days ago. 

"Inside England's match fixing scandal that involved Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/inside-englands-match-fixing-scandal-21773882

I think there's a phrase that sums up you digging things up from over 50 years ago. Clutching at.....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I think there's a phrase that sums up you digging things up from over 50 years ago. Clutching at.....

You're always digging stuff up from the past. Like the last time United won the league and the treble blah blah blah ????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You're always digging stuff up from the past. Like the last time United won the league and the treble blah blah blah ????

I'm still proud of our club even when we don't win trophies. Without silverware you just become what you were before the Arabs, that's why it's unthinkable for you that you will be stripped. 

36 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I hear Shaun Goater is coaching Macc Town under 18s. Maybe he could be a good option for you when Pep leaves, you are banned, stripped and <deleted> for money.

Maybe Shaun Goater MBE will bring his mate along, Blue Nev, as his assistant 555

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I'm still proud of our club even when we don't win trophies. Without silverware you just become what you were before the Arabs, that's why it's unthinkable for you that you will be stripped. 

We're all proud of our clubs.

Ricky, without silverware, without Sheikh Mansour, we'll still be the same; the only club from Manchester, fact! 

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We're all proud of our clubs.

Ricky, without silverware, without Sheikh Mansour, we'll still be the same; the only club from Manchester, fact! 

Doesn't make a difference to me. They are my local league team. 

14 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Doesn't make a difference to me. They are my local league team. 

Thought you were from Hulme in Manchester, which would make Manchester City FC from Manchester your local team wouldn't it, and not that team from Old Trafford outside Manchester. 

If you're from Hulme (or am I mixing you up with someone else) why do you support Altrincham from outside Manchester?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Thought you were from Hulme in Manchester, which would make Manchester City FC from Manchester your local team wouldn't it, and not that team from Old Trafford outside Manchester. 

If you're from Hulme (or am I mixing you up with someone else) why do you support Altrincham from outside Manchester?

I went to school in Hulme for a bit, maybe that's what you are confusing it with, but OT and Maine Road were about equidistant from it. 

Yes I am from Altrincham, support Alty, but United are my local league team. 

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I went to school in Hulme for a bit, maybe that's what you are confusing it with, but OT and Maine Road were about equidistant from it. 

Yes I am from Altrincham, support Alty, but United are my local league team. 

Both your local clubs of Altrincham and ManU are you NOT in Manchester (despite the Rags name), similar to Stockport County, Bolton, Wigan, etc. ????

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Both your local clubs of Altrincham and ManU are you NOT in Manchester (despite the Rags name), similar to Stockport County, Bolton, Wigan, etc. ????

As I said, it doesn't matter to me. They are my local league / and non league clubs respectively.

Alty have never claimed to be in Manchester.

And anyone saying Salford isn't Manchester (although technically it isn't) are just being pedantic aren't they. When you think of a Manchester accent you think Salford. Salford is the heart of Manchester in many ways. 

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

As far as I am aware you two both have viable local league clubs (or in the league a few years ago) who you could have supported instead of City. Not sure you want to go down this road.

Happy to. I'm from Bradford; the Etihad Stadium North stand is built on top of where our house was built.