BANGKOK 26 June 2019 09:15
Jonathan Fairfield

The official Manchester City thread 2019

Sane off to Bayern Munich for $70m? I'd hate to see it but its a lot of cash. I still think Sane could become a world class footballer. 23 years old.

8 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Sane off to Bayern Munich for $70m? I'd hate to see it but its a lot of cash. I still think Sane could become a world class footballer. 23 years old.

At a time when there are 4 different ruling bodies investigating the club, there has to be an element of balancing the books.

To me, City look less of a danger when he isn't playing.

16 minutes ago, jellydog said:

madness

The only way Pep would let Sane go is if there's an attitude problem

59 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

There's the rub. The rumors have it that there have been attitude issues. One would hope things can be worked out. I'd sell Mahrez for a loss before I'd sell Sane for profit.

5 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I'd sell Mahrez for a loss before I'd sell Sane for profit.

Amen to that

1 hour ago, champers said:

At a time when there are 4 different ruling bodies investigating the club, there has to be an element of balancing the books.

Books are balanced mate. 2nd highest turnover in the league, no debt

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

And 12 months ago he was left out of the German World Cup squad, rumoured to be about his attitude. You could argue it is a coach's job to work through such a problem. It didn't serve Germany well. Will City be worse for losing him?

53 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Books are balanced mate. 2nd highest turnover in the league, no debt

I presumed that City will be doing some spending this summer, so my comment was a forecast and not a critique of past events. Your paranoia is showing through.

9 minutes ago, champers said:

And 12 months ago he was left out of the German World Cup squad, rumoured to be about his attitude. You could argue it is a coach's job to work through such a problem. It didn't serve Germany well. Will City be worse for losing him?

Sane's a great player (not as good this year as he was last year) and we'll be worse off without him, depending who we get in I suppose. Agree the manager has a part to play in sorting out attitude's. Pep will undoubtedly have tried but he won't put the togetherness of the whole squad at risk for one player 

11 minutes ago, champers said:

I presumed that City will be doing some spending this summer, so my comment was a forecast and not a critique of past events. Your paranoia is showing through.

Not paranoia, just being defensive. Is it any wonder on here!! 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Sane's a great player (not as good this year as he was last year) and we'll be worse off without him, depending who we get in I suppose. Agree the manager has a part to play in sorting out attitude's. Pep will undoubtedly have tried but he won't put the togetherness of the whole squad at risk for one player 

I would replace him with Wilfried Zaha in a heartbeat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, champers said:

Ouch! Not I! A very talented player but injury prone, inconsistent and is not immune to the frequent dive. Best see him with another club.

19 minutes ago, champers said:

Good player but why did United not keep him? And he'll be bladdy expensive I reckon

43 minutes ago, champers said:

It is an amazing feat for City to be challenging for the highest turn over against a team like United. United, with a story to tell of 20 titles and a multitude of cups, built over a quarter of century. Hats off.